The Debt.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Debt.

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:11 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:Is the delay not due to the state of the BWFC accounts ?.....apparently they are in such a mess that no one has a clue how much we actually owe & to who we owe, therefore its proving very difficult for whichever consortium that is in the driving seat to get to the bottom of exactly what debt they are taking on.
I don't know. Is that the case? Is that the official line, the club are working out how much debt the new owners must take on before announcing the new owners. Or is it more likely that, as I said above, the club still don't know if we are to have new ownership or voluntary administration in the next fourteen days? I don't know the answer but my gut feeling is that the club is as much in the dark as I am.
Surely PWC's forensic bunch could soon straighten that out. The feck* have me in for my expenses claims within minutes, the fussy c*nts! :(
May the bridges I burn light your way

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:58 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:Well clearly any prospective owners should be undertaking due dilligence. We've filed all accounts to date and never had any issue with IR so I dont think there can be anything dodgy/illegal. However clearly ED and PG have not been able to sort the sale of the club before the well ran dry. It could be stupidity, illness, head in the sands or just the fact no-one wanted to buy. I think its a combination of the first three cos there are at least 2 buyers out there now (or so we are told).
I want to buy the new Ferrari. This is no indication of my ability to afford it... :-)
Get an Audi R8, much less trouble and name apart, a better car.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:10 pm

It could all be perfectly legal and entirely reasonable due diligence. But that doesn't make for good chitchat in the stands and bars.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:17 pm

It could even be a good thing that time is being taken and nobody is rushing into anything! Quite a bit depends on getting this right!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:06 pm

It could also be that the institutions loaning the dosh to the consortium wanting to buy the club are going apeshit trying to unravel anything not nailed down that can be mortgaged and not finding anything like the amount of unnailed ephemera they'd been told was there.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:05 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:It could all be perfectly legal and entirely reasonable due diligence. But that doesn't make for good chitchat in the stands and bars.
Hallejujah.

Perhaps we should have gone down the ebay route.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:20 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:It could all be perfectly legal and entirely reasonable due diligence. But that doesn't make for good chitchat in the stands and bars.
I wouldn't have thought we'd be appointing people to sell assets if we were in due diligence with anyone.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:01 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
I wouldn't have thought we'd be appointing people to sell assets if we were in due diligence with anyone.
Good point. I really don't think any takeover is going to happen. We'll end up with new owners at some point but only after administration, relegation and giving Nile Ranger a chance to resurrect his career.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:51 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
why not - could form part of deal with preferred bidder (for physical assets). As I said previously, those sales announced last week were too rapid to have gone through any kind of normal process. I'd suggest its been part of the clubs selling requirements, in order to realise contingency funding, whilst the rest of the negotiations continue. The Terry Robinson/ player sale is again a mixture of cost balancing, as well as contingency planning - they need to have potential sales lined up, but wont sell until they have to

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:25 am

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... -ruin.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest from the Sun. I assume Nixon though it doesn't say.

Highlights (or lowlights):
£2.2M needed within 2 weeks to pay HMRC
£15M to get through till end of season
Holdsworth consortium backed off (claims article)
Debts putting off potential owners
One new consortium in talks
Kevin Davies trying to raise money from investors

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:33 am

Kevin Davies wrote:You do wonder how things seem to have been run in such a naive way.
Aye, who ever thought it a good idea to extend the contracts of, overpaid, washed up stars?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:35 am

Enoch wrote:
Kevin Davies wrote:You do wonder how things seem to have been run in such a naive way.
Aye, who ever thought it a good idea to extend the contracts of, overpaid, washed up stars?
SKD or Madine?
Simple question, even at Kev's age.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:38 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... -ruin.html

I assume Kevin Davies. It's got his name all over it. It's just one big puff piece about him on a very small white charger battling the dragons...

(and it doesn't say new, it says a foreign consortium, so that's probably those Thais again)
Last edited by Lost Leopard Spot on Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:39 am

Hoboh wrote:
Enoch wrote:
SKD or Madine?
Neither. We paid Kevin Davies for probably a year too long. Possibly even 2. And he wasn't on buttons either.

I would like to be wrong but Davies seems to be grandstanding a bit here to look like the nice guy. I seriously doubt he can pull anything together to save us. I suppose at the very least he is trying.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:40 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

I assume Kevin Davies. It's got his name all over it. It's just one big puff piece about him on a very small white charger battling the dragons...
(and it says a foreign consortium, so that's probably those Thais again)
Well it is his wife who wrote it then! :wink:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:40 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

bob on! did we forget his birthday again??

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:43 am

thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

bob on! did we forget his birthday again??
I sent him a cake. (Actually, I ate it instead, I didn't think it would survive the post).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:44 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Enoch wrote:
SKD or Madine?
Neither. We paid Kevin Davies for probably a year too long. Possibly even 2. And he wasn't on buttons either.

I would like to be wrong but Davies seems to be grandstanding a bit here to look like the nice guy. I seriously doubt he can pull anything together to save us. I suppose at the very least he is trying.
Argue all you like but SKD was the Bolton we all loved, not on his own mind but you just knew the bugger would play with a broken leg if he could.
Say that about any of the pansy's today.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:47 am

Hoboh wrote: Argue all you like but SKD was the Bolton we all loved, not on his own mind but you just knew the bugger would play with a broken leg if he could.
So was Nat Lofthouse but I'd not want him playing the next match.......

He was great as were many other players we've had turn out for us. He like a lot of the others have finished their careers. The problem is we replaced him with utter rubbish but still doesn't mean we should have kept him on.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:48 am

Hoboh wrote: Argue all you like but SKD was the Bolton we all loved, not on his own mind but you just knew the bugger would play with a broken leg if he could.
yes - nobody is disputing that... that doesn't mean that he is a serious contender for a takeover consortium bid, though, does it?