Bonny Donny Belles to get a good humping

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Bonny Donny Belles to get a good humping

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:01 am

ChrisC wrote:
Mar wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:Oh, by the way, did anyone see any offence which led to Mills headed 'goal' being disallowed ?
Apparently it was a 'push' in the lead up to him heading the ball
It was a shocking decision to be honest. Darren Pratley does impede the defender by pushing him away from the direction of the ball but its so far removed from the actual location of the goal scorer that the defender would never have reached it had he tried. The defender doesn't even run toward the spot where Mills heads the ball in but runs towards the far post.

You could say the referee was right because there was pushing in the box but that happens on every corner but no foul is given most times.

Poor refereeing in that instance.
hmmmm I didn't think the Pratley claim was a pengy. Think it's on the highlights.

The ref was shocking all game. Couldn't believe Pratley didn't get a penalty first half when he was pretty much close lined flat on his back. Nearly every decision went for Donny when the ref got chance.

Refs are horrid in this league.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:35 am

Worthy4England wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
Mar wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:Oh, by the way, did anyone see any offence which led to Mills headed 'goal' being disallowed ?
Apparently it was a 'push' in the lead up to him heading the ball
It was a shocking decision to be honest. Darren Pratley does impede the defender by pushing him away from the direction of the ball but its so far removed from the actual location of the goal scorer that the defender would never have reached it had he tried. The defender doesn't even run toward the spot where Mills heads the ball in but runs towards the far post.

You could say the referee was right because there was pushing in the box but that happens on every corner but no foul is given most times.

Poor refereeing in that instance.
hmmmm I didn't think the Pratley claim was a pengy. Think it's on the highlights.

The ref was shocking all game. Couldn't believe Pratley didn't get a penalty first half when he was pretty much close lined flat on his back. Nearly every decision went for Donny when the ref got chance.

Refs are horrid in this league.

Not seen the highlights, just going off being there. Will have a look at the hightlights :D

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:41 am

Just watched them now.. Nailed on for me. He headed it past the man and was floored to stop him getting past.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:42 am

ChrisC wrote:Just watched them now.. Nailed on for me. He headed it past the man and was floored to stop him getting past.
Fairy nuff.

I'd have been gutted had it gone the other way.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:02 am

Sounds like a good game, nice to see that we won well for once with some good attacking play. I of course missed it, away for the weekend. Shame really, especially after enduring Tuesday.
Long may it continue, hope there will be many more such displays for the rest of the season.

Norpig
Promising
Promising

Post by Norpig » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:05 am

After speaking with a couple of Rovers fans in the pub, I was expecting a win (it may have been beer optimism). They informed me that Doncaster had a number of players out through injury especially in Defence and Midfield. They are also very poor on the road this season getting most of their points from home wins.

Having said all that, I was glad to see only 1 defensive midfielder and an actual player in Moritz who enjoys being on the ball and can pass to a player in the same coloured shirt!! Spearing must have something wrong with his eyesight the amount of time he passed it to the opposition (I thought he had his worst game in a Bolton shirt). Overall more attacking threat, we could have scored a lot more if it wasn't for some outstanding saves from their keeper.

I will be interesting to see if this attacking style lasts for the next few games, onwards and upwards!!

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:35 pm

Good to see us playing attacking football and hopefully we stick with it. Our midfield could be Medo, Spearing, Chungy, Moritz and Eagles, with Danns, Davies, Pratley and Hall to replace them, so it's obviously a quality midfield for this league and I think that sort of midfield is suited to playing good, attacking football. There's no point in having good attacking players if you're asking them to play defensively, so hopefully we play to our strengths over the rest of the season.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:52 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:Good to see us playing attacking football and hopefully we stick with it. Our midfield could be Medo, Spearing, Chungy, Moritz and Eagles, with Danns, Davies, Pratley and Hall to replace them, so it's obviously a quality midfield for this league and I think that sort of midfield is suited to playing good, attacking football. There's no point in having good attacking players if you're asking them to play defensively, so hopefully we play to our strengths over the rest of the season.
Ab-so-bloody-lutely.

Exactly this.

... & Dougie's not negative, so it's a piece of piss really.

Unless we wait till Holden's fit again.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:13 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:Good to see us playing attacking football and hopefully we stick with it. Our midfield could be Medo, Spearing, Chungy, Moritz and Eagles, with Danns, Davies, Pratley and Hall to replace them, so it's obviously a quality midfield for this league and I think that sort of midfield is suited to playing good, attacking football. There's no point in having good attacking players if you're asking them to play defensively, so hopefully we play to our strengths over the rest of the season.
Exactly. But the million dollar question's right there. Has the penny finally dropped with Douglas? The next few games will tell. Let's hope so.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:57 am

Bang on.

Let's give the opposition something to think about rather than sitting back for ninety minutes!

To the regiment!!
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:44 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Exactly. But the million dollar question's right there. Has the penny finally dropped with Douglas? The next few games will tell. Let's hope so.
Yeah, I hope so too. I would be surprised if we did play an attacking game against Wigan, even though I think their defence is looking pretty weak, but hopefully I'm wrong with that.

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:20 pm

Just to clarify.

No one wants Dougie to succeed more than me. I'd love for him to prove me wrong and become the next great Bolton manager I just worry about his 'pragmatic' view sometimes.

I don't think he's as bad a manager as Coyle or as bad a person as Duffson but he has a qualities that both these two nuggets displayed in bucket loads.

Obviously we get carried away and think we should be doing better than we are. Did we really 'punch above our weight' like the press kept telling us all those years ago? Are we really only a decent Div 2 side with the odd good run once every 10 years or so, are we better are we worse?

I think we were ruined a bit under Good Times BSA - looking back it's hard not to think that you may have dreamt some of it but that sort of football is addictive and we want more.

As an outsider perhaps Doug has a more realistic view of what our club can achieve but what's the point of sport if it's not to improve and try and reach for the stars?

We did have to shore up the defence but we had to do that last year. We did have to turn defeats in to draws but we had to do that last year. And we now have to go on an amazing run to get into the top 6 which....

To me it seems like he's more interested in proving himself and his ideology right.

What the frick Lennie Lawrence does I'll never know.

Please prove me wrong Dougie.

A good FA Cup wouldn't hurt either.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey