PLYMOUTH'S stupendously all singing dancing transfer thread!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: PLYMOUTH'S stupendously all singing dancing transfer thr

Post by Prufrock » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:47 am

Well, he sounds like a thinker.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:53 am

Tyrone looks likely to run his contract down
Pfffft.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:37 am

TKIZ! wrote:Tyrone looks likely to run his contract down
I guess he'll think he's entitled to after the treatment he's had from Dougie. I do think I'd rather play than spend my Saturdays in the Trafford Centre but being since being set up to move to Millwall and deciding not to agree he's been shabbily treated.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:31 am

bobo the clown wrote:
I guess he'll think he's entitled to after the treatment he's had from Dougie. I do think I'd rather play than spend my Saturdays in the Trafford Centre but being since being set up to move to Millwall and deciding not to agree he's been shabbily treated.
Yes I'm no fan of his and suspect he's a bit of a dick, but he was under no obligation to go to Millwall, especially given his ethnicity and his teammate Sordell's experiences.

Dougie says he doesn't fit with his idea of what a fullback is but he played him plenty last season before his illness. So unless there's something we're not hearing, shabby is about right. I was hoping someone would want him for the rest of the season to free up space for any necessary Jan moves but it appears not. Has he played any reserve games? If not then he'll not be wanted in Jan either.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:09 am

I can't think of any other industry where you shell out MASSIVE contracts with huge wages and then have several of your employees not doing anything constructive for the industry at all.... can we not find other work for these football players to do around the club if we are not gonna use them for kicking a ball about?? at a club the size of ours there must be loads of jobs that need doing...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:09 am

bobo the clown wrote:
How so?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:13 am

Worthy4England wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
How so?
bobo's always had a bleeding heart for the workers! :wink:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:58 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
How so?
I suppose first & foremost I don't think he's as poor a player as he's painted.

We have struggled at full-back, brought in new (& better) players, who have become injured and struggled to find form. One is injured and we bring in another (& better) on loan.

All that's fair enough, but a decent, experienced full back isn't even on the bench, largely not getting reserve matches either, then (after the, apparently, compulsory "he works hard in training ... I have no problem with him" speech the manager then goes public to say "he's not what I call a full-back".

If that was about me, I'd be opening DF's door by the hinged side.

I just think that's a bit shabby. Maybe I'm going soft.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:04 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
How so?
I suppose first & foremost I don't think he's as poor a player as he's painted.

We have struggled at full-back, brought in new (& better) players, who have become injured and struggled to find form. One is injured and we bring in another (& better) on loan.

All that's fair enough, but a decent, experienced full back isn't even on the bench, largely not getting reserve matches either, then (after the, apparently, compulsory "he works hard in training ... I have no problem with him" speech the manager then goes public to say "he's not what I call a full-back".

If that was about me, I'd be opening DF's door by the hinged side.

I just think that's a bit shabby. Maybe I'm going soft.
I guess if there's someone you just aren't ever going to pick, then you might as well make it clear to them. Maybe not in the press, although that seems to be where the "shop window" lives these days. I'm fairly sure over the years there's been managers who didn't want me in their team, I'm certain there have been people I didn't want in mine. Difference between normal jobs and football, is in normal jobs you can look to ship folks any time you want to...

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:23 pm

^ Can you f#ck.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:43 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:^ Can you f#ck.
Maybe in Dubai on the construction sites. Try shipping a civil servant who you don't want or who is taking the piss.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:48 pm

.... and you a good trade unionist Worthy.

Well I never.

Tut-tut.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:47 pm

throwawayboltonian wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
Maybe in Dubai on the construction sites. Try shipping a civil servant who you don't want or who is taking the piss.
Hey! Some of us civil servants work our a$$es off! :P
I know. I sympathise. I cannot understand the f#cknuts who seem to think because you are a public sector worker you are some kind of disease.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:02 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
Hey! Some of us civil servants work our a$$es off! :P
I know. I sympathise. I cannot understand the f#cknuts who seem to think because you are a public sector worker you are some kind of disease.
I was mainly joking, but it's probably because of the minority who ruin the public sector reputation (see MPs expenses) and the Daily Mail (sorry if you read it! But it honestly lies so much about public sector work...)

