The Debt.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Re: The Debt.

Post by Enoch » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:58 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:On his live transfer blog, Iles claims the club aren't planning to pay off the tax bill. Can't believe that. Makes no sense.
Whoever has made up that lie should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. As should Iles for repeating it.
Mr Iles wrote:In what proved a surprising twist at the weekend
What, that Mr Iles?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:08 pm

Enoch wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:On his live transfer blog, Iles claims the club aren't planning to pay off the tax bill. Can't believe that. Makes no sense.
Whoever has made up that lie should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. As should Iles for repeating it.
What, that Mr Iles?
No. The other fcker.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:10 pm

Enoch wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
What, that Mr Iles?
On 15th January the Sun said that the Emerson (Middlebrook) group was buying the car park.

That day Iles tweeted this...
@HalliwellBill the other name being touted around is Mick James.
Mick James being the owner of PBP. So whilst it is easy to poke holes, he and Nixon both talked about this possibility mid January.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:11 pm

Not sure that this is the full story BWFCI, did he not say that the club are not planning to pay 'all' of the tax bill ? - sort of implying that they will be paying some of it but not necessarily the full amount

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:19 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Not sure that this is the full story BWFCI, did he not say that the club are not planning to pay 'all' of the tax bill ? - sort of implying that they will be paying some of it but not necessarily the full amount
Ah you are right. I misread. It says club won't pay all of the tax bill. Still seems odd to me.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:26 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
Ah you are right. I misread. It says club won't pay all of the tax bill. Still seems odd to me.
Shame on you!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:40 pm

Seems suicidal to me. But hey ho.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:50 pm

nahhh - it'll be a clever ruse - be reet...

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:15 pm

Adopting the 'google' model presumably......

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:47 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:The fullback - Scandinavian, forget his name.
John Arne Riise wasn't it? Didn't someone find his payslip amongst his rubbish? Something like that anyhow.

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:21 am

CrazyHorse wrote:
So! You are confirming this to be a lie? :? Sauce please.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:54 am

My source is common sense. Given we have a court imposed winding up order raised by HMRC we will literally crease to exist unless that bill is paid.

Add to that the fact that we specifically needed court approval to buy a bit of the car park before we could sell the rest of it, and that that permission would have only been given on the promise that the bill is paid, I'd suggest that unless it is paid asap someone has also commited perjury and/or fraud.

So yeah, lies, lies lies.
Businesswoman of the year.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:55 am

CrazyHorse wrote:My source is common sense. Given we have a court imposed winding up order raised by HMRC we will literally crease to exist unless that bill is paid.

Add to that the fact that we specifically needed court approval to buy a bit of the car park before we could sell the rest of it, and that that permission would have only been given on the promise that the bill is paid, I'd suggest that unless it is paid asap someone has also commited perjury and/or fraud.

So yeah, lies, lies lies.
I misread it. So what he said was the plan was not to pay the bill in full. So some sort of staggered payment plan I guess.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:59 am

Crease to exist? Haha. Stupid phone.
Businesswoman of the year.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:00 am

Is that like an ultra-fastidious dress code?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:03 am

CrazyHorse wrote:Crease to exist? Haha. Stupid phone.
What made it better was the emphatic "literally crease to exist". :D

Anyway: Window gone, no major player losses. That feels like it should be A Good Thing, although the financial uncertainty (worsened by getting drip-fed half-heard tit-bits like the one that caused your "lies" post) means I'm still slightly worried we'll be hearing "Oh dear, we needed to sell someone to survive" within a month.

So, the countdown begins to Mon 22 Feb. I've just realised that on that day I've also got a site to launch and an album coming out. Oh good...)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:06 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:

Anyway: Window gone, no major player losses. That feels like it should be A Good Thing, although the financial uncertainty (worsened by getting drip-fed half-heard tit-bits like the one that caused your "lies" post) means I'm still slightly worried we'll be hearing "Oh dear, we needed to sell someone to survive" within a month.

So, the countdown begins to Mon 22 Feb. I've just realised that on that day I've also got a site to launch and an album coming out. Oh good...)
Nixon is fairly adamant that the car park went for £20M. Though he is critical that the club won't say how much, and where it is going. Which to an extent in our situation I get the criticism. But equally they've never been forthcoming or transparent so I can't imagine they'd start now.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:08 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:

Please tell me you've called it 48 hours?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:09 am

On the one hand, with the rest of the development its probably land with permission to build, on the other, its hardly like you could build houses right next to a stadium, could you?

Having said that, I'm still not clear on which car parks it is we keep discussing. Is it the ones immediately adjacent to the ground, between Burnden Way and The Linkway?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:09 am

Hoboh wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:The fullback - Scandinavian, forget his name.
John Arne Riise wasn't it? Didn't someone find his payslip amongst his rubbish? Something like that anyhow.
:shock: I'm glad to see he had no outstanding student loans or dodgy tax credits claim in
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"