The Debt.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Debt.

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:24 pm

Izual_Rebirth wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Izual_Rebirth wrote:Any more news?
No need to be childish...
I agree. Except that I'd say it's you who's this board's equivalent of a child repeatedly squealing "Are we there yet?".

Izual_Rebirth
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Izual_Rebirth » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:36 pm

Well if you think we're getting out of this without going into administration I feel sorry for you.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:19 pm

Izual_Rebirth wrote:Well if you think we're getting out of this without going into administration I feel sorry for you.
Do you only get limited access to a PC or something ?

I really don't get what you don't get. I can't be arsed going through it all again. Read back .... oh .... & then fck off.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:24 pm

Clearly a troll, who is failing badly.

Best to ignore, he will f*ck off, of his own accord then.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:24 pm

jaffka wrote:Clearly a troll, who is failing badly.

Best to ignore, he will f*ck off, of his own accord then.
I'm not so sure, I think he's managed to put some sore of recurring reminder in his calendar.

It's probably entitled something like "Ask really dumb question on The Wanderer"...I 'spect there's some sort of XBOX "Achievement" to get, if you ask the same dumb question every week for 135 consecutive weeks.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:48 am

Izual_Rebirth wrote:Well if you think we're getting out of this without going into administration I feel sorry for you.
Cheers - I'm considering outsourcing most of my negative emotions. I might ask Bobo to feel indignation for me, thebish to feel argumentative on my behalf and Dan to feel utterly mystified so I don't have to.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:22 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Cheers - I'm considering outsourcing most of my negative emotions. I might ask Bobo to feel indignation for me, thebish to feel argumentative on my behalf and Dan to feel utterly mystified so I don't have to.

Ooh! Ooh!

Can I have utter fecking frustration? :evil:

It's been one of those days. May as well have yours too.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:26 pm

A mate of mine is managing a contract with the club on the new academy.. This is how it will look and clearly where a lot of our money is being invested. He diverted me to this...

http://www.abacus-cm.com/projects/sport ... mp-ATF.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:05 pm

boltonboris wrote:A mate of mine is managing a contract with the club on the new academy.. This is how it will look and clearly where a lot of our money is being invested. He diverted me to this...

http://www.abacus-cm.com/projects/sport ... mp-ATF.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Make sure he gets his invoices in and paid regularly .... he says, indignantly !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:30 pm

boltonboris wrote:A mate of mine is managing a contract with the club on the new academy.. This is how it will look and clearly where a lot of our money is being invested. He diverted me to this...

What a feckin waste! A third tier club with that setup? We've got a bunch of pricks that end up nobodies now, why encourage it?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:26 am

Because it'd be the best way to improve our academy to the point where it possibly helps the whole club run properly??
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:52 am

boltonboris wrote:Because it'd be the best way to improve our academy to the point where it possibly helps the whole club run properly??
They have still not proved the big bang theory yet and judging what they've based on that there will be the biggest screw up of all time if they don't.

With Gartside here, we'd be better off funding the local under 14's leagues!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:54 am

That seems like one hell of a facility though. It's not the thing of a club going into administration.

Now I'm confused.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:14 am

boltonboris wrote:Because it'd be the best way to improve our academy to the point where it possibly helps the whole club run properly??
Great facilities helps. One might say are crucial. But I'd argue having the right people running it and scouting and coaching are probably most critical. I mean good facilities will help attract those people, but you still need to do it.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:26 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Great facilities helps. One might say are crucial. But I'd argue having the right people running it and scouting and coaching are probably most critical. I mean good facilities will help attract those people, but you still need to do it.
THE LIGHT

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:33 am

Hoboh wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
THE LIGHT
You do realise that I'm talking about the academy here don't you?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:40 am

So you don't think the right people running it and scoring and coaching are critical to the first team too :D?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:41 am

bobo the clown wrote:That seems like one hell of a facility though. It's not the thing of a club going into administration.

Now I'm confused.
Not as confused as Izual Rebirth is!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:50 am

Prufrock wrote:So you don't think the right people running it and scoring and coaching are critical to the first team too :D?
Well yes, but they're different beasts.

We can't judge the academy very easily. But I'd question how much investment has it had, over what period, and what has it produced in return, and who has been running it/coaching within it over that period?

My point was that having a great facility is brilliant, but it doesn't produce the players by itself....

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:14 am

The last time one of our youth really, really came through was when/who ?

I can see some middling 'successes' but ... unless my memory has gone Nolan (who we got after he was rejected at L'pool) & then maybe McAteer & Stubbs ?

We cannot possibly compete in the market for the top talent even if we were back in the Prem. so this at least allows us to attract youngsters many of whom will be picked up by Premiership giants but later let go and maybe we'll be the best option and some who will feel better in a pond from which they can imagine succeeding. We just have to make it work.