Any sorry for getting slightly off topic guys!
I'm sure you do TAB, and as a teacher I'm certainly not having a dig at the public sector. The point was that you can't get rid of those letting the side down at all easily, which is what the last few messages are all about (I blame Tyrone Mears). I know this from a very hard-working friend at Bolton Council and my Mum who has worked hard in the NHS for years. You are right, there are people who let the side down and get away with it for years. Like you say you get those with an agenda implying that the entire public sector is like that.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:31 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
I'm sure you do TAB, and as a teacher I'm certainly not having a dig at the public sector. The point was that you can't get rid of those letting the side down at all easily, which is what the last few messages are all about (I blame Tyrone Mears). I know this from a very hard-working friend at Bolton Council and my Mum who has worked hard in the NHS for years. You are right, there are people who let the side down and get away with it for years. Like you say you get those with an agenda implying that the entire public sector is like that.
Haha cheers for the clarification but as mentioned I was joking! Your bit in bold is completely correct, and I'm beginning to wonder if that's why Eagles and possibly Ngog have been dropped. I don't think it's simply poor performances after he waxed lyrical about them both over summer. Mears is a weird case, I've never been a fan of his but getting McN in when we already had Mears was strange. Maybe DF and TM just don't get on? Not that I'm complaining about McN, I think he's been solid.

Maybe Freedman just doesn't rate Mears at all. After all he was a surplus addition to the Eagles deal and maybe that was a stipulation made by Burnley when we signed Eagles. Hard to imagine that being the case but its not as though Mears became Owen Coyles first choice when he came in.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:05 pm

Mar wrote:Maybe Freedman just doesn't rate Mears at all. After all he was a surplus addition to the Eagles deal and maybe that was a stipulation made by Burnley when we signed Eagles. Hard to imagine that being the case but its not as though Mears became Owen Coyle's first choice when he came in.
To be fair, Mar, he broke his foot before he so much as played a game & was out for months. If I recall correctly he then got another injury and later a long-term illness.

Hey, I'm not some great fan of his, I just think he's not really had any breaks (injury-wise apart) and his being ostracised is odd. Reading his boss tell the World he doesn't think he's a proper full back was disrespectful and something Freedman wouldn't tolerate the other way around.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:07 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Mar wrote:Maybe Freedman just doesn't rate Mears at all. After all he was a surplus addition to the Eagles deal and maybe that was a stipulation made by Burnley when we signed Eagles. Hard to imagine that being the case but its not as though Mears became Owen Coyle's first choice when he came in.
To be fair, Mar, he broke his foot before he so much as played a game & was out for months. If I recall correctly he then got another injury and later a long-term illness.

Hey, I'm not some great fan of his, I just think he's not really had any breaks (injury-wise apart) and his being ostracised is odd. Reading his boss tell the World he doesn't think he's a proper full back was disrespectful and something Freedman wouldn't tolerate the other way around.

aye - cos Freedman IS a proper full back! 8)

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:46 pm

It would be an easy mistake to make thebish. If I didn't know better and had to guess after watching our home games I'd say he'd been a goalkeeper.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:01 am

bobo the clown wrote:Reading his boss tell the World he doesn't think he's a proper full back.....
Freedman wrote:does not look like fitting in with my idea of a right-back
Not so damning is it? Doesn't say he wouldn't fit in perfectly with someone else's idea of a right back. Of course, that's accepting the report does justice to the actual conversation.

Anyhow, Tom Eaves, better to be warming our bench or banging them in for Shrewsbury?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:12 am

To be honest Enoch if my boss spoke to the World's media and said "bobo's not my idea of an HR man" I'd see that as pretty damning.

Eaves ? .... trouble is he wouldn't even be on our bench at the moment. Far better to be playing. I may be proven wrong but I can't see him ever making it with us.