The Debt.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Debt.

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:50 pm

Can you imagine a more unholy alliance than estate agents and fracking executives? Sends a shiver down the spine.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Relentless09
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Relentless09 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:24 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Can you imagine a more unholy alliance than estate agents and fracking executives? Sends a shiver down the spine.
An environmentalists worst nightmare.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:52 pm

Do BWFC own the land either side of the training ground?

Looking at the plot, you could build around 65 reasonably sized houses on that land. You would have to charge over £750,000 per house plot to get up to £50m. Considering the plot backs onto the railway line, across which is a particular ugly industrial building and is further sandwiched between a go-cart track/golfing range and an office building, I doubt you could sell that plot for £10m.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:11 pm

Not forgetting'the landfill site that stinks about a half mile away!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:29 pm

There is no way on this earth a plot for 75 homes (5/6 acres?) is worth £50 mil! Try dividing by ten...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:16 pm

officer_dibble wrote:There is no way on this earth a plot for 75 homes (5/6 acres?) is worth £50 mil! Try dividing by ten...
7.5 homes?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:26 pm

thebish wrote:has anyone checked if there is gold underground before we sell it? might be worth a look...
Unfortunately the mineral rights for gold in the UK reside solely with the crown. I'm afraid if gold is found under Euxton the Queen will have it away.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

n035209
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by n035209 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:22 pm

this may have been said before but why do we not chant Eddie Davies name, hes the one keeping this club alive. he deserves a chant or two. granted we rarely sing at home anyway?

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:32 pm

n035209 wrote:this may have been said before but why do we not chant Eddie Davies name, hes the one keeping this club alive. he deserves a chant or two. granted we rarely sing at home anyway?
that is a great idea

one of those planes flying over with a trail message would really get it home

Izual_Rebirth
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Izual_Rebirth » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:09 pm

Why are people burying their head in the sands over this?

If our losses are more than double our income then we're on track for administration. £163 at the moment... £200+ next year... £250+ the year after that... when will it stop? Face it... we're f***ed.

It probably costs more to service those debts than our turnover. Might as well go into administration now and get it over with rather than suffer the sort of slow painful death Portsmouth went through.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:13 pm

Izual_Rebirth wrote:Why are people burying their head in the sands over this?

If our losses are more than double our income then we're on track for administration. £163 at the moment... £200+ next year... £250+ the year after that... when will it stop? Face it... we're f***ed.

It probably costs more to service those debts than our turnover. Might as well go into administration now and get it over with rather than suffer the sort of slow painful death Portsmouth went through.
Well, you see there isn't much I can't do to help. I certainley don't have a spare £163m lying around and I don't think a quick whip round on here would raise that much.

Izual_Rebirth
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Izual_Rebirth » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:20 pm

Best case scenario is if we go into administration today we could be out by the beginning of next season.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:23 pm

do you still get a 10 point deduction, or has it been increased?

That would put us in the relegation places.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:29 pm

jaffka wrote:

Well, you see there isn't much I can't do to help. I certainley don't have a spare £163m lying around and I don't think a quick whip round on here would raise that much.
Are you going to appoint an administrator tomorrow or shall I? :mrgreen:

Izual_Rebirth
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Izual_Rebirth » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:30 pm

jaffka wrote:do you still get a 10 point deduction, or has it been increased?

Yes it would. But if we sell all our players at the end of the season then we're probably going to get relegated anyway. Like I said earlier... might as well go out now and get back on our feet quickly rather than go through a slow painful death somehow fooling ourselves everything will be ok.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:30 pm

I've got several unused bus returns and an Oyster card with £8.50 on it.

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:35 pm

We like the slow painful stuff! Thats why Dougie and phil are still here! Hadn't you noticed?.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:37 pm

Izual_Rebirth wrote:

Yes it would. But if we sell all our players at the end of the season then we're probably going to get relegated anyway. Like I said earlier... might as well go out now and get back on our feet quickly rather than go through a slow painful death somehow fooling ourselves everything will be ok.
You are right.

Phil Gartside and Eddie Davies are on this board, I imagine that when they come on later they will consider what you have posted.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:42 pm

Izual_Rebirth wrote:

Well, we won't be selling that many as a good number have contracts ending.

Plus, a business can't just declare itself insolvent for fun. It actually has to be insolvent. THEN they are liable to sell off assets before simply folding. That'd be the hotel, the ground, the training ground, any Middlebrook assets, players with a value.

Only then can they say we've done what we can and say they are bankrupt. At that point we go into Administration and lose 10 points to boot.

However bad things are we're a little way from that and it isn't the easy solution people think.

Anyway, I still have jakerbeef's £1.73 burning a hole in my pocket after it turned out he wasn't dead.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Relentless09
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Relentless09 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:56 pm

Going into administration is a horrific idea, why would we sell assets like the stadium, training ground etc ? Many clubs wish they had assets like ours.