The Debt.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: The Debt.

Post by Riviman » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:40 pm

The sale of a car park has been central to the bid to stay out of admin, anyone know which of the car parks it is? Do BWFC own the land behind the police station and next to the arena, is it this land or one of the car parks used on match day?
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:47 pm

Shame really as I'd back the car park to do a better job at centre half than dorian dervite.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:04 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Shame really as I'd back the car park to do a better job at centre half than dorian dervite.
Nah, car parks are lousy defenders. Leave too many spaces....

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:13 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:Shame really as I'd back the car park to do a better job at centre half than dorian dervite.
Nah, car parks are lousy defenders. Leave too many spaces....
No difference then is there :?

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:13 pm

No pay on time this month for Wanderers staff.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... ial-crisis" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:51 pm

The more you think about this whole mess the more ridiculous it seems that a supposedly thriving business with a billionaire owner, a club that's been established over a hundred years, can find itself 170 plus million pounds in the red, needing to sell all the players to pay the tax man, in court to be declared insolvent and unable to pay the wages of staff employed as working functions at the stadium complex. Either there's been some massive cover up undisclosed, or the accounts department (the whole lot from the Chief accountant downwards) are the most incompetent bunch of money handlers since conch shells became currency.. It's almost beyond belief.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:23 pm

No it's not!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:31 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:The more you think about this whole mess the more ridiculous it seems that a supposedly thriving business with a billionaire owner, a club that's been established over a hundred years, can find itself 170 plus million pounds in the red, needing to sell all the players to pay the tax man, in court to be declared insolvent and unable to pay the wages of staff employed as working functions at the stadium complex. Either there's been some massive cover up undisclosed, or the accounts department (the whole lot from the Chief accountant downwards) are the most incompetent bunch of money handlers since conch shells became currency.. It's almost beyond belief.
It is because he club paid players more money than it made.

Hence we made a loss.

And this isn't just the rubbish of the past few years.

Players like your mate Davies were collectively paid more money than the turnover from the business could support. It isn't a conspiracy. We relied on Eddie funding the shortfall. We are finding out now what level of player we can afford without funding of that nature.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:36 pm

Providing that he's still sound of mind, this is disgraceful yet again from Eddie Davies IMO

Until the club is sold its his responsibility as owner of the club to pay his staff, I'm not arsed about the players as none of them deserve paying, but making the hard working BWFC staff worry & suffer (as they did in Dec) as a result of his continued incompetence is unforgivable.

This takeover situation / debacle (as with everything else surrounding the club) is becoming an absolute shambles, and is dragging on far to long and is becoming even more damaging than originally thought.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:57 pm

I think it might be worthwhile considering that Eddie Davies has employed three hundred plus people for a decade or thereabouts. Once he'd decided to sell it is reasonable that he had a deadline when he'd stop injecting cash in.
The fact the club is badly run probably has quite a lot to do with how many people are employed, in jobs that probably aren't necessary. So I'd be hard pushed to call him tw@t about that. BWFC has been operating at a loss for a long time, hence the debts. He doesn't have to continue operating it at a loss out of his pocket, and he isn't any longer. Doesn't turn him into a serial killer.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Loyal White
Promising
Promising

Post by Loyal White » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:19 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:I think it might be worthwhile considering that Eddie Davies has employed three hundred plus people for a decade or thereabouts. Once he'd decided to sell it is reasonable that he had a deadline when he'd stop injecting cash in.
The fact the club is badly run probably has quite a lot to do with how many people are employed, in jobs that probably aren't necessary. So I'd be hard pushed to call him tw@t about that. BWFC has been operating at a loss for a long time, hence the debts. He doesn't have to continue operating it at a loss out of his pocket, and he isn't any longer. Doesn't turn him into a serial killer.
If that is his attitude then he should completely withdraw and put us into administration.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:22 pm

Loyal White wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:I think it might be worthwhile considering that Eddie Davies has employed three hundred plus people for a decade or thereabouts. Once he'd decided to sell it is reasonable that he had a deadline when he'd stop injecting cash in.
If that is his attitude then he should completely withdraw and put us into administration.
Well, I think he's done something slightly better than that, which is to withdraw and leave that decision in the hands of Trevor Birch, who has concluded that step is not yet necessary.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:29 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
It is because he club paid players more money than it made. Hence we made a loss. And this isn't just the rubbish of the past few years.

Players like your mate Davies were collectively paid more money than the turnover from the business could support. It isn't a conspiracy. We relied on Eddie funding the shortfall. We are finding out now what level of player we can afford without funding of that nature.
And it isn't the business of those running the club, even Eddie Davies, to know that and act accordingly? The players were paid what the club agreed to pay them; that wasn't the players fault but those in the accounts department. Businesses pay their top guys big money in any industry or business; how much that is, is supposed to be the business of the money department, not the players. Despite Eddie Davies's generosity,we're paying the price of business incompetence now, or can you dispute that?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:33 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
It is because he club paid players more money than it made. Hence we made a loss. And this isn't just the rubbish of the past few years.

And it isn't the business of those running the club, even Eddie Davies, to know that and act accordingly? The players were paid what the club agreed to pay them; that wasn't the players fault but those in the accounts department. Businesses pay their top guys big money in any industry or business; how much that is, is supposed to be the business of the money department, not the players. Despite Eddie Davies's generosity,we're paying the price of business incompetence now, or can you dispute that?
I wouldn't argue with what you say particularly. But I can rephrase it: it could be argued that rather than running the business inefficiently, he ran it beneficially - which can only be concluded on hindsight when and if he does wipe out the debt he financed.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:48 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

I wouldn't argue with what you say particularly. But I can rephrase it: it could be argued that rather than running the business inefficiently, he ran it beneficially - which can only be concluded on hindsight when and if he does wipe out the debt he financed.
No argument with the sentiment Spots, I just find it strange that a multi millionaire who made his vast money on supposedly sound business accumen couldn't forsee the cracks in the road surface and warn the users of a business he sank millions into supposedly from a love of his home town club.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:51 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

So you weren't blasting the club for releasing Davies then? As fans we tend to want it both ways but it isn't realistic.

I agree that the management of the club over the past few years leaves a lot to be desired. Some of this situation is almost unavoidable though.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:12 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
So you weren't blasting the club for releasing Davies then? As fans we tend to want it both ways but it isn't realistic.
I agree that the management of the club over the past few years leaves a lot to be desired. Some of this situation is almost unavoidable though.
No, I've never blasted the club for anything. Yes, I was disappointed (who have we had since that's been anywhere near him up front?) when we let him go because he was one of the best long-term players we'd had for years, but I certainly didn't blast anyone, particularly the club. That I've never done until now and the reasons for that are pretty obvious.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:11 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:(who have we had since that's been anywhere near him up front?)
Against his last twelve months, everyone that's had a go and I'd include boris in that.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:14 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:Providing that he's still sound of mind, this is disgraceful yet again from Eddie Davies IMO

Until the club is sold its his responsibility as owner of the club to pay his staff, I'm not arsed about the players as none of them deserve paying, but making the hard working BWFC staff worry & suffer (as they did in Dec) as a result of his continued incompetence is unforgivable.

This takeover situation / debacle (as with everything else surrounding the club) is becoming an absolute shambles, and is dragging on far to long and is becoming even more damaging than originally thought.

^^
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

beckford
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by beckford » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:27 pm

word is on our forum that Hemmings is now very close to buying the Euxton training ground