Beckford

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Beckford

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:42 pm

Shall we call the jury back in?

Who were the clowns writing him off after a couple of games?

'The signing that will get Freedman sacked'

Deary me
Sto ut Serviam

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Re: Beckford

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:59 pm

Pleased to say I never doubted him. Even if I did keep referring to him as Darren for the 1st couple of weeks he was here
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:12 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Pleased to say I never doubted him. Even if I did keep referring to him as Darren for the 1st couple of weeks he was here
Harry Genshaw wrote:Not hard to see why Leicester fans are laughing at us looking at Beckfords body language and his one on one efforts
Well maybe just a little bit Harry!!

:)

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:16 pm

Do we have an inner glow this evening, Enoch?
Sto ut Serviam

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:23 pm

The smug mockery would hold more weight if we still weren't only 15th despite not losing in 8 and winning three on the bounce.
Cos that worst start in 100 years can never ever be wiped from the history books.

#dougiecool
Businesswoman of the year.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:25 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:Do we have an inner glow this evening, Enoch?
I get your drift CAPSLOCK, but there's a long way to go before any history is made. Nice though it undoubtedly is to see a run of results on the board.

On the way home, I was thinking how this game has a way of making us all look silly at times. This came to mind:
Fox and Crop wrote:Hi guys - Foxes fan here.

Lots of banter among the Leicester faithful on how we need to add Dougie Freedman on our Xmas card list. Always liked Bolton due to a family connection, but fear for you this season with Mills, Beckford and now Danns around.

For us, those three are among the worst players to have regularly played in the first XI for us over the past few years - in the case of Mills and Beckford it's not a lack of skill but a lack of commitment, while with Danns the opposite is true. All three had a reputation of upsetting the apple cart in the dressing room too. No starting spot and the whingeing would commence.

Frankly, not sure what Dougie is thinking (I know he didn't sign Mills, but the other two...), but delighted that we've offloaded the lot of them. Hopefully the Danns move can be made permanent. With the signing of Dean Hammond there is not a hope in hell Danns will ever play for us again.

Anyway - good luck for the rest of the season. You'll going to need it with those three around.
'It's a funny old game Saint!'
Last edited by Enoch on Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:29 pm

Enoch wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:Pleased to say I never doubted him. Even if I did keep referring to him as Darren for the 1st couple of weeks he was here
Harry Genshaw wrote:Not hard to see why Leicester fans are laughing at us looking at Beckfords body language and his one on one efforts

:oops: I'm shocked! I thought I'd spent all my time on here defending him from the likes of Wigan White who kept saying he was lazy. In my defence that must have been really early on :P
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:32 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:The smug mockery would hold more weight if we still weren't only 15th despite not losing in 8 and winning three on the bounce.
Cos that worst start in 100 years can never ever be wiped from the history books.

#dougiecool
the worst start in history was definitely the coyle season [that] we went down.

coz we never ever really got out of that.

this seasons start wasnt even worse than coyle's 11 games last year

cept this season start was miles more difficult fixture wise.
Last edited by a1 on Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:32 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:The smug mockery would hold more weight if we still weren't only 15th despite not losing in 8 and winning three on the bounce.

#dougiecool
Positions and points are irrelevant to this thread

Highlighting how fcuking ridiculous it is to be taking a view on an experienced player 3 games in seems perfectly reasonable

As does thinking some people are utter cocks for attempting to twist a post reminding folk that it took Anelka 8 games to score his first into meaning Beckford is as good as Anelka

Anyway, I'm sure you wouldn't have been one of those utter cocks
Sto ut Serviam

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:34 pm

I wasn't.
So everything's ok then.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:37 pm

Until I start on the Freedman out merchants...
Sto ut Serviam

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:38 pm

Again, not me.

Keep trying. :)

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:52 pm

wonder what that fat'un @ brighton swearing at douglas and the team bus thinks now.

apart from cake and chips twice , natch.

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:56 pm

a1 wrote:wonder what that fat'un @ brighton swearing at douglas and the team bus thinks now.

apart from cake and chips twice , natch.
Hahaha! Might've been BL3, that's why he's nowhere to be seen.

I'm slightly worried that I now pretty much understand your posts :P

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:18 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Enoch wrote:

:oops: I'm shocked! I thought I'd spent all my time on here defending him from the likes of Wigan White who kept saying he was lazy. In my defence that must have been really early on :P
Too be fair, If Irc it was just after the Blackpool away game and he was utterly lazy or maybe the correct phrase would have been "couldn't be arsed". But in Beckfords defence he's now moving better and becoming more effective in the loan striker role. I still think he needs to change how he shields the ball from defenders with his back to goal as he's too easy to knock off the ball, but as a goalscorer he's now looking the part.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:23 pm

*something about douglas's post match interviews not making sense*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hLQpsLRJx0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:31 pm

He gets the ball, he scores again.
Jer-maine Beckford
Bolton's number 10
Pfffft.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:41 pm

TKIZ! wrote:He gets the ball, he scores again.
Jer-maine Beckford
Bolton's number 10
You might need to work on that one a bit, TKIZ. :wink:

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:15 pm

wigan white wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Enoch wrote:

Too be fair, If Irc it was just after the Blackpool away game and he was utterly lazy or maybe the correct phrase would have been "couldn't be arsed". But in Beckfords defence he's now moving better and becoming more effective in the loan striker role. I still think he needs to change how he shields the ball from defenders with his back to goal as he's too easy to knock off the ball, but as a goalscorer he's now looking the part.
He was very good at Blackpool

Just saying
Sto ut Serviam

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:22 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
wigan white wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Enoch wrote:

He was very good at Blackpool

Just saying
Each to their own, but I thought his movement and (on occasion) lack of was shocking. In that game he seemed almost to purposely move away from the ball then moan that it didnt go to him. And the icing on the cake was in the 2nd half when the ball was played into the centre circle for him and because it was a whole 5yds away instead of being at his feet he just stated at the ball without moving then started moaning at medo when in all this time he could have tiptoed to the ball before a defender got anywhere near it. Apart from that he does seem to be improving :D