Your dream scenario

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Wrighty92
Hopeful
Hopeful

Your dream scenario

Post by Wrighty92 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:12 am

Ok guys, so let's say we get hammered by QPR next weekend and Dougie gets the boot (the defeat is an inevitability atm unfortunately, not so much the 2nd part). Then at some point we decide to put Jimmy in caretaker charge until the end of the season and he just about keeps us up in the Championship to start fresh next season. What would be your dream scenario as to which players would still be on the books, which manager we'd put in charge and where you think we could start to go next season to turn things around?

For me... I guess I'd like to see us hold on to Lonergan as number 1 and perhaps let Bogdan go while we can still get a fee for him. Defensively, I'd probably only really want to keep Ream from the current lot but in reality, the Mills-Ream partnership is something that could be built on. Wheats and Knight need to be off the wage bill imo. Obviously Mavies is a key player but I think he'll want to leave as he could probably play for someone low end Prem or perhaps even go back to Leicester. Spearing and Medo are basically the same player and Medo should be playing atm based on form. Moritz is good but for some reason can't seem to play back to back starts. Chungy still isn't close to what he was and I imagine he has high wages so we could probably do with letting him go elsewhere. Eagles was great last year but has shown this year that he's not consistent enough and I'd honestly rather have a Neil Danns on lower wages. Striker's wise, perhaps it's worth bring Eaves back and giving him a go... Beckford, N'gog, Sordell and co can all bugger off as far as I'm concerned.

Manager wise... not a clue. It's all very depressing to think about really

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Re: Your dream scenario

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:34 am

Shoot the lot and get drunk.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:34 am

Bring soem of the kids through. It can't be any worse than what we have to watch now.
Pfffft.

bedwetter2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bedwetter2 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:24 pm

With diminishing income over the next season or two the club is going to have to cut costs to the bone. All non-essentials will have to go. That means expensive Chairman, expensive manager, expensive assistant manager, expensive non-playing staff, expensive players, etc. I'm sure you get the point.
I'm in agreement with TKIZ regarding giving the development squad under 21s a role. It is likely that the best 5 or 6 will have to be drafted into the first team squad next season anyway.
Keep only the best, most committed and cheapest of the current squad. There are one or two problem expensive ones with longer contracts running into 2015 or 2016. If they cannot or will not be made to perform adequately, then put them very publicly on a transfer list a la FSA. That may buck their ideas up. Or not.

The above is what is inevitable. My dream scenario would involve a threesome with Mila Kunis and Rachel Weisz.

The Bolton dream scenario would mean that the parochial nature of the club is overturned by recruiting a well-qualified and intelligent coach from outside the usual British suspects (particularly ex players). Middlesborough, Southampton and West Brom amongst others have done it. The current Chairman would have to go though as he epitomises everything parochial and self-serving about the club.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:45 pm

bedwetter2 wrote:With diminishing income over the next season or two the club is going to have to cut costs to the bone. All non-essentials will have to go. That means expensive Chairman, expensive manager, expensive assistant manager, expensive non-playing staff, expensive players, etc. I'm sure you get the point.
I'm in agreement with TKIZ regarding giving the development squad under 21s a role. It is likely that the best 5 or 6 will have to be drafted into the first team squad next season anyway.
Keep only the best, most committed and cheapest of the current squad. There are one or two problem expensive ones with longer contracts running into 2015 or 2016. If they cannot or will not be made to perform adequately, then put them very publicly on a transfer list a la FSA. That may buck their ideas up. Or not.

The above is what is inevitable. My dream scenario would involve a threesome with Mila Kunis and Rachel Weisz.

The Bolton dream scenario would mean that the parochial nature of the club is overturned by recruiting a well-qualified and intelligent coach from outside the usual British suspects (particularly ex players). Middlesborough, Southampton and West Brom amongst others have done it. The current Chairman would have to go though as he epitomises everything parochial and self-serving about the club.
Very well put Bedwetter. Some of the younger players who are hungry to play. I even think that sending the likes of Wilkinson out on loan is a failure. He's on a rich run of form in the reserves give him a chance as is Clough
Pfffft.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:14 pm

TKIZ! wrote:Bring soem of the kids through. It can't be any worse than what we have to watch now.
I've just had a look ast the PL U-21 table.

We are 10th. Have won 4 out of 11. And have a plus 1 goal diff.

Is this strong enough evidence that a significant number of kids are ready to step up?

West Ham tried it in the cup fixture against Forest and they were top of this table at the time. And got caned.

I don't have a dream scenario that's practical. My dreams are brighter than I'd have any right to expect in the current circs. But I want no more novice or near-novice managers.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:23 pm

dougie stays... it all clicks into place like a footballing epiphany... we have a storming cup run... we make a serious dash for the playoffs... that's my dream scenario...

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:27 pm

Spend a week or so to appoint a new man. If the likes of Malky and Steve Clarke aren't interested then I wouldn't be averse to Warnock. Just anybody with a bit of experience and who knows what they're doing. If we're completely broke give it to Lennie Lawrence.

