The Debt.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Debt.

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:07 pm

You're welcome 8)
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:43 am

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... ebt-levels" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

Gartside's latest comments on our "not really a debt", didn't know that Dougie was also a business man !!
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

Izual_Rebirth
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Izual_Rebirth » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:42 pm

Bit of an old article but apparently Davies has had enough and wants to sell...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... tside.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Can't say I'm too happy about this. Who the hell is going to want to take on 160 million quid worth of debt? Worse case scenario is they do a United and mortgage off the ground etc and even then it's probably not even touching a fraction of it...

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:02 pm

Izual_Rebirth wrote:Bit of an old article but apparently Davies has had enough and wants to sell...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... tside.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Can't say I'm too happy about this. Who the hell is going to want to take on 160 million quid worth of debt? Worse case scenario is they do a United and mortgage off the ground etc and even then it's probably not even touching a fraction of it...
They won't, he'll get what he can and the debt will be written off.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:12 pm

Izual_Rebirth wrote:Bit of an old article but apparently Davies has had enough and wants to sell...

Who do you support?

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:06 pm

its probably just a sentient xbox

"Accounting Analyst" doesnt seem to be a Character Class in Diablo III though

like a cold sore version of The Forbin Project

Izual_Rebirth
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Izual_Rebirth » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:51 pm

Beefheart wrote:

They won't, he'll get what he can and the debt will be written off.
citation needed

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:33 am

Off you pop then. Should keep you occupied for a while hopefully...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:27 am

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:03 pm

Clearly a badly attempt at a WUM. Don't know why folks bother rising to the bait. Either a Dingle, Inbred or a Bucket Shaker imo.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:09 pm

i think i'm nearer the mark with the alive xbox, but....

blackburn and bury carnt talk.

here's one from the misspelledian newspaper (which is kind of ironic for them what with their own tax avoidance, but y'know)

one

dont think they've won since it were published

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:10 pm

Just a quick couple of questions for those who can be A) Arsed and B) Able to read the accounts, but two separate people have whispered two separate suggestions in my lughole recently, they are thus (in no particular order):

1) The debt position that is constantly and consistently stated to us (are we at around £165m or so?) is actually net of assets. (can this be gleaned from the accounts? ).

2) A small bet was placed with me that this years company accounts (late) will be filed on or around the General Election - the insinuation being that they'd prefer they weren't headline news.

Anybody?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:29 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Just a quick couple of questions for those who can be A) Arsed and B) Able to read the accounts, but two separate people have whispered two separate suggestions in my lughole recently, they are thus (in no particular order):

1) The debt position that is constantly and consistently stated to us (are we at around £165m or so?) is actually net of assets. (can this be gleaned from the accounts? ).

2) A small bet was placed with me that this years company accounts (late) will be filed on or around the General Election - the insinuation being that they'd prefer they weren't headline news.

Anybody?
Our net debt is £182m - up roughly £22m from a year ago. Our Tangible Fixed assets are circa £56m @ NBV they're £36m.

The Accounts were filed around 3 weeks ago (so somewhat shy of the General Election)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:57 pm

Am I correct in thinking that the players are valued at Zero, Worthy?
May the bridges I burn light your way

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:18 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Am I correct in thinking that the players are valued at Zero, Worthy?
Oh, I'm sure several of them count as liabilities.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:04 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:Just a quick couple of questions for those who can be A) Arsed and B) Able to read the accounts, but two separate people have whispered two separate suggestions in my lughole recently, they are thus (in no particular order):

Anybody?
Our net debt is £182m - up roughly £22m from a year ago. Our Tangible Fixed assets are circa £56m @ NBV they're £36m.

The Accounts were filed around 3 weeks ago (so somewhat shy of the General Election)
:lol:

I'll pass that little nugget on!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:17 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Am I correct in thinking that the players are valued at Zero, Worthy?
Doesn't actually work quite like that - when we were in the Prem, I think there was an obligation for Directors to give an opinion of the value of the squad, this hasn't been in the recent filings, but you can't actually account for them as a tangible asset, because you never know what you're going to get for them in the transfer market, so there isn't actually a line that equates to "player worth"...

What happens is they capitalize the cost of the players registration (what we paid for their registration (broadly transfer fees) + agents fees etc.) which are then amortized over the length of Contract they've been offered. So there isn't anything in the Accounts that could lead you to the conclusion they were valued at zero.

The value amortized @ end FY 2013 was £39m we added a couple of million, but shunted 17, so ended @ £23m - need to subtract accumulated amortization of £20m and you get to a notional net book value of around £3m. All that means in round terms is that we'd benefit from the full value of any transfer fees as were ahead on out accumulated amortization (broadly) - sure there's Accountancy types who could explain this better than I. :-)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:18 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Anybody?

:lol:

I'll pass that little nugget on!
Do I get a share of the winnings? :-)

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:20 pm

No money was placed until I knew the form.

Perhaps I should say I'll take him up for, say, 500 quid?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:28 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:No money was placed until I knew the form.

Perhaps I should say I'll take him up for, say, 500 quid?
Could I suggest as a negotiating strategy, you put forward that particular proposition as near to the Election as would make him comfortable to accept the level of risk you're taking. ;-)