What are we gonna do now?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

What are we gonna do now?

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:46 pm

Lots of squabbling about who is to blame , the coyle legacy or DF negativity,the reality is probably both,coyle left a mess and DF hasnt fixed it and may yet prove unable to. He' a negative bugger so 442 seems unlikely, almost as big a blindspot for DF as anything other than 442 was for coyle. You can see the theory behind being compact and defending deep with a pacy striker but it doesnt work and it aint pretty.Ngog and B eckford dont look able to play their way out of their bad spells and may need to be coming off the bench so what sort of side should we be putting out.I know jack shit but it's always a laugh to play fantasy managers so here are some ideas.

Firstly keep the core of the team settled home and away.Play 442 at home and take the game to the opposition otherwise the reebok will soon be empty and by all means adopt a more negative approach away from home.Drill the players on the two adopted systems and stick with them except when form or injuries dictate otherwise. Constantly shuffling a poor team wont build coheion or confidence it only breeds fear of failure.

So for me,at home I'd love to see omething like this....

...........................Lonerghan
McNaughton..Mills...Ream....Baptiste
..........Spearing...Medo
Hall....................................Feeney
..........Eaves......C Davies

and away, same back 7 but
....Pratley...............Danns
............Eagles
................C davies

The principle away being to keep it narrow and use players who will work and defend but with the chance of Pratley , Danns, eagles linking with the frontman and getting a shot off. Playing Beckford alone up top focusses the team around creating one on ones for him and he's not putting them away,playing Ngog ditto and evern his previously good hold up play seems to have gone . If either come back into form from the bench great but at present we have only one(currently unfit) striker who seems likely to score.

At home if you want to play 442 you need forwards willing and able to attack a cross and wingers able to pass a player and get a cross in.You could swap eagles in for feeney though eagles is more likely to cut in and have a go than try to hit the byline.
It does feel like its time to drop the non performers and let them earn a place. Ngog, Beckford, CYL and to a lesser extent eagles arent currently doing enough to warrant a place in the starting 11 and persisting with them in the hope they will come good isnt working. If anything it may make them decline further and even more anxious.

Course I know the real solution is for me to stop posting and take less interest as the wanderers always do far better the less closely I follow them!

Just my opinions obviously but what would others like to see DF do? There's not much point just saying everyones crap or throw in the youth or it's all dfs fault or coyles. It's easy to be reactionary without making any suggestions of value and it's also very dull