The Debt.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Debt.

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:03 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/109 ... d_company/

Perhaps someone with more knowledge of company structure and the implications of this would like to comment?
Well, it'll help with the old smoke and mirrors when it comes to FFP as we won't have to make our income streams public knowledge. I don't know how significant a part this might play in this.
May the bridges I burn light your way

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:05 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:

Perhaps someone with more knowledge of company structure and the implications of this would like to comment?
Well, it'll help with the old smoke and mirrors when it comes to FFP as we won't have to make our income streams public knowledge. I don't know how significant a part this might play in this.
Limited company accounts don't have to have as much detail on them as opposed to plc accounts.

Are plc accounts automatically in the public domain where as ltd accounts can be accessed but an application is made to see them?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:08 am

jaffka wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Limited company accounts don't have to have as much detail on them as opposed to plc accounts.

Are plc accounts automatically in the public domain where as ltd accounts can be accessed but an application is made to see them?
Yes ... albeit for a (small) fee and with somewhat less detail.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:09 am

bobo the clown wrote:
jaffka wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Looks like education did teach me something then :D

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:09 am

jaffka wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

That's basically my understanding of it, Jaffka, yes, and they contain less information.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:37 am

It says all that in the article!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:05 pm

Well this move to a limited company looks like the final kick in the teeth for those of us idiots who bought shares to"save the club from going under".Thankfully I only had a couple of hundred pounds worth, that became almost worthless a few years ago when ED bought the club and the shares were devalued to I think 0.01p. I remember one guy at the meeting who had bought a couple of thousand pounds worth who, to put it mildly, wasn't too happy.
I hate to think how much of my money the club has had over the last 55 years with shares, season tickets, merchandise, away trips, cost of a pie and a cup of coffee at the Reebok etc etc if I added it all up I don't think my ticker would take it. Yes there have been great times but I'm beginning to think that watching paint dry would be cheaper and probably more entertaining than what we went to get these days.
I'll be at the AGM tomorrow, it should be interesting if not a little depressing!!
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:13 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
jaffka wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Or you can access a website like I can through work and look at any accounts filed at Companies House 8) I can't see that it would have much an effect as although it might currently be a plc it isn't listed. There might be slightly less disclosure requirements, and might make the auditors lives a little easier!

Norpig
Promising
Promising

Post by Norpig » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:19 pm

There has been talk of looking for investment from time to time over the last few years, maybe this is a way of making it easier to invest or buy the business. No expert so I am not sure if this makes any difference?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:33 pm

Mmmmm now if anyone else was doing this we would assume they were upto something dodgy....... :mrgreen:
Anything that damages the FFP is fair play by me football should look at wages and agents fees first and foremost IMHO

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:44 pm

Riviman wrote:Well this move to a limited company looks like the final kick in the teeth for those of us idiots who bought shares to"save the club from going under".Thankfully I only had a couple of hundred pounds worth, that became almost worthless a few years ago when ED bought the club and the shares were devalued to I think 0.01p. I remember one guy at the meeting who had bought a couple of thousand pounds worth who, to put it mildly, wasn't too happy.
I hate to think how much of my money the club has had over the last 55 years with shares, season tickets, merchandise, away trips, cost of a pie and a cup of coffee at the Reebok etc etc if I added it all up I don't think my ticker would take it. Yes there have been great times but I'm beginning to think that watching paint dry would be cheaper and probably more entertaining than what we went to get these days.
I'll be at the AGM tomorrow, it should be interesting if not a little depressing!!
How much are your shares worth on a company with such a large (and rising) debt anyhow?

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:15 pm

The shares are virtually worthless particularly after the devaluation that occured a few years ago. Can't remember what price I bought them at, I did it to help the club at the time not to make a profit, very very few shares in football make any sort of dividend.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:35 pm

Seems to me with the current ownership structure of one man in total control that we are only a PLC in name and technicality anyway?
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:59 pm

Athers wrote:Seems to me with the current ownership structure of one man in total control that we are only a PLC in name and technicality anyway?
Too true, seems we're voting tomorrow on the Ltd change and seeing as Eddie owns 94% of the club it's obviously something he wants and is a foregone conclusion.

midlands exile
Promising
Promising

Post by midlands exile » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:05 pm

Riviman wrote:
Athers wrote:Seems to me with the current ownership structure of one man in total control that we are only a PLC in name and technicality anyway?
Too true, seems we're voting tomorrow on the Ltd change and seeing as Eddie owns 94% of the club it's obviously something he wants and is a foregone conclusion.
I seem to remember it being a similar foregone conclusion when Eddie Davis "offered" the initial loan ("give me the club or I'll let the banks call the debt in") and all the shareholders' value was wiped out - including my dad's money that he'd also put in during the dark days of the 80s.

Someone in a previous post alluded to another potential investor(s) that was in the frame at the time, but they were ruled out by PG - wasn't aware of this at the time, anyone know who they were?

Izual_Rebirth
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Izual_Rebirth » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:19 pm

I hate to say I told you so but... something is going on and it's not good. Seeing as we've just lost 50M+ over the last 12 months and now this?

Like I said people... a slow painful death awaits. The first nail in the coffin is when the owners try to hide things from the fans and communication breaks down. Moving to the LTD company means they don't have to be as transparent as they were before. Why? Because they want to hide how bad the clubs finances are in.

Izual_Rebirth
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Izual_Rebirth » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:20 pm

midlands exile wrote:
Riviman wrote:
I seem to remember it being a similar foregone conclusion when Eddie Davis "offered" the initial loan ("give me the club or I'll let the banks call the debt in") and all the shareholders' value was wiped out - including my dad's money that he'd also put in during the dark days of the 80s.

Someone in a previous post alluded to another potential investor(s) that was in the frame at the time, but they were ruled out by PG - wasn't aware of this at the time, anyone know who they were?
You can bet any investors will be a lot less lenient on the debt than the current owner is.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:25 pm

Yes, well done you are correct.

Are you going to join in any other topics or just f**k off?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:29 pm

Izual_Rebirth wrote:I hate to say I told you so but... something is going on and it's not good. Seeing as we've just lost 50M+ over the last 12 months and now this?

Like I said people... a slow painful death awaits. The first nail in the coffin is when the owners try to hide things from the fans and communication breaks down. Moving to the LTD company means they don't have to be as transparent as they were before. Why? Because they want to hide how bad the clubs finances are in.
I ask this question of the more knowledgeable on the forum as much as anyone, but surely a move to a LTD company would mean more transparency, not less?

I'm not necessarily gainsaying the idea that this could be a cause for concern, by the way, just seeking clarification.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Izual_Rebirth
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Izual_Rebirth » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:30 pm

jaffka wrote:Yes, well done you are correct.

Are you going to join in any other topics or just f**k off?
Can we keep this constructive please.