Freedman out!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Freedman out!

Post by clapton is god » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:31 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
clapton is god wrote:BWFC have just confirmed that Freedman will take the press conference tomorrow.
THAT is the club's official statement today. Really ?? Wow.

Not even got the bottle to back him !! Amazing.
Well, not exactly an official release, but a tweet by Iles

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:35 pm

clapton is god wrote:BWFC have just confirmed that Freedman will take the press conference tomorrow.
....at a different club???

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:46 pm

His post-resignation press conference perhaps? :)
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:50 pm

My God.

Well, he needs the team to win, starting with a goal in the first five minutes having not put a foot wrong.

Considering at the last home game we gave away a pen in the first 10 minutes, and that Fulham scored a legitimate goal and a disallowed one and hit the post all within the first 10 minutes, I won't be holding my breath. Especially as the manager has publicly said that these players aren't good enough to avoid relegation. There's a Rubicon crossed right there.

The sad thing - sad as in sorrowful, not "lame" - is that there will be many people who want the best for BWFC who won't quite know how to react. Can the fans really get behind Freedman's team?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:53 pm

if this was where we were going - then I would have thought that an earlier statement of support (even if heavily qualified) would have helped - and avoided the situation of fans assuming he was getting sacked and then being gobsmacked to hear Iles's tweet...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:56 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Can the fans really get behind Freedman's team?
I think the best he's probably going to get from this quarter is indifference...

I think the knives will be out on occasion of the first aimless pass into space and thereafter.

Then further if we concede.

And on the occasion of any substitution (probably be it right or wrong).

Also, in the event of a pitch invasion.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:59 pm

As soon as the line up comes out, there'll be pitchforks being sharpened
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:10 pm

thebish wrote:if this was where we were going - then I would have thought that an earlier statement of support (even if heavily qualified) would have helped - and avoided the situation of fans assuming he was getting sacked and then being gobsmacked to hear Iles's tweet...
Exactly. The decision to let him continue is extraordinary but if that's their decision they should say so, not say nowt and sit on their hands whistling Dixie.

The worst of all Worlds.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:28 pm

This is insane and, contra the Daily Mail (surprise), it can hardly be said that Gartside has 'been loyal' to Freedman. No words of support.

Surely the explanation can't be that the club are hanging him out to dry, in the hope that it'll all get too much and he'll walk without having to be paid off? :conf:

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:32 pm

But if he's thick skinned, Youri he might be hanging on for Phil to boot him into the compo heap. 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:34 pm

Fans' responses to the BN article reporting that he's staying include the excellent:

Pat1992 says...
ABSOLUTE DISGRACE GROW SOME F@CKING **** YOU COMPLETE AND UTTER BELL CHEESES!
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:45 pm

EverSoYouri wrote:This is insane and, contra the Daily Mail (surprise), it can hardly be said that Gartside has 'been loyal' to Freedman. No words of support.

Surely the explanation can't be that the club are hanging him out to dry, in the hope that it'll all get too much and he'll walk without having to be paid off? :conf:
A couple of weeks ago, I'd have thought you slightly unhinged for suggesting such a thing. I am now persuaded by the idea that those in the club's hierarchy haven't a f*cking clue what to do, and are hoping matters will resolve themselves one way or another if they just do nothing and let things unfold in their own time.

And LK

the use of the word bellcheese.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:56 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
EverSoYouri wrote:This is insane and, contra the Daily Mail (surprise), it can hardly be said that Gartside has 'been loyal' to Freedman. No words of support.

A couple of weeks ago, I'd have thought you slightly unhinged for suggesting such a thing. I am now persuaded by the idea that those in the club's hierarchy haven't a f*cking clue what to do, and are hoping matters will resolve themselves one way or another if they just do nothing and let things unfold in their own time.

And LK

the use of the word bellcheese.
I am slightly unhinged - isn't that a prerequisite of being a Wanderers fan (especially lately)? - and I also offer unreserved endorsement of the insult 'bell cheeses'. :oyea:

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:02 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:My God.

Well, he needs the team to win, starting with a goal in the first five minutes having not put a foot wrong.

Considering at the last home game we gave away a pen in the first 10 minutes, and that Fulham scored a legitimate goal and a disallowed one and hit the post all within the first 10 minutes, I won't be holding my breath. Especially as the manager has publicly said that these players aren't good enough to avoid relegation. There's a Rubicon crossed right there.

The sad thing - sad as in sorrowful, not "lame" - is that there will be many people who want the best for BWFC who won't quite know how to react. Can the fans really get behind Freedman's team?
We're at home against Bournemouth. get behind the team!!!

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:09 pm

William the White wrote:

You're right, of course, Will.

I hope they'll be given support, but can't see it lasting beyond the first misplaced pass.

On the other hand, maybe this will be the game where it all falls into place because, you know what? Football's a funny old game. :wink:

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:10 pm

EverSoYouri wrote:
William the White wrote:

You're right, of course, Will.

I hope they'll be given support, but can't see it lasting beyond the first misplaced pass.

On the other hand, maybe this will be the game where it all falls into place because, you know what? Football's a funny old game. :wink:
It won't happen - both Gartside & Freedman will get absolute dogs abuse from start to finish....already protests before & during the game are being planned on the usual social media sites. I've no doubt that it will be in the hundreds not thousands but I would envisage there being a few more than usual but we'll have to wait and see, but the general mood of the majority of fans is vitriolic anger towards Gartside for not sacking him today.

IMO they deserve all they get - Gartside doesn't give a shit about the feelings of the long suffering fans, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he's laughing to himself now knowing that the fans will be irate.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:20 pm

Bit of a quandary, offered a free ticket by my Dad. Not sure what to do?
Pfffft.

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:26 pm

TKIZ! wrote:Bit of a quandary, offered a free ticket by my Dad. Not sure what to do?

Call social services.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:29 pm

EverSoYouri wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:Bit of a quandary, offered a free ticket by my Dad. Not sure what to do?

Call social services.
:lol: Bit too late on that front, Sir
Pfffft.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:30 pm

If 'The Wanderer' started a Kickstarter we could raise the money to get rid?
Pfffft.