The Debt.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Re: The Debt.

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:58 pm

From Alan Nixon (admittedly 8 hours ago)
Alan Nixon ‏@reluctantnicko 8h hours ago
Bolton takeover update. Better news is that sale of offices seems to have got rid of Nucleus loan. Makes sale easier. If anyone has money.
Pfffft.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:01 pm

Izual_Rebirth wrote:
Izual_Rebirth wrote:I hate to say I told you so but... something is going on and it's not good. Seeing as we've just lost 50M+ over the last 12 months and now this?

Like I said people... a slow painful death awaits. The first nail in the coffin is when the owners try to hide things from the fans and communication breaks down. Moving to the LTD company means they don't have to be as transparent as they were before. Why? Because they want to hide how bad the clubs finances are in.
This is what I said a year ago and people were very rude to me over it but looks like all this news of hidden debt not being declare etc is absolutely true.
The debt that was known is not the problem, it's the fact Ed has stopped covering the difference between income and expenditure. So your told you so is bollocks ;)

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 pm

Izual_Rebirth wrote:
Izual_Rebirth wrote:I hate to say I told you so but... something is going on and it's not good. Seeing as we've just lost 50M+ over the last 12 months and now this?

Like I said people... a slow painful death awaits. The first nail in the coffin is when the owners try to hide things from the fans and communication breaks down. Moving to the LTD company means they don't have to be as transparent as they were before. Why? Because they want to hide how bad the clubs finances are in.
This is what I said a year ago and people were very rude to me over it but looks like all this news of hidden debt not being declare etc is absolutely true.
People were very rude to you. I don't think I was, (although I might have been), but yeah you were an early adopter of the new glum, so what did you expect; the nub of the saying 'don't shoot the messenger' is because, in the past, they actually did shoot the messenger.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:08 pm

Izual_Rebirth wrote:Personally if we're going to go into admin... and we will... might as well do it this season as we're looking like we're going down so might as well take the point penalty this season when we're already going down and no next year while in L1 and which will put us into L2 probably.
It would make sense, but when does BWFC ever do things that make sense!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:17 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Izual_Rebirth wrote:

People were very rude to you. I don't think I was, (although I might have been), but yeah you were an early adopter of the new glum, so what did you expect; the nub of the saying 'don't shoot the messenger' is because, in the past, they actually did shoot the messenger.
also he was talking bollox - as he is now.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:20 pm

OK...so being thick again here, but why do we need to have, say, £2ml to go into administration? :conf:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:28 pm

twilight wrote:OK...so being thick again here, but why do we need to have, say, £2ml to go into administration? :conf:
That'll be the lawyers fees for a day in court. I'm joking, of course....(I think)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Izual_Rebirth
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Izual_Rebirth » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:35 pm

Jugs wrote:
Izual_Rebirth wrote:Personally if we're going to go into admin... and we will... might as well do it this season as we're looking like we're going down so might as well take the point penalty this season when we're already going down and no next year while in L1 and which will put us into L2 probably.
It would make sense, but when does BWFC ever do things that make sense!
Heh. Pompey tried to put it off and ended up with point deductions in two separate seasons.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:25 am

thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Izual_Rebirth wrote:

also he was talking bollox - as he is now.
I predict the world is going to end. People say it's nowt to do with global warming, but I tell you, come Tuesday, it'll all be over. (well actually the Tuesday bit might be somewhat in advance of the actual end of the world, and in the interim, the conditions might change substantively, but when it happens, I'll be back to tell you "I told you so" even though at the time I said it, it wasn't imminent)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:38 am

The date is August eighth 2015 and we are about to kick off a new season. I shall consult the runes and tell of a triumphant year and.... oh dear, must be something wrong with these runes; they reckon that by January 2016 we'll be bottom of the league, can't win an egg and spoon race, can't pay our players wages and be victims of the most monumental business cock up imaginable. So much for fortune telling; what rubbish. I'm off to the bookies. Wonder what odds I can get on that one?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:39 am

http://www.burndenaces.co.uk/2016/01/10 ... ities.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wigan to buy Euxton ?
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:20 am

Nixon says if there is no concrete takeover this week then club will likely go into admin ahead of the 18th Janaury. Also says sometimes darkest hour is before the dawn.

Edit: Iles saying same thing too. Iles suggesting admin very likely. Meeting in London today to discuss administration route he says.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:42 am

EI EI EI O
Down the football leagues we go
In administration, this is what we'll sing
We are Bolton
We don't own a single f ucking thing!

palindromeofbolton
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by palindromeofbolton » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:30 pm

This has been the first thing I've seen put a number on the office sale, which is £4m:
http://www.footballeconomy.com/content/ ... nistration" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Guessing the bulk of that went on last month's wages and maybe a bit of interest on the interest.

Any guesses what the sale of Euxton would bring in?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:32 pm

Iles says,

Meeting today in London is with sports shield.

Couple of days for a firm buyer to come forward. Otherwise admin. But costs club to enter admin so that is why sale of Davies and Clough is going through to pay for potential administration.

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:33 pm

palindromeofbolton wrote:This has been the first thing I've seen put a number on the office sale, which is £4m:
http://www.footballeconomy.com/content/ ... nistration" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Guessing the bulk of that went on last month's wages and maybe a bit of interest on the interest.

Mail yesterday put the income from the offices as £600,000 pa:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... paign=1490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:46 pm

palindromeofbolton wrote:This has been the first thing I've seen put a number on the office sale, which is £4m:

I personally don't think the training ground will bring in too much. If I have the right location, it is sandwiched between an office block and a go-carting/driving range. Also, a railway line runs immediately along the rear and is site is overlooked by a warehouse. It is not prime housing land and so would probably have to be sold as a training ground. With Preston and Wigan looking at it, I cannot see it raising an awful lot.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:57 pm

What a terrible Sunday, even if the rain's stopped for a while.

We are skint,

We are going bust,

£15 million down my arse, for what? a name, 'cause that's all that will be left of the club.

Laurel and fecking Hardy could have run the club better than Davies aided and abetted by Know now't Gartside.

I hope some chickens come home to roost for some people, oh and Lennon, just piss off you poor excuse of a manager!
Last edited by Hoboh on Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:02 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Iles says,

Couple of days for a firm buyer to come forward. Otherwise admin. But costs club to enter admin so that is why sale of Davies and Clough is going through to pay for potential administration.
I'm an absolute thicko with all this but I thought the sole purpose of flogging these two was to pay the tax bill and thus stave off administration?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:27 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Iles says,

I'm an absolute thicko with all this but I thought the sole purpose of flogging these two was to pay the tax bill and thus stave off administration?
You and me both. But then I keep hearing that the sale of both Davies & Clough, (if there is no buyer for the club), goes towards when they go into administration? :conf: