Phew! David Ngog Signs For Swansea

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

tonymikejoe
Hopeful
Hopeful

Phew! David Ngog Signs For Swansea

Post by tonymikejoe » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:53 pm

Goal shy Bolton striker David Ngog has somehow pulled off a move to a Premiership club. Wow!
This is the same player who scored 19 goals in 94 Liverpool appearances and 16 goals for Bolton since 2011.
I bet every footballer in the country will want his agent for achieving such a move.

Ngog told reporters after the announcement: 'It was not a surprise for me, it's a good opportunity for me to join a good club in the Premier League showing interest in me.
'I was really pleased to get the chance, I thought about it and decided to sign here.
'I was a part of Bolton, I was not talking to any other clubs but as a player you want to play in the Premier League and that is why I made the decision.'

Great quote from observer Dave Sims from Bedford: 'Not so much a 20 goal a season striker, more a 20 goal a career striker......if he plays till he's about 50'.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Phew! David Ngog Signs For Swansea

Post by SmokinFrazier » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:07 am

He'll never be a goalscorer but it's a shame he's gone because I think he'll develop into a good player in the next few years if he gets enough game time. There's a chance his career could stagnate at Swansea considering he'll be behind Bony and Michu in the pecking order but hopefully it works out for him. He's a frustrating player to watch but he's got potential.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:15 am

Good. Bye.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:16 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Good. Bye.
Yep but not a good buy.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:17 am

I thought that once SF. A good while ago. Now I think he's gutless, lacks mental strength and will be a perennial underachiever.. Might get to stay at Swansea because his training form will make them think they've got something. Then they'll realise that's all he's got.
He's fleeced our club for a fortune and given precious little back. I have no respect for players like him and wish him no success because he doesn't deserve it.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:18 am

Hoboh wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Good. Bye.
Yep but not a good buy.
I think Laudrup is off and thi is a little prank on the next manager.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:30 am

I suspect he will have many a false dawn in his career. Same as with us, short periods when it seems to click .... but always followed by longer ones where it doesn't. When things don't work he'll drop his head.
So we can expect occasional thoughts of "blimey, why didn't he do that with us ... why did we let him go ?". They won't last long.

He & his agent have been maneuvering for an exit since we went down. How can you expect commitment to the cause from sonwho doesn't fancy it.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:18 am

Absolutely chuffed he has gone. Never felt like that about a player leaving before. Workshy hiding cowardly waster.

Swansea forums are piss funny, they've got their fair share of condescending wankers who pretend to have watched loads of football they haven't.

Apparently his lack of goals is due to spending a lot of time on the wing. Erm... He is physical and quick too!

Their fans are wankers. Nothing worse in football for me than smug moralistic wankers. First thing one of them said to a Bolton fan who went on there was 'but do you play the beautiful game the right way?'.

Hope he gets them relegated. He's capable.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:22 am

Prufrock wrote:Absolutely chuffed he has gone. Never felt like that about a player leaving before. Workshy hiding cowardly waster.

Swansea forums are piss funny, they've got their fair share of condescending wankers who pretend to have watched loads of football they haven't.

Apparently his lack of goals is due to spending a lot of time on the wing. Erm... He is physical and quick too!

Their fans are wankers. Nothing worse in football for me than smug moralistic wankers. First thing one of them said to a Bolton fan who went on there was 'but do you play the beautiful game the right way?'.

I've never ever thought of going on another football club's forum... but you've inspired me, I'm off to see how long it takes to get banned :lol:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:33 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Absolutely chuffed he has gone. Never felt like that about a player leaving before. Workshy hiding cowardly waster.

I've never ever thought of going on another football club's forum... but you've inspired me, I'm off to see how long it takes to get banned :lol:
Provide a link so we can read the aftermath

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:50 am

jaffka wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Provide a link so we can read the aftermath
Sorry Jaffka. I wimped out...the forum ain't exactly user friendly. That or I got the wrong forum. I did a search for N'gog and just three posts about a song for N'gog came up - boring as feck. Maybe Pru was on a different forum but Planet Swan isn't much fun at all, and no fun to go trolling on.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:35 am

↑↑↑

"A song for N'Gog" ... excellent. I think we could devise a few. The rhyming options for hunt, hazy and and puceless are not endless, but entirely adequaye. Unlike him.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:45 am

bobo the clown wrote:↑↑↑

"A song for N'Gog" ... excellent. I think we could devise a few. The rhyming options for hunt, hazy and and puceless are not endless, but entirely adequaye. Unlike him.
( I got arrows! :pissed: )
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:46 am

I always thought you could shoehorn Ngog into "Don't Go" by Yazoo.

But that might be too complicated for a terrace chant
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:51 am

I think this should be your personal tagline.. "Bobo: puceless but entirely adequaye!" :D

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:52 am

Here you go... the full forum exchange: (you can find it here - http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/s ... name-is/#7

New song for Ngog or whatever his name is 19:51 - Jan 25 with 574 views dgt73
Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn-Ngog. What you think.

New song for Ngog or whatever his name is on 20:01 - Jan 25 with 535 views bonymine
We don't know his name
We don't know his name
David N'GOG we don't know his name

New song for Ngog or whatever his name is on 20:29 - Jan 25 with 465 views kopperburgjack
Tw@t.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:57 am

Talented lad

Never make it, mind

But then, he's a millionaire so maybe he did 'make it'
Sto ut Serviam

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:17 pm

Andy Waller wrote:

I always thought you could shoehorn Ngog into "Don't Go" by Yazoo.

But that might be too complicated for a terrace chant
I now have an Alison Moyet / Vince Clarke earworm. Thanks for that! :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:20 pm

Prufrock wrote:Absolutely chuffed he has gone. Never felt like that about a player leaving before.
Yeah, pretty much same here. I try not to dislike players but he has come to represent the squad's overpaid gutlessness and refusal to fulfil expectation. Somehow that's worse than players who are simply no longer up to it, or never were. (Name your own suspects here.)

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:26 pm

I agree DSB, more time for Knight for example than Ngog, no matter how useless he is. Not that I want to see him playing for us either, mind.