Freedman out!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Freedman out!

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:42 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote: Not going to post again
:pissed: :oyea: :drink: Image :drink: :oyea: :pissed:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:47 pm

:lol:

Never thought of that one!
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:11 pm

Have been a big fan and supporter of Dougie, I remain so and believe he knows what he's doing, but the evidence against is starting to stack up...
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:47 pm

I've always been one for giving people time.

Coyle wasn't sacked because he had a poor first ten games. He was sacked because he'd had a poor ten games after having got relegated.

Lee has been the only one who was utterly nuts.

It's not an excuse, but our opening ten are tough. We should have done better, but unless we're on Sammy Lee half a point a game territory I wouldn't be firing off after ten. There'd still be 108 poimts to play for. He's been 'above average' so far. There need to be big improvements, particularly at centre-half. I'd be surprised and dissapointed if he hadn't got there in the next few weeks. If he doesn't, he might be entering Coyle-esquye wrong-headedness. Then we might need to talk replacements.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:28 pm

Prufrock wrote:I've always been one for giving people time.

Coyle wasn't sacked because he had a poor first ten games. He was sacked because he'd had a poor ten games after having got relegated.

Lee has been the only one who was utterly nuts.

It's not an excuse, but our opening ten are tough. We should have done better, but unless we're on Sammy Lee half a point a game territory I wouldn't be firing off after ten. There'd still be 108 poimts to play for. He's been 'above average' so far. There need to be big improvements, particularly at centre-half. I'd be surprised and dissapointed if he hadn't got there in the next few weeks. If he doesn't, he might be entering Coyle-esquye wrong-headedness. Then we might need to talk replacements.
Stop it with your sensible-ness. The internet is no place for such level talk

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:51 pm

Prufrock wrote:He's been 'above average' so far.
That's just not true. Of all the managers in the league, there are only 7 who have a poorer win percentage at their current clubs than Freedman, so he's factually well below average. A couple of those don't tell the whole story either, seeing as Redknapp and Adkins were both getting battered in the Premier League, which unfairly gives them a low average. Steve Lomas, Gary Bowyer and Paul Dickov are three of the others, and they've managed a handful of games between them.

Freedman is nowhere near average. We started off awfully under him, we then got some good results, despite rarely being the best team, and now we're back to playing terrible football and getting what we deserve.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:13 am

Coyle and Megson both had their it'll be reet supporter s and look where thats got us!
Football is a results game and successful clubs get them even when playing crap we could play like Barcelona and still manage to loose.
There seems a lack of energy and drive at the club and that is down to the manager

Norpig
Promising
Promising

Post by Norpig » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:33 pm

Get a grip people, yes we were poor on Saturday but to sack the manager so early would be suicide. Firstly we have no money so paying off Freedman and co would not be the brightest of moves. Instead of getting rid of the manager it would be a better idea to just replace the players he thinks are not pulling their weight with a young lad who would at least have the enthusiasm and would close down the opposition. lets face it even if they are not good enough we cannot go any lower and you never know they may be inspired and actually step up to the mark and improve us as a team. Currently we are not a team Midfield and attack are totally disjointed and the whole of the defence are a shambles. I do have to question why we did not continue with the same set up as the QPR game at Blackburn at least we looked slightly more solid not brilliant going forward but I think we need to grind out results at the moment 4-4-2 with out current players is madness!!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:40 pm

The run last season wasn 't pretty and featured some luck, but it was good enough resultswise to buy him into the new year at least for me no matter how bad results are. Not impressed with things this season, but looks like he's trying to do something about it and he is still stuck with highly paid players he doesn't want. I've got from confident he'll be a success to 50-50. It's irrelevant though as there is no way he'll be sacked anytime soon. I'd only advocate it in Feb/March if we look in serious relegation danger, and I doubt very much that we will be.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:44 pm

During that good run, so many opposing fans would have left the ground thinking that they deserved a lot more than what they got. Teams we drew with probably thought they deserve to win and teams we beat probably thought they were deserving of at least a point. I made an effort to look at other teams forums last year, to gauge what they thought of us, and it was very rare that you'd hear compliments about our performances and at no point last season did I consider us to be playing well. We still had a poor attack and a shoddy defence, and there's no question that we rode our luck a lot last year.

