Abdoulaye's going t'Souk transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: Abdoulaye's going t'Souk transfer thread

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:34 pm

Assuming Tierney comes back fit & well he's first choice LB. DF is right that Baptiste as LB & Ream are not best there, but do we need another ? Baptiste has the chance to play his preferred RB role, though he needs to buck up & I'd not be surprised to see him go in maybe swappsie in another deal. He certainly ended up on the wrong side of Dougie's sulks last season.

Where is Ream going to fit in with Mills, Wheater and Devitte in the mix .... but he's just signed 3 year contract and has a nice, new, shiny player of the season trophy to polish.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:57 pm

As Burnley showed last season, a mean defense will get you very far in the league. Dont concede and score gives you 3 points.

While I am happy with our CB options now, I still believe we are weak on the flanks. We do not have the likes of Hutton or McNaughton in our squad and both full back positions need better options to ensure that our defense is tough as nail next season.

Trotski
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Trotski » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:43 pm

irie Cee Bee wrote:As Burnley showed last season, a mean defense will get you very far in the league. Dont concede and score gives you 3 points.

While I am happy with our CB options now, I still believe we are weak on the flanks. We do not have the likes of Hutton or McNaughton in our squad and both full back positions need better options to ensure that our defense is tough as nail next season.
Surely we've got weaker spots than left back with Tierney coming back? Unless he's not the same player anymore obviously, Chungey-styley.
Oh coitus!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:52 pm

Trotski wrote:
irie Cee Bee wrote:As Burnley showed last season, a mean defense will get you very far in the league. Dont concede and score gives you 3 points.

Surely we've got weaker spots than left back with Tierney coming back? Unless he's not the same player anymore obviously, Chungey-styley.
Such as? Not being argumentative, just wondered what you thought might need doing. The new LB would be competition for Tierney rather than necessarily a replacement.

Obviously we need strikers but we're dancing round with Boro over the Juke, and probably have half an eye on Mason.

In other news, today's BN says (unquoted) that we might go for Leeds utility back Peltier after all, if he can't come to terms with the very notion of representing Blackburn or Forest.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:56 pm

Agreed. We surely to God are strong in midfield. Central Defence & Goalkeeper are OK, Full backs don't worry me IF Tierney returns fit & mentally good. Wings are OK too .... strikers, as you say, we are chasing two who we'd all want given last season's showing.

An extra FB is OK, but I do fear we will have no ambition to bring through anyone from the young group.

Anyway, compare that team with what we had in the Premiership & it's not very satisfactory, but at Championship level it's decent, so long as DF can get them performing. It's really in his hands now.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:28 pm

bobo the clown wrote: I do fear we will have no ambition to bring through anyone from the young group.
I hope he does. One or two looked particularly promising towards the end of last season.
May the bridges I burn light your way

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:44 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:I do fear we will have no ambition to bring through anyone from the young group.
I hope he does. One or two looked particularly promising towards the end of last season.
So do I.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:47 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:I do fear we will have no ambition to bring through anyone from the young group.
So do I.
If he said he won't be then you can be hopeful :wink:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:19 am

it's like having a whole new player! 8)
BN wrote:MEDO Kamara has dealt Wanderers a timely summer boost after he returned to action for the first time since early April.

The midfielder was back training with Sierra Leone ahead of their African Nations Cup qualifier against Swaziland last week – suggesting he has recovered from the serious stomach problem that cut his season short.

Medo’s last outing for Wanderers was on April 8 in the 2-1 victory over Doncaster Rovers.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:33 pm

Serious stomach problem? Thought it was Freedman ostracising one of his own purchases? Cos that's definitely what happens, some bloke said it...

(On a serious note, surely a yellow card for thebish, giving false hope of a signing in these lean times - we haven't had a new player in days)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:43 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Serious stomach problem? