Three in a row? Pozzotively. No sting in this tale!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

RobbieSavagesLeg
Promising
Promising

Re: Three in a row? Pozzotively. No sting in this tale!

Post by RobbieSavagesLeg » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:29 pm

Why can't we all just get along?
I'd rather support Bolton than be you.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:54 pm

ChrisC wrote:Most on here don't have a problem with negativity. When it is never backed up with a flip of the coin when things are going good, then people start to tire and turn on certain posters (BL3 being the best example)

Certain negative posters say they wished to be proved wrong etc and would love nothing more bla de bla de bla... Yet when we win we barely get a line out of them. When we are losing we get feckin essay after essay on how shit we are and why it is all Dougie's fault.
Maybe some folk arent so much glass half empty as lost a pint.Seems a bit strange to me that they appear to get angsty or disappear when the team does well. I guess some people think they have to choose a position and continue to cling onto that stance regardless like it's somehow important for some mad reason.Looks a bit silly at times.

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:48 pm

RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:Why can't we all just get along?
Forum friends :oyea:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:52 am

:cry:
89bwfc89 wrote:
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:Why can't we all just get along?
Forum friends :oyea:
You're odd T. Has anyone ever told you that ??

8)
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:15 am

Negativity to me is if someone was coming on here and saying the manager / the team are shit and offered no solution or alternative. Not sure I see that in SFs comments. The only constant would be that he's unconvinced by Dougie. To be fair, it should take more than a few games or results to change that kind of opinion, otherwise it really we really are operating at the high end of fickleness.

Remember Bob Paisley once commenting on his all conquering Liverpool team, being full of whingers and moaners - never being satisfied being a key part of wanting to be and do better.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:00 am

StaffsTrotter wrote:Negativity to me is if someone was coming on here and saying the manager / the team are shit and offered no solution or alternative. Not sure I see that in SFs comments. The only constant would be that he's unconvinced by Dougie. To be fair, it should take more than a few games or results to change that kind of opinion, otherwise it really we really are operating at the high end of fickleness.

Remember Bob Paisley once commenting on his all conquering Liverpool team, being full of whingers and moaners - never being satisfied being a key part of wanting to be and do better.
People don't have to come on and kiss Dougie's feet or even acknowledge him at all. It would be nice for some "fans" to actually show that they are happy when we hit good form or is an 8 game unbeaten run not good enough for a fan to crack a smile?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:38 am

The problem is that clubs started treating fans like customers and started selling a product. Hardly surprising people are starting to act like consumers now. The Premiership bubble will burst with an almighty bang once the consumers have fully replaced fans and they get fed up of the poor entertainment/facilities/value for money etc. Notice how half the talk is about money these days. I don't remember fans talking about money much in older times. Maybe a transfer fee here and there. We talked about football, about the game. Now we moan about football and talk about money. Football was always grey, to be discussed. Now it is black and white, you're for a manager/player or you're against.

I've waffled off on a bit of a tangent, but what I'm saying is the game I remember doesn't exist any more and the people that watch it have largely changed. The negativity and binary positions are a product of this.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:07 am

StaffsTrotter wrote:Negativity to me is if someone was coming on here and saying the manager / the team are shit and offered no solution or alternative. Not sure I see that in SFs comments. The only constant would be that he's unconvinced by Dougie. To be fair, it should take more than a few games or results to change that kind of opinion, otherwise it really we really are operating at the high end of fickleness.

The problem with him is he comes on, yaps with some air of authority how the manager is doing it all wrong and how it would be better another way

Thats all so easy cos the other way will never be tested

Coming on a football forum as some sort of tactical guru is bound to get folk thinking 'what a cock'

When the ramblings are backed up with 'Coyles a better manager than Freedman' based on winning a few games in jumpers for goalposts football, don't be surprised if I think he's just a bit simple/winding folk up
Sto ut Serviam

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:59 am

CAPSLOCK wrote:

The problem with him is he comes on, yaps with some air of authority how the manager is doing it all wrong and how it would be better another way

Thats all so easy cos the other way will never be tested

Coming on a football forum as some sort of tactical guru is bound to get folk thinking 'what a cock'

When the ramblings are backed up with 'Coyles a better manager than Freedman' based on winning a few games in jumpers for goalposts football, don't be surprised if I think he's just a bit simple/winding folk up
so is the charge one of being a 'know it all' - thats not the same as being overly negative. Seems like the manager allegiance issue is an underlying sore. At the end of the day we're on a forum - what will say one way or t'other will never be tested (unless Dougie and the team take their guide and inspiration from this forum out before making any decisions :D )

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:15 am

At least SF actually engages people in a courteous manner, unlike BL3 who snipes at other (positive) people, then arrogantly refuses to engage in debate when asked a simple question, as if he's above it all. Then there's the disappearing act during any sort of upturn in results.
If SF doesn't like Freedman or his style of football that's fair comment, not convinced myself. Twisting positives into negatives to force the point down everyone's throats is clearly a step too far.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:22 am

Anyway, forums (fora?) don't work without people who exaggerate stuff to provoke a reaction
Sto ut Serviam

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:52 am

Especially when people make bizarre claims about results being of secondary importance to a football club.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:45 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Especially when people make bizarre claims about results being of secondary importance to a football club.
So, results are always the most important thing?

I'll bet there's a few Portsmouth fans who see it differently

But now we're veering off into financial matters and we all know you're not the brightest in that field, don't we

<snigger>
Sto ut Serviam

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:47 pm

I think its you who's doing the veering. Me, I'm still focused on results. Perhaps Portsmouth fans missed the-not-winning-enough-football-matches bit too?

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:52 pm

I'm also focussed on results as is our manager

Unfortunately, he's still cleaning up the mess left behind by the wiganwanker

But if you want to claim that short term results are of primary importance, carry on
Sto ut Serviam

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:08 pm

:lol:

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:58 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:I'm also focussed on results as is our manager

Unfortunately, he's still cleaning up the mess left behind by the wiganwanker

But if you want to claim that short term results are of primary importance, carry on
I used to think BWFCi was Dougie in disguise, (whatever happened to bwfci?)

Safe to say Caps that you have taken that on - and taken it to a whole new pugnacious level on non believers :box:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:17 pm

CAPS can just see the perfectly obvious - that Dougie is a HUGE improvement on what we've had for the last few sorry years - and is thus prepared to accept some short-term turmoil because there is now something worth putting a bit of faith in.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:37 pm

How is it perfectly obvious?

Lets be clear, I hear very different stories emanating from the Reebok.

bedwetter2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bedwetter2 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:12 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:How is it perfectly obvious?

Lets be clear, I hear very different stories emanating from the Reebok.
Come on then. Spill the beans.