I disagree with the idea that we've ever played well under Freedman. We played awful when he came in and we're even worse now. There was a good run of results in between that point but, again, they weren't good performances. Is that going to change any time soon? I don't think so.

Assuming we draw the two games against Leeds and Derby - and right now, I don't fancy us to beat either - then we'll be on 4 points after 7 games. At what point do you accept that you have to move on in order to salvage the season? It's just making the job a lot harder for the guy who picks up after Freedman. We can't afford to wait 10 or 15 games because by that time, we'll be over 20 points behind those at the top of the league if we continue with this form.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:47 pm

SF without entering this debate, if Eddie doesn't want to spend on new players why would he want to spend on a new manager?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:49 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Not going to post again on this subject because people have already made their minds up one way or another, and I'm 100% convinced that getting rid of him will be a huge mistake. But others will be 100% convinced the other way and there is no point arguing it.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:54 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Not going to post again on this subject because people have already made their minds up one way or another, and I'm 100% convinced that getting rid of him will be a huge mistake. But others will be 100% convinced the other way and there is no point arguing it.

I was asking a question not debating the topic.

It might actually be worthy of a new thread about where we go from here as a club and what people think the answers are. But if Eddie is spent up. He's spent up. So we are stuck with what we've got in every department!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:01 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:During that good run, so many opposing fans would have left the ground thinking that they deserved a lot more than what they got. Teams we drew with probably thought they deserve to win and teams we beat probably thought they were deserving of at least a point. I made an effort to look at other teams forums last year, to gauge what they thought of us, and it was very rare that you'd hear compliments about our performances and at no point last season did I consider us to be playing well. We still had a poor attack and a shoddy defence, and there's no question that we rode our luck a lot last year.

I disagree with the idea that we've ever played well under Freedman. We played awful when he came in and we're even worse now. There was a good run of results in between that point but, again, they weren't good performances. Is that going to change any time soon? I don't think so.

Assuming we draw the two games against Leeds and Derby - and right now, I don't fancy us to beat either - then we'll be on 4 points after 7 games. At what point do you accept that you have to move on in order to salvage the season? It's just making the job a lot harder for the guy who picks up after Freedman. We can't afford to wait 10 or 15 games because by that time, we'll be over 20 points behind those at the top of the league if we continue with this form.
Replace him now and we're stuck with a compensation payment and a new manager with someone else's players and no money. Better off sticking and hoping. He won't take us down, he's young and we can review towards the end of the season

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:08 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Not going to post again on this subject

but posting again nevertheless! 8)

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:29 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:But if Eddie is spent up. He's spent up. So we are stuck with what we've got in every department!
The players that we're 'stuck with' are still more than good enough for this league, despite what the manager thinks.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:35 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

It might actually be worthy of a new thread about where we go from here as a club and what people think the answers are. But if Eddie is spent up. He's spent up. So we are stuck with what we've got in every department!
You privvy to his bank account? Skint? I doubt it, not seen an advert for a second hand private jet yet.
Fed up more like and sore at listening too much to Gartsides duff advice!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:07 pm

Hoboh wrote:Fed up more like and sore at listening too much to Gartsides duff advice!
If that's the case then he would simply sack Garty.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:26 pm

BL3 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:But if Eddie is spent up. He's spent up. So we are stuck with what we've got in every department!
The players that we're 'stuck with' are still more than good enough for this league, despite what the manager thinks.
Are they fxck.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:27 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BL3 wrote:
Are they fxck.
Not as good as Blackpool's squad then? Or is Dougie just getting his excuses in early?