Then everybody has 18/19 games to prove themselves. If they fail again under a third manager (one who hopefully isn't a clueless rookie chancer), then it definitely is time to get rid in the summer.

I just cannot believe that these players are playing to their true abilities. They have all done too much throughout their careers to make that the case. I would hate to see us bin off talented players like Lee and Eagles for Championship cloggers without giving them a chance under somebody who resembles an actual football manager.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:33 pm

We might be able to get Terry Connor in quite cheap.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:39 pm

Tombwfc wrote:Spend a week or so to appoint a new man. If the likes of Malky and Steve Clarke aren't interested then I wouldn't be averse to Warnock. Just anybody with a bit of experience and who knows what they're doing. If we're completely broke give it to Lennie Lawrence.

Then everybody has 18/19 games to prove themselves. If they fail again under a third manager (one who hopefully isn't a clueless rookie chancer), then it definitely is time to get rid in the summer.

I just cannot believe that these players are playing to their true abilities. They have all done too much throughout their careers to make that the case. I would hate to see us bin off talented players like Lee and Eagles for Championship cloggers without giving them a chance under somebody who resembles an actual football manager.
Totally agree

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:39 pm

Tombwfc wrote:then I wouldn't be averse to Warnock.
Agreed. Don't like the guy and his teams are usually a bunch of cynical tw*ts but he does know how to get the best out of teams at this level.

Not that Warnock would ever feature in a 'dream scenario'. As Gareth in the office said "Two Lesbians, Sister's preferably!"
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:41 pm

:mrgreen:

Will there ever be a boy born who can swim faster than a Shark?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:42 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tombwfc wrote:then I wouldn't be averse to Warnock.
Agreed. Don't like the guy and his teams are usually a bunch of cynical tw*ts but he does know how to get the best out of teams at this level.

Not that Warnock would ever feature in a 'dream scenario'. As Gareth in the office said "Two Lesbians, Sister's preferably!"
It would be amusing to watch what Neil Warnock would do with the likes of Ngog, Eagles and Lee.

But to be honest I can't see him wanting the job......but it would be amusing I reckon....

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:23 pm

I bet he'd take it, he must be bored of that tiresome sychophant Alan Brazil every morning by now.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:43 pm

As I successfully went the whole of yesterday without mentioning his name (although I hinted at it) I think Adrian Boothroyd should be manager and I should be head of recruitment - it would be perfect actually it would be a shambles.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:39 pm

HMX wrote:
Tombwfc wrote:Spend a week or so to appoint a new man. If the likes of Malky and Steve Clarke aren't interested then I wouldn't be averse to Warnock. Just anybody with a bit of experience and who knows what they're doing. If we're completely broke give it to Lennie Lawrence.

Totally agree
+1 here
Pfffft.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:07 pm

Dream scenario us simple ... DF exits. if possible with no compensation. if need be I'll take him out. I'm ready to take-one for the team.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

bedwetter2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bedwetter2 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:39 pm

William the White wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:Bring soem of the kids through. It can't be any worse than what we have to watch now.
I've just had a look ast the PL U-21 table.

We are 10th. Have won 4 out of 11. And have a plus 1 goal diff.

Is this strong enough evidence that a significant number of kids are ready to step up?

West Ham tried it in the cup fixture against Forest and they were top of this table at the time. And got caned.

I don't have a dream scenario that's practical. My dreams are brighter than I'd have any right to expect in the current circs. But I want no more novice or near-novice managers.
No, it's not strong evidence for a significant number of younger players. However, you are ignoring the elephant in the boardroom. ED is likely to be just about spent up and the FFP rules will stop any significant investment, whatever it's source, in the first team whether you or I like it. I say it is inevitable that some of the younger development squad players will come in and more importantly play rather than get splinters.

Players such as Clough, Bolger, etc., may not be ready. They may never be ready/good enough but there is only one way to find out. I suspect next season may be shit or bust and some players will swim while others will sink.

I would like some preparation for that scenario and so would like the club to clear the decks as much as possible and get someone in who really can create a team rather than a disparate group of individuals. Gartside has to go and so has virtually everyone else tainted with failure. An appropriate level of recompense for a Chairman at our turnover and level of loss is less than half that which Gartside receives.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:30 pm

Tombwfc wrote:If we're completely broke give it to Lennie Lawrence.
If Lennie Lawrence's presence here was worth a single stroke of a wank then he'd be advising young Douglas as to where he's going wrong. Clearly he isn't/can't and he's just another one utterly useless passenger aboard the BWFC gravy train.
May the bridges I burn light your way

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:31 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tombwfc wrote:If we're completely broke give it to Lennie Lawrence.
If Lennie Lawrence's presence here was worth a single stroke of a wank then he'd be advising young Douglas as to where he's going wrong. Clearly he isn't/can't and he's just another one utterly useless passenger aboard the BWFC gravy train.
I agree, but at the same time it would be very interesting to see him in caretaker charge for a few games to see what he'd do and give an indication of how much influence he has. Not that I'm advocating it,