Freedman out!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Re: Freedman out!

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:43 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:Exactly!
Are you sure that you're not just being a bit of a c*nt? :lol:
Maybe, thanks for trying to cheer me up :) .
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:20 pm

I feel like we're about to get a Lord Percy moment here.

Freedman is shit and needs to go if we're going to sort this mess out. A mess overwhelmingly now of his making. The stubborn refusal to work with the players we've got, coupled with a stubborn refusal to work with the players he's signed, coupled with a stubborn refusal to alter his tactics in the face of a weight of evidence that they don't work has combined in a perfect storm of shitness. It doesn't matter what comes before after, it's here and now. He needs to go.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

gavlat2872
Promising
Promising

Post by gavlat2872 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:51 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:I feel like we're about to get a Lord Percy moment here.

Freedman is shit and needs to go if we're going to sort this mess out. A mess overwhelmingly now of his making. The stubborn refusal to work with the players we've got, coupled with a stubborn refusal to work with the players he's signed, coupled with a stubborn refusal to alter his tactics in the face of a weight of evidence that they don't work has combined in a perfect storm of shitness. It doesn't matter what comes before after, it's here and now. He needs to go.
+1

gizmothevoomer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by gizmothevoomer » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:35 pm

Whilst Dougie is not performing to expectations of most people on this forum, a question worth looking at is why as a club our current manager and his previous 2 incumbants performed significantly worse as Bolton managers than as managers of their previous clubs. In the ginger ones case subsequent clubs. OC was not manager of Wigan long enough for those Stats to be reliable.

Maybe Eddie should look at why managers do not perform to their potential at Bolton?

For the record I am in the Dougie out camp but other things need to change too in order to break the cycle of failure.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:22 pm

:laugh:
gizmothevoomer wrote:OC was not manager of Wigan long enough for those Stats to be reliable.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:41 am

Prufrock wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:
Prufrock wrote:He's not worse than Coyle.
He obviously is. Coyle has done far more in his managerial career and is a lot better tactically. I won't expand on that too much because it'll seem like I rate Coyle, which I don't, but he's clearly a superior manager to Freedman. Coyle's career statistics are better and they're also better as Bolton manager, despite the fact we were in a tougher league for the majority of Coyle's reign.
:lol: please, feel free! Everyone is now aware you don't rate Coyle, so expand briefly on how he is better 'tactically' than Freedman.

Unless of course it's because, despite constantly throwing around phrases like 'tactically inept', which are a little meaningless anyway, you don't actually know what you mean by that.

Coyle picked, for a Premier League game, a midfield four of Eagles, Pratley, Mark Davies and Tuncay. With SKD and Klasnic in front. A front six, none of whom have ever made a tackle, one striker apart. He also persisted with a front two of Klasnic and Davies wherever possible, despite the fact that none of them can run. Even after stumbling upon a formula that worked, he then reverted back to the glacial front two wherever possible. Then we had the constant Mark Davies on the right of a flat four. We had leaving constantly leaving Paul Robinson isolated. We had constantly bringing Petrov, who had one attribute, crossing, on on the right hand side. Your own current stick for beating Dougie with is that we don't close anyone down on the edge of the box; this isn't a new problem, we constantly conceded goals allowing people to run at our back four who backed off and backed off until goal. Nani at home the one that springs immediately to mind.

Tactics aside, we had two proper keepers and a promising kid, and he went with the kid, who patently wasn't ready. He lost Stuart Holden to injury,but persisted with not playing Muamba despite him being the only one who could tackle. When he did play Muamba, we'd look good, until he subbed him off at which point we'd promptly lose. He did all this whilst claiming to be cutting the wage bill whilst not, in fact, cutting the wage bill. People slag Freedman off for not playing his own signings, but Coyle, claiming not to have loads of cash, jizzed that that he did have away on shite like N'Gog and Sordell, who he then didn't pick, instead sticking with the aforementioned glacial front two. Tuncay, Pratley, Wheater etc... all players he signed and didn't play.

Owen Coyle took over a team in 18th, made them good for a year (for which he gets credit, despite its now obvious dodgy foundations) and then managed to relegate that team. Having relegated that team, he then managed to fcuk it up further, and had us going at a points per game rate that would have seen us relegated. He, more than anyone has done well out of continuing troubles as it seems some have forgotten how shite he really was, but that dickhead is the worst manager I've ever seen at BWFC - worse even than Sammy Lee, and I'll be astounded and devastated if I see anyone ever come close to his levels of ineptitude.

None of that is, or should be read as, a defence of Freedman, who is doing shit and can, for me, do one too. I've a sneaking feeling that, as long as we don't look in severe danger of going down (by which I mean we drop into the bottom 3) he'll be staying, and will get the summer to try to rebuild after as many high earners as poss go (the out of contracts and out of favours). In that case, I hope he can do it, and can use the money left to get in some hungry sorts and hooray we all win. I'm not optimistic though. I can, at least, see what he is trying to do though. I don't like it, AND it isn't working, but it seems everyone can see the plan is 'be solid, nick it on the break, defend that lead'. I didn't have a scooby-do what Coyle was even trying.

