Freedman out!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Re: Freedman out!

Post by jaffka » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:33 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:The sheer bug eyed, open-mouthed, staggertasticity of this, brings his mental stability into question:

"DOUGIE Freedman insisted that luck played no part in his side’s narrow progression to the second round of the Captial One Cup at the expense of local rivals Bury."

Time up, ( after six extra minutes played) one goal down after being out-played almost all game and we get a penalty, score and go on to win in extra time, but luck played no part? If Dougie planned that to give the fans a thrills and spills ride with a shock ending, watch out Steven Speilberg, you have a rival. Could he not just have said:

"We just didn't play well. Truthfully, we were pretty awful. Bury surprised us by how well they played, got a lead and then continued to play well and defend it. We didn't take what few chances we had and lady luck stepped in at the death. We managed it, but were very fortunate and well done Bury."

At least he wouldn't have made a complete prat of himself with silliness.

I like to contrast these two quotes Tango...

On Saturday “We stuck together, tried to get going and with a little bit of luck might have got something but if you are going to defend that way you won’t win a lot of games.”

On Tuesday “We weren’t lucky,” he said. “Luck doesn’t play a part in this game. If you keep sticking to your guns and trying to play in the right way, blah blah ......"
Just wait for some nobhead to come on and say that the comments cannot be compared because they are specific to this game where luck doesn't happen but in other games luck can happen. Or some other shite.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:04 pm

Whoa there, whoaaaa! The second wasn't a quote at all. It was a suggested thing (by me)that might have appeared less idiotic than what Dougie actually did say. I did say: "Could he not just have said".. in my post. No confusion meant and apologies if any caused.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:11 pm

From the BN:

This is the game against Watford:
“We stuck together, tried to get going and with a little bit of luck might have got something but if you are going to defend that way you won’t win a lot of games.”
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... d/?ref=mac" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is the game against Watford:
“We weren’t lucky,” he said. “Luck doesn’t play a part in this game.
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... y/?ref=mac" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:15 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Whoa there, whoaaaa! The second wasn't a quote at all. It was a suggested thing (by me)that might have appeared less idiotic than what Dougie actually did say. I did say: "Could he not just have said".. in my post. No confusion meant and apologies if any caused.
think it might have been the phrase rather than confusion over who said it tango - something akin to saying they surprised us by turning up and being able to kick the bloody thing in the directionof our goal. :D

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:19 pm

StaffsTrotter wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Whoa there, whoaaaa! The second wasn't a quote at all. It was a suggested thing (by me)that might have appeared less idiotic than what Dougie actually did say. I did say: "Could he not just have said".. in my post. No confusion meant and apologies if any caused.
think it might have been the phrase rather than confusion over who said it tango - something akin to saying they surprised us by turning up and being able to kick the bloody thing in the directionof our goal. :D
Aye, but just the sort of drivel he'd come out with. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:27 pm

:oyea:
No confusion Tango, understood what you were getting at and was just adding to it by showing an actual quote as well just to further illuminate Dougie's bollocks (metaphorically speaking :shock: ).

Jaffka has backed up my quotes with actual URLs so between the 3 of us I think we have Dougie's bollocks well covered.

So feck you Pru, and your Subaru! :oyea:

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:13 pm

There is no luck in the fact that this clown still has a job. That would be down to another poor set of choices by Mr Gartside

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:30 pm

There seems to be a disproportionate amount of attention paid to the guff that Douglas comes out with in press conferences (or "pressers" as we cognoscenti like to call them). Why?

He hasn't criticised the team? Good. Do it in private. I'm loath to refer to Mr Alex Ferguson but I think that I'm big and mature enough to concede that, over the years, he achieved a moderate degree of success as a football manager. And in that time he hardly ever criticised his players in public. There would be all manner of whining about referees, the opposition, the colour of the shirts and so on - often designed to deflect attention from the fact that the team had been dreadful. He'd then give them a shoeing in private. One may hope that Douglas does the same.

