Freedman out!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Freedman out!

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:39 pm

BL3 wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BL3 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:But if Eddie is spent up. He's spent up. So we are stuck with what we've got in every department!
The players that we're 'stuck with' are still more than good enough for this league, despite what the manager thinks.
Are they fxck.
Not as good as Blackpool's squad then? Or is Dougie just getting his excuses in early?
You can of course check back on what I've written, but I think I've been fairly consistent in my opinion on the ability of both our squad (fairly shit) and our manager (not convinced).
Fairly shit and not convinced equals bottom of the table, which no matter how sarcastic you want to be is at least consistent with my views and has nothing at all to do where Blackpool are.
I'd also like to add that although I don't possess the sunniest disposition on the planet I'm not as big a miserable cnut as you are...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:52 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:SF without entering this debate, if Eddie doesn't want to spend on new players why would he want to spend on a new manager?
Davies is a very wealthy man and we could sign Rhodes tonight if he wanted to. The only reason we're not investing in players is because Davies and Gartside, rightly, don't trust Freedman with the money. Sacking Freedman would be a small cost to pay but our chances of promotion would increase massively.

A good manager will sort us out and it's a much cheaper option that letting Freedman sign a bunch of new players.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:55 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:SF without entering this debate, if Eddie doesn't want to spend on new players why would he want to spend on a new manager?
Davies is a very wealthy man and we could sign Rhodes tonight if he wanted to. The only reason we're not investing in players is because Davies and Gartside, rightly, don't trust Freedman with the money. Sacking Freedman would be a small cost to pay but our chances of promotion would increase massively.

A good manager will sort us out and it's a much cheaper option that letting Freedman sign a bunch of new players.

:roll: A new manager, like who? Pulis? (if you thought Meggo was bad!) Poyet? O'Neill(as I said never going to happen, we don't have the money)
Pfffft.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:56 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:

How do you know any of this? Hasn't Eddie been cutting spending year on year for a while now?

I have no idea how much money he has personally. And how much he is willing to invest. Or the reasons he is or isn't.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:56 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:During that good run, so many opposing fans would have left the ground thinking that they deserved a lot more than what they got. Teams we drew with probably thought they deserve to win and teams we beat probably thought they were deserving of at least a point. I made an effort to look at other teams forums last year, to gauge what they thought of us, and it was very rare that you'd hear compliments about our performances and at no point last season did I consider us to be playing well. We still had a poor attack and a shoddy defence, and there's no question that we rode our luck a lot last year.

I disagree with the idea that we've ever played well under Freedman. We played awful when he came in and we're even worse now. There was a good run of results in between that point but, again, they weren't good performances. Is that going to change any time soon? I don't think so.

Assuming we draw the two games against Leeds and Derby - and right now, I don't fancy us to beat either - then we'll be on 4 points after 7 games. At what point do you accept that you have to move on in order to salvage the season? It's just making the job a lot harder for the guy who picks up after Freedman. We can't afford to wait 10 or 15 games because by that time, we'll be over 20 points behind those at the top of the league if we continue with this form.
No matter how you spin it SF, Dougie took us from a relegation battle to one game from the Playoffs. I don't care how we win, aslong as we win.

He also took a poor Palace side from a relegation outfit to a promotion side

Dougie is no world beater, but he is far from shite.

Even BL3 fecked off for half a season until we missed out on the playoffs so he must have been doing something right ;)

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:58 pm

Eddie has pots of money. Guesstimate would be £100m as he sold Strix for about £160m about two/three years ago
Pfffft.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:59 pm

TKIZ! wrote:Eddie has pots of money. Guesstimate would be £100m as he sold Strix for about £160m about two/three years ago
He's put £100M plus into us, if Gartside is to be believed. So doesn't sound like there is masses more left.....

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:00 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:

You cant possibly know that's the "only reason" why we we're not investing in players. How do you know they don't trust him with the money, what are you basing your argument on?

Is this you not calling for Dougie's head?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:01 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:Eddie has pots of money. Guesstimate would be £100m as he sold Strix for about £160m about two/three years ago
He's put £100M plus into us, if Gartside is to be believed. So doesn't sound like there is masses more left.....
If we're paying him the reported 10% PA then he's had it back, too.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:03 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
If we're paying him the reported 10% PA then he's had it back, too.
I think it's just added to the bill.....

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:03 pm

No-one knows the reason why we're not getting any more money but Eddie and Dougie. It's also mainly down to the FFA, of which no-one has decided what the penalties will be for not complying
Pfffft.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:05 pm

89bwfc89 wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:

You cant possibly know that's the "only reason" why we we're not investing in players. How do you know they don't trust him with the money, what are you basing your argument on?

Exactly. Certain contributors also conveniently forget FFP if it weakens their rather ridiculous take on things.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:06 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
89bwfc89 wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:

Exactly. Certain contributors also conveniently forget FFP if it weakens their rather ridiculous take on things.
To be fair it seems like several clubs are ignoring FFP. Nobody knows what their punishments will be.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:07 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
89bwfc89 wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:

I'll guarantee that if BWFC did overspend and have issues with FFP, we'd get nailed for it with whatever the maximum was likely to be
Pfffft.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:09 pm

I'm personally convinced that Eddie is the key. He needs to invest to accumulate. Forget the fact he's a fan, he's making bad financially motivated decisions by restricting the money supply.
. Just fxcking pretend your a Saudi, Eddie, go for it for fxck's sake.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:30 pm

The penalties for FFP will be token ones I'm convinced. Surely you can't hammer someone when you haven't even told them the penalties? Maybe a transfer embargo, but if you've got a squad like Wigan or QPR so what?

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:32 pm

LeverEnd wrote:The penalties for FFP will be token ones I'm convinced. Surely you can't hammer someone when you haven't even told them the penalties? Maybe a transfer embargo, but if you've got a squad like Wigan or QPR so what?
Was thinking this myself. How long before clubs take the risk hoping for promotion to out weigh any penalty.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:40 pm

ChrisC wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:The penalties for FFP will be token ones I'm convinced. Surely you can't hammer someone when you haven't even told them the penalties? Maybe a transfer embargo, but if you've got a squad like Wigan or QPR so what?
Was thinking this myself. How long before clubs take the risk hoping for promotion to out weigh any penalty.
Points deductions are the only thing that will work but if any penalty will financially hit a club hard their lawyers can surely claim that they weren't told and will legally challenge the punishment.I predict various clubs will take the piss and get token punishments, forcing the FL to firm up the penalties for next season. Half-baked bullshit.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:46 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
89bwfc89 wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:

I'll guarantee that if BWFC did overspend and have issues with FFP, we'd get nailed for it with whatever the maximum was likely to be
Can Eddie not spend a couple of mil on someone like Malaga (or other skint side) and just transfer the lot, A La Watford? Sounds like a cheaper option. He only has to own 'em long enough to transfer their entire team...Could then file for CVA on what was left....

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:15 pm

Note to self: it could be worse

They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.