Tickets for Millwall

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Trotski
Hopeful
Hopeful

Tickets for Millwall

Post by Trotski » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:56 pm

So, the mrs. bought me one hell of a christmas present. Plane tickets and hotel in London on the weekend of the Millwall game. Now all we need is the tickets for the game (bolton end) and maybe a bit of how-to advice for Millwall.

Anyone?

I'm a Dane hence the inexperience in going to away games. My first ever in fact. My wife's first ever fotball game. Some debut she chose for herself.

Help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks and cheers!
Oh coitus!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: Tickets for Millwall

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:57 pm

Don't wear Bolton colours, scarf, shirt etc.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:59 pm

Am I right in saying the match will be rescheduled if we get past Cardiff in the cup?

As for Millwall, it's not all that it's cracked up to be, I've been a few times and there's no trouble as long as you don't shout your mouth off.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:00 pm

Gail Platz wrote:Am I right in saying the match will be rescheduled if we get past Cardiff in the cup?

As for Millwall, it's not all that it's cracked up to be, I've been a few times and there's no trouble as long as you don't shout your mouth off.
Speak for yourelf, mate. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:03 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gail Platz wrote:Am I right in saying the match will be rescheduled if we get past Cardiff in the cup?

Speak for yourelf, mate. ;)
Any particular reason, Bruce? :lol:

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:08 pm

A couple of seasons back I was on a short train ride packed with Millwall Stone Island style hooligans, and they weren't doing anything until some fat pissed up Bolton fan literally pushed his way onto the train and into the Millwall fans, shouting "Wanderers Wanderers" at the top of his head. One of them said "facking pack it in or I'll facking have ya", and I did think it was going to kick off but even then it didn't. The walk to the ground is like being in a prison so you can't really get involved in anything. You'll just hear Millwall fans chanting "Mill" from a distance.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:25 pm

With police outnumbering fans two to one (exaggeration for effect), it's generally pretty safe. As suggested, if you want a kicking you can probably sort one out for yourself, if you don't, well I've not had one yet.

Trotski
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Trotski » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:37 pm

I'll do without the kicking, thanks.

As for tickets, do I go through the Bolton ticket office? Do we know for certain that the next FA cup game after Cardiff - if we win - is on the 15th? The offish site isn't terribly helpful. I must admit that a rescheduling of the Millwall game would be a massive disappointment.

Again: Thanks.
Oh coitus!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:38 pm

Gail Platz wrote:A couple of seasons back I was on a short train ride packed with Millwall Stone Island style hooligans, and they weren't doing anything until some fat pissed up Bolton fan literally pushed his way onto the train and into the Millwall fans, shouting "Wanderers Wanderers" at the top of his head. One of them said "facking pack it in or I'll facking have ya", and I did think it was going to kick off but even then it didn't. The walk to the ground is like being in a prison so you can't really get involved in anything. You'll just hear Millwall fans chanting "Mill" from a distance.
I trust you never went to The Den, then?

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:58 pm

Might I suggest for your safety you leave the ground with Bruce? He won't be able to run as fast as he did last time......... :-)
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:09 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Might I suggest for your safety you leave the ground with Bruce? He won't be able to run as fast as he did last time......... :-)
:lol:

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:52 pm

Trotski wrote:Do we know for certain that the next FA cup game after Cardiff - if we win - is on the 15th?
That's certainly the date for fifth round matches. With four London clubs in the fourth round draw, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:40 pm

Trotski wrote:So, the mrs. bought me one hell of a christmas present. Plane tickets and hotel in London on the weekend of the Millwall game. Now all we need is the tickets for the game (bolton end) and maybe a bit of how-to advice for Millwall.

Anyone?

I'm a Dane hence the inexperience in going to away games. My first ever in fact. My wife's first ever fotball game. Some debut she chose for herself.

Help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks and cheers!
I am ever so sorry to break this to you mate but if we win our game against Cardiff the Millwall game will be moved for our F.A cup 5th round tie I believe.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:47 pm

My dad went to a pre season Millwall vs Spuds a few years ago there was a full scale riot I have told the story to HMX, Devon White and Lever End and trust me it would almost certainly make anything of the frightening experiences you have faced as Bolton fans look tame. I have met quite a few Millwall fans over the year and they all are fully against the hooligans, tbh unless your West Ham, Chelsea, Leeds or Spuds going to the new Den is quite safe. Mark my words you would be much more likely to get done at Burnley or Blackpool or somewhere along those lines as a Bolton fan. They (Millwall) don't care about us end of story.
Last edited by bwfcdan94 on Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:51 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote: They don't care about us end of story.
Dan's right, he just doesn't understand why. The violent, racist tossers couldn't care less who they reign violence upon.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:04 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote: They don't care about us end of story.
Dan's right, he just doesn't understand why. The violent, racist tossers couldn't care less who they reign violence upon.
There is a tunnel which is for away fans only from South Bermondsey station right into the away end, The people you need to worry about are not the Millwall fans who go to the game it all the knobheads who live on the estates around the ground who lob things out of their flat windows. Apart from anything Trotski is going to be in London anyway and will therefore probably come across more as a Millwall fan then a Bolton fan. Im not saying wear colours and walk through the street sing "Walking down the Manny road" but you. What is it you personally have against Millwall Bruce is it an incident you have had personally.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:31 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:What is it you personally have against Millwall Bruce is it an incident you have had personally.
Yes, Dan.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:37 pm

Care to go into any further detail, was it life threatening?

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:37 pm

Do I recall correctly? Millwall used to leave calling cards on their victims'stating y ou've just had a visit from the ICF (inner city firm). :crazy:

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:42 pm

Millwall is a walk in the park

Sup at London Bridge, train in and out
Sto ut Serviam