The Debt.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Re: The Debt.

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:12 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
thebish wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Well I for one do not want to google 'panic fannies stick together' :shock:

That is.............
I just entered it into Google Image Search. fecking hell, have you ever pulled a cheese toastie apart? :shock:

hopefully not on a work computer!! :shock:[/quote

That's PRECISELY why! :grin:
A fecking calamity again, look. Do they actually let you anywhere near the work computers? :lol:

feck you lot. This is on my mobile as I've just finished work until the 4th Jan. So again I say feck you and the horse you rode in on. X

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:05 pm

Anybody bought us yet?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:08 pm

Are we there yet?
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:17 pm

I need a weeeee!

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:59 pm

thebish wrote:I need a weeeee!
It's your age Reverend.

I can almost hear the sharp smacking sound of the doc's rubber gloves before he does that prostate check.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:10 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:
thebish wrote:I need a weeeee!
It's your age Reverend.

I can almost hear the sharp smacking sound of the doc's rubber gloves before he does that prostate check.
What you and bish get up to behind closed doors, really should remain there..... :wink:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:31 am

We are looking to sell the training ground at Euxton to Preston North End - confirmed by Lennon this morning. Things just went very bleak again.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:36 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:We are looking to sell the training ground at Euxton to Preston North End - confirmed by Lennon this morning. Things just went very bleak again.
Be nice to see their list of injuries in a few months then!
We have got to live up to the reality, we are now slipping fast into the world of the Bury and Rochdale's.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:40 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:We are looking to sell the training ground at Euxton to Preston North End - confirmed by Lennon this morning. Things just went very bleak again.

I would expect nothing less of you - that little dawn of sunshine rays was just too much! :D

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:04 am

plymouth wanderer wrote:Are we there yet?
Are we, well are we?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:06 am

But we knew this :conf: This isn't news booooooooo
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:40 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
But we knew this :conf: This isn't news booooooooo
its news because its specific, but wouldnt we have expected every option for every bit of our current operation to be under review - just doesnt mean we will sell, might just mean we are getting a market value/ disposal option

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:47 am

Let's all be honest about this. Selling off assets is going to aid survival. However, it will mean that we are never able to return to the top table.

I suspect we are going to be rattling around the bottom 2 divisions for many years IF we survive. I still maintain that it is most likely that we will fold and be liquidated, starting back like Newport County in some ungodly league, playing at somebody else's stadium.

I honestly don't see any way out of this. These buyers are clearly a million miles away from doing a deal with ED. ED knows he gets a pay off as main creditor, only if we sell off the assets.

I just wish this would all come to a head, one way or another. Buyer or bust. It is painful to see this dragged out like a dying family pet whose owner can't bear to take it for that final trip.

Ill or not, PG is a disgrace. To be paying out the money to agents when we knew what a mess we were in is nothing short of criminal.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:54 am

jetsetwilly wrote:Let's all be honest about this. Selling off assets is going to aid survival. However, it will mean that we are never able to return to the top table.

I suspect we are going to be rattling around the bottom 2 divisions for many years IF we survive. I still maintain that it is most likely that we will fold and be liquidated, starting back like Newport County in some ungodly league, playing at somebody else's stadium.

I honestly don't see any way out of this. These buyers are clearly a million miles away from doing a deal with ED. ED knows he gets a pay off as main creditor, only if we sell off the assets.

I just wish this would all come to a head, one way or another. Buyer or bust. It is painful to see this dragged out like a dying family pet whose owner can't bear to take it for that final trip.

Ill or not, PG is a disgrace. To be paying out the money to agents when we knew what a mess we were in is nothing short of criminal.

I mentioned the same a little earlier. To spend a million quid on fecking agents when he knew full well we're are up shit creek- is disgusting
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:55 am

jetsetwilly wrote:Let's all be honest about this. Selling off assets is going to aid survival. However, it will mean that we are never able to return to the top table.

I'd agree that selling off a PL standard asset would be a kick in the teeth, but still dont see its sale as a foregone conclusion, just part of the hard nose bargaining/ contingency planning associated with making the deal

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:05 am

As Lostock is a Category One academy we must spend £2.5m per year on it so I'm going to assume everything needed for the first team to be there as well?

If possible it's surely worth considering that they can merge two sites into one considering the cost savings
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:07 am

Don't we have two training grounds? Isn't there another one at Lostock?
Pfffft.

Loyal White
Promising
Promising

Post by Loyal White » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:28 am

Athers wrote:As Lostock is a Category One academy we must spend £2.5m per year on it so I'm going to assume everything needed for the first team to be there as well?

If possible it's surely worth considering that they can merge two sites into one considering the cost savings
We downgraded it to a Category Two this summer, but the point you are making is valid - it's certainly what I am clinging to.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:41 am

TKIZ! wrote:Don't we have two training grounds? Isn't there another one at Lostock?
Academy training ground and light years behind Euxton in terms of facilities so I'm told.

Selling Euxton before we had developed something elsewhere would be a big step backwards.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:41 am

Loyal White wrote:
Athers wrote:As Lostock is a Category One academy we must spend £2.5m per year on it so I'm going to assume everything needed for the first team to be there as well? If possible it's surely worth considering that they can merge two sites into one considering the cost savings
We downgraded it to a Category Two this summer, but the point you are making is valid - it's certainly what I am clinging to.
Was just going to say the same. It's that darned EPPP again, pricing us out. BN report here: http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/13 ... h_academy/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The £2.5m costs of Category One include an insistence on employing no fewer than 18 full-time staff. (To save you the maths, if you purely divide those numbers the staff would be on £138,000 per year or £2,670 a week, but obviously there are many other costs to be included bar those wages.) I make no apologies for once again linking to this piece we did on the EPPP – I can't remember ever getting so enraged by something I've had to sub/edit.

Anyway, I don't think Lostock will be as well-equipped as Euxton but there is surely the possibility of combining the facilities. Given financial stability, it should be possible (I'm not saying probable) to upgrade Lostock as we go along.