So yeah. Freedman bad, Coyle worse.
The vast majority of that is true, and I appreciate we're talking different degrees of utterly fecking hopeless, but being good for a year is marginally better than being good for about 10 games.

For his endless faults, Coyle got Burnley promoted to the Premier League, then kept us in the Premier League for a season and got us to an FA Cup semi-final.

Dougie will never achieve any of that with anyone.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:17 am

He's still talking shite...
It’s hard to see the vision right now, of course it is, but this is a younger age group of players, a different squad. Could they have come here a year ago and done that? I don’t think so

So we've improved :shock:
What is happening at the moment is that teams are getting one, maybe two opportunities against us at the moment and yet still getting a goal
At the moment? Don't you mean for the last 15 months +?
That kind of thing can really get you down. But I have said to the lads, make sure you look at the whole reflection of the game
Yes. We were dead ace and controlled the game (without the ball) :roll:

We've been waiting for it to click for a year now and if anything we're further away from that click. If he wont go, could he not just keep his gob shut?

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:30 am

I don't think there's a single person who thinks Bolton have the right to be sitting pretty at the top of this league.

Yer Leicester Cities of this world, yer Birmingham Cities of this world, yer Middlesboroughses of this world, yer Derby Counties of this world and yer Blackburn Rovers of this world must all feel that their team should be there or thereabouts come the final mix.

However I think we are perfectly right not to accept our current situation and our total lack of backbone.

I wonder why we capitulate at the slightest? Could it be that filling the team with laon players destroys any team spirit within the club?

I was thinking this morning 'how the feck did N'Gog find his way back in to the side?'

Dougie is using Bolton Wanderers as a 'free go'. He's trying out what can laughingly be described as 'tactics' at our club in the hope that he'll get it right so he can apply for the Chelsea job in a few years when Jose takes the hump.

Those of you that remember the game 'Mastermind' where you had to shuffle the pins about until you'd cracked a hidden code must see similarities in Dougies 'rotation' policy.

It's all guess work, fingers crossed and praying that there's a 100-1 chance that he'll land on the right selection like a housewife picking a Grand National horse with a pin.

I'd like to ask him the question.

'Dougie, liar or inept. Which is it?'
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:15 am

coffeymagic wrote:I don't think there's a single person who thinks Bolton have the right to be sitting pretty at the top of this league.

Yer Leicester Cities of this world, yer Birmingham Cities of this world, yer Middlesboroughses of this world, yer Derby Counties of this world and yer Blackburn Rovers of this world must all feel that their team should be there or thereabouts come the final mix.

However I think we are perfectly right not to accept our current situation and our total lack of backbone.

I wonder why we capitulate at the slightest? Could it be that filling the team with laon players destroys any team spirit within the club?

I was thinking this morning 'how the feck did N'Gog find his way back in to the side?'

Dougie is using Bolton Wanderers as a 'free go'. He's trying out what can laughingly be described as 'tactics' at our club in the hope that he'll get it right so he can apply for the Chelsea job in a few years when Jose takes the hump.

Those of you that remember the game 'Mastermind' where you had to shuffle the pins about until you'd cracked a hidden code must see similarities in Dougies 'rotation' policy.

It's all guess work, fingers crossed and praying that there's a 100-1 chance that he'll land on the right selection like a housewife picking a Grand National horse with a pin.

I'd like to ask him the question.

'Dougie, liar or inept. Which is it?
'
More chance of getting a simple answer from BWFCi !!

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:21 am

He still hasn't answered it.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:22 am

It's still Coyle's fault in insano land.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:30 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:He's still talking shite...
It’s hard to see the vision right now, of course it is, but this is a younger age group of players, a different squad. Could they have come here a year ago and done that? I don’t think so

So we've improved :shock:
What is happening at the moment is that teams are getting one, maybe two opportunities against us at the moment and yet still getting a goal
At the moment? Don't you mean for the last 15 months +?
That kind of thing can really get you down. But I have said to the lads, make sure you look at the whole reflection of the game
Yes. We were dead ace and controlled the game (without the ball) :roll:

We've been waiting for it to click for a year now and if anything we're further away from that click. If he wont go, could he not just keep his gob shut?
Quoting him is simply unfair.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:08 pm

So you've worked out what 'quoting' means now have you?

Is this the new 'I pretend not to know what a1 means' shit joke?

Yay I'm famous.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:11 pm

So if we slag him off are we supposed to quote or not? :conf:

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:17 pm

f**k the self appointed forum police, the revolution is on

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:21 pm

jaffka wrote:f**k the self appointed forum police, the revolution is on
Yeah! Straight from the underground!!

PS I'm not sure your lyrics are as catchy as NWA's.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:30 pm

:lol:.

All I'm saying is when you 'quote' him actually, you know, quote him. Instead of saying he said things he didn't.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:32 pm

Prufrock wrote::lol:.

All I'm saying is when you 'quote' him actually, you know, quote him. Instead of saying he said things he didn't.
f**k off

we will say what we want

we will do what we want...

:lol:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:36 pm

You sound like a United fan :wink:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:42 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Is this the new 'I pretend not to know what a1 means' shit joke?
But what of us that genuinely have absolutely no idea what he's on about, to a point of rarely making the effort. :conf:
Last edited by Bruce Rioja on Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May the bridges I burn light your way