Going up the Rs

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Re: Going up the Rs

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:39 pm

You 2 are doing a very good job of missing each other, if it makes much difference I have planned to meet Dan Ardiff (who also lives in Reading) 3 times but have failed.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:57 pm

Devon White wrote:
thebish wrote:
Devon White wrote:
thebish wrote:BWFC tell me that tickets will be available on the gate at qpr - they will be the GOLD £30 jobbies... (not the silver £25 jobbies)
Thanks Bish, they (bwfc) told me yesterday they (qpr) would only confirm pay on the gate on monday.
that's worth knowing... will double check with qpr on monday!! :D
We must be stark raving bonkers, i have rearranged my work around this game, so i cant offer to drive from devon to londonn, i will be going from oxford, may be yeovil ?, plymouth wanderer may be joining us and a few others.
am doing yeovil - but probably in the yeovil end with a mate from Newton Abbot...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:07 pm

thebish wrote:BWFC tell me that tickets will be available on the gate at qpr - they will be the GOLD £30 jobbies... (not the silver £25 jobbies)
Does that mean you get less of a shit view? :?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:11 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Does that mean you get less of a shit view? :?
Unlikely, unless Dawson turns up Monday!

:cry:

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:32 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Yes but we all know that there is no way anywhere near the full allocation will be sold especially after last Saturday, so everyone will be able to sit where they want anyhow.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:37 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Yes but we all know that there is no way anywhere near the full allocation will be sold especially after last Saturday, so everyone will be able to sit where they want anyhow.
Sitting in a seat not allocated to you.....you rebel...

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:41 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
GtE WILL be chuffed when you plonk yourself down next to him Dan. It will do him good to see how a proper supporter acts! He might learn something. ;)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:42 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
It was 'sit anywhere' at Leicester, although it looked to me like we'd pretty much sold our allocation.

However, shirley to goodness they'll have come up with something to differentiate between Willy Wonka gold ticket holders and the steerage-bound lumpenproletariat? :conf:
Last edited by Bruce Rioja on Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:44 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
It was 'sit anywhere' at Leicester, however, it looked to me like we'd pretty much sold our allocation.
However, shirley to goodness they'll have come up with something to differentiate between Willy Wonka gold ticket holders and the steerage-bound lumpenproletariat? :conf:
One would certainly hope so.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:19 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
GtE WILL be chuffed when you plonk yourself down next to him Dan. It will do him good to see how a proper supporter acts! He might learn something. ;)
Yep he can sing to me "sit down shut up" and I wi9ll sing to him "your support is f**king sh*t".

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:20 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sitting in a seat not allocated to you.....you rebel...
I always do that in such situation, ever since I went to Barnsley and ended u p having about 6 rows to myself.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:57 pm

Going to this as a member of Enoch's Inter City Headhunter Ultras (Kent branch). I've been promised (threatened with?) the possibility of social intercourse with other members of this forum. Looking forward to it. :shock:
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:08 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:Going to this as a member of Enoch's Inter City Headhunter Ultras (Kent branch). I've been promised (threatened with?) the possibility of social intercourse with other members of this forum. Looking forward to it. :shock:

any plans where this (pregame?) social intercourse might take place? I'd imagine Enfield is up for some intercourse - and I might ask GG if she's up to any...

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:12 pm

thebish wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:Going to this as a member of Enoch's Inter City Headhunter Ultras (Kent branch). I've been promised (threatened with?) the possibility of social intercourse with other members of this forum. Looking forward to it. :shock:

any plans where this (pregame?) social intercourse might take place? I'd imagine Enfield is up for some intercourse - and I might ask GG if she's up to any...
That's a little piece of a Carry On film, right there.....

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:18 pm

O'Neills?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:48 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
thebish wrote:

That's a little piece of a Carry On film, right there.....
oh really??? :wink:

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:20 pm

HMX wrote:O'Neills?
Pru suggested O'Neill's, So that is where I will probably look to be - it is referred to as a "neutral" pub. Pru will be able too give all of you more details but that is where I suggest.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:33 pm

Assuming it is the O'Neill's I think Pru means the address is 2 Goldhawk road. It is 2 mins walk from Goldhawk road tube station and 3 mins walk from shepherds bush market tube station. It is about 10 mins walk from the ground.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:38 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
HMX wrote:O'Neills?
Pru suggested O'Neill's, So that is where I will probably look to be - it is referred to as a "neutral" pub. Pru will be able too give all of you more details but that is where I suggest.

Is that the one on Shepherd's Bush green which is/was the Backpackers?

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:48 pm

It's by Shepherd's Bush common, yeah. No idea if it is/was the Backpackers though.