The Debt.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Debt.

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:23 pm

ROVERS F.C. wrote:Your in a perilous mess indeed twotters!

:shock:
Yup.
Still, could be worse.
Businesswoman of the year.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:37 pm

Jugs wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:I never know why Marc Lies gets away with so much...he got beaten to the biggest bolton scoop in the padt 5 years by batman and picks up his stories from message boards.
Who is this 'batman' people have been mentioning recently? Is this the board's nickname for Nixon? Am I missing something? :conf:
Worry not, just a former poster: Banned for life. Twice I believe, once as Robin's partner and once as Lofthouse Lower. I believe I was tipped off, when I was persona grata, that he also got binned a third time, but I can't remember his avatar's moniker on that occasion. Mate of Boltonboris I believe, which goes some way to explain his particular sour grapes attitude to posters who treat the site like some kinda soshall meeja fingy.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Always hopeful
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Always hopeful » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:08 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Holdsworth remains "optimistic", apparently.
I was once "optimistic" that that tw*t had put us into the FA Cup Final. :hang:
:lol: :lol:
Hope is what keeps us going.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:15 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Jugs wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:I never know why Marc Lies gets away with so much...he got beaten to the biggest bolton scoop in the padt 5 years by batman and picks up his stories from message boards.
Who is this 'batman' people have been mentioning recently? Is this the board's nickname for Nixon? Am I missing something? :conf:
Worry not, just a former poster: Banned for life. Twice I believe, once as Robin's partner and once as Lofthouse Lower. I believe I was tipped off, when I was persona grata, that he also got binned a third time, but I can't remember his avatar's moniker on that occasion. Mate of Boltonboris I believe, which goes some way to explain his particular sour grapes attitude to posters who treat the site like some kinda soshall meeja fingy.
Ah reet, I remember him (I used to post via a different name).

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:29 pm

Jugs wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Jugs wrote:
Was that after you were banned for life?
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:32 pm

malcd1 wrote:
Jugs wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Jugs wrote:
Was that after you were banned for life?
LOL

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:30 pm

I think this article has come from Nixon. Doesn't make good reading.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... doubt.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:33 pm

malcd1 wrote:I think this article has come from Nixon. Doesn't make good reading.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... doubt.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The idea that this is all going to be ok and there is a simple fix with a new owner is fading by the day. We are well and truly goosed.

And this from Iles....
Not sure some of the interested parties took well to being told they hadn't met criteria. Accused club of "playing games" at crucial stage.
Nixon saying he doesn't see how we've got to here from previously being in talks with buyers.

As I said before something is very wrong here. I don't trust Birch and seemingly there is an ulterior motive in play.

midlands exile
Promising
Promising

Post by midlands exile » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:53 pm

This is looking worse by the day. Anyone still of the opinion that ED and PG are the greatest thing that ever happened to BWFC?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:24 am

Well it could've all happened 14/15 years ago, when ED joined the board and we were £33m in debt, without a pot to piss in...and according to the Accounts struggling to find any long term investment.

So yes, still happy that someone was barmy enought to throw shitloads at it.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:00 am

Worthy4England wrote:Well it could've all happened 14/15 years ago, when ED joined the board and we were £33m in debt, without a pot to piss in...and according to the Accounts struggling to find any long term investment.

So yes, still happy that someone was barmy enought to throw shitloads at it.
Exactly.

Who knows how this one will play out but last minute deals happen .... not always happily, but sometimes.

& even if not then we've had the most marvellous 12 years out of the daft old sod's generosity.

Campo, Hierro, Okocha, Stelios, Jussi, Gudni, Youri, Ricardo .... not bad.

AND it appears .... when someone finally does come to the table, £ZERO debt.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:46 am

Hmmmm. Maybe I was right? Everyone in the ED PG love in said administration couldn't happen. Well just watch this space. Friday I believe. We are then free to asset strip to pay the main creditor ED. Training ground for sale anyone?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:11 am

jetsetwilly wrote:Hmmmm. Maybe I was right? Everyone in the ED PG love in said administration couldn't happen. Well just watch this space. Friday I believe. We are then free to asset strip to pay the main creditor ED. Training ground for sale anyone?

I still can't get my head round all this. It doesn't make sense tgat the owner, Eddie Davies, would go into administration, asset strip the club and pay the main creditor, Eddie Davies just a few pence in the pound. It would be cheaper to give the £5million required to see out the season. :conf:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:22 am

Another journalistic slant on the story... this time from the Guardian: http://www.theguardian.com/football/blo ... nistration
Doesn't add a great deal but gives a tidy summary.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:35 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
jetsetwilly wrote:Hmmmm. Maybe I was right? Everyone in the ED PG love in said administration couldn't happen. Well just watch this space. Friday I believe. We are then free to asset strip to pay the main creditor ED. Training ground for sale anyone?

I still can't get my head round all this. It doesn't make sense tgat the owner, Eddie Davies, would go into administration, asset strip the club and pay the main creditor, Eddie Davies just a few pence in the pound. It would be cheaper to give the £5million required to see out the season. :conf:
What if he doesnt have any money left? What if the interested parties offered him less than he thinks he would receive as a creditor from administration.

I still think it is unlikely. But if we can't even pay players wages then I don't think anything can be ruled out.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:42 am

He's not getting anything back as things stand though is he? It won't be him that puts the club into administration

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:44 am

LeverEnd wrote:He's not getting anything back as things stand though is he? It won't be him that puts the club into administration
He can do.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:08 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:We are well and truly goosed.

yes - you have told us this a million times - over several years...

we're still here.

what possible rational reason do you have to mistrust Birch?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:21 am

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:We are well and truly goosed.

yes - you have told us this a million times - over several years...

we're still here.

what possible rational reason do you have to mistrust Birch?
I don't mistrust him. But he's been here a week and is working primarily for Eddie.

Therefore as of yet I have no reason to be entirely trusting.

This isn't a run of the mill, we're in relegation/managerial trouble. This is the very future of the club. And little of what is coming out sounds at all positive.

I hope that we can find suitable new ownership who will sort us out but lets be clear here, this is very very serious. The worst position we've been in since the 80s and potentially more serious than even then.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:24 am

Marc Iles is doing a Q&A on the Bolton News site today if anyone is interested.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/14 ... ef=mr&lp=9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

His latest musing re any takeover....(which is what I've been saying for a while now)
Fingers crossed something can happen - but the more I hear about it, the less I think anything is going to happen soon. Even if a bid is accepted, the process still has a fair way to go. It's an important hurdle, but only the first.
Last edited by BWFC_Insane on Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.