So criticise his tactics, his lack of tactics, his not playing 442, his playing 442, whatever. But his pronouncements in pressers? Ignore them. Pressers are simply an attempt to give Sky Sports News some justification for its bloated 24-hour-rolling existence.
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:44 pm

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:18 pm

I know there's been plenty of debate about what Freedman said/meant in the past but whilst this hypocrisy is nothing new, it actually annoys me that Freedman comes out with this drivel. Managers talk a lot of nonsense but for him to say "luck doesn't play a part" after saying "we need a little bit more luck in front of goal" throughout last season when we couldn't buy a win is annoying. He's a complete prick and I'm sick of him. Even if he was a decent manager, which he's not and never will be, he's an arrogant tosser and it's no wonder he's been so divisive in the past. Would anyone want this clown as their boss? and if he was, would you perform at your best for him or would it affect your performance?

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:21 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote: Would anyone want this clown as their boss?
Yes - I would.
SmokinFrazier wrote:
and if he was, would you perform at your best for him
Yes.
SmokinFrazier wrote: or would it affect your performance?
Nope. It wouldn't.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:52 pm

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:08 am

I presume, a1, that you're referring to Mr Owen Coyle, with your pictures of seals and table- tennis bats?

You are aware, aren't you, that Mr Owen Coyle hasn't managed the Wanderers for almost two years?

You seem to be labouring under some sort of misapprehension of logic in which you pointing out that Mr Owen Coyle wan't a very good manager somehow makes Mr Douglas Freedman into one. I hate to be the one to break it to you, but this isn't true. It's perfectly possible for both Mr Owen Coyle and Mr Douglas Freedman to be not very good at managing football clubs.

Do you understand this? I know that you find both thinking and using words a bit difficult, so feel free to respond with a picture if it's easier for you.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:12 am

Puskas wrote:There seems to be a disproportionate amount of attention paid to the guff that Douglas comes out with in press conferences (or "pressers" as we cognoscenti like to call them). Why?

He hasn't criticised the team? Good. Do it in private.
But he does criticise them publically. Then he talks utter bollocks and contradicts himself. While results continue to be shit.

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:27 am

I agree with Puskas 100pc. Football talk it utter tripe at the best of times. 'The lad dun good', 'I didn't see it' and 'We wuz robbed' are about as good as it gets. Cramming a mic infront Iain Dowie is never going to elicit any pearls of wisdom.

But there is a space between defending your team and slagging them off.

And there is a way of answering questions honestly and fairly that doesn't undermine your credibility in the eyes of people who remember what you said 72hours ago.

That's when he does speak of course. There are plenty of occasions where he doesn't speak to say Radio Manchester after a defeat but then when we've won 1-0 he's first out of the changing room reminding us with that haughty, laughy, I know best voice he does that football is 'difficult' and how he's trying to 'educate us'.

Educate? Indoctrinate perhaps. Like I say it's as if he's been on some sort of course where they've told him to repeat and repeat and repeat until people either beilibe it leave.

He's practically running a cult where those on the inside are the true and righteous ones and the ones on the outside are idiots and are against the club.

Perhaps I'm giving him credit he doesn't deserve here. Perhaps he's thick as shit and just says words that pop into his head. Perhaps he doesn't know the meaning of half the stuff he comes out with.

There's a job waiting for him on the Sky Soccer Saturday shooting gallery whenever he wants it.

All he has to say is 'The lads gone and done a worldy' and it's his.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:56 pm

coffeymagic wrote:
He's practically running a cult where those on the inside are the true and righteous ones and the ones on the outside are idiots and are against the club.
*owen coyle likes this*

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:01 pm

a1 wrote: owen coyle
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:34 pm

boltonboris wrote:
a1 wrote: owen coyle
<aNicePicture>
The lad's obsessed. Clearly.

I bet he sits at home every night, trousers round his ankles, watching the Roadrunner video of the Gretna FA Cup match.

"2-1 down - you can do it Owen, oh....oh.....oh god, yesssssss......."

Put a picture of that up, if you dare....

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:28 pm

a1
Passionate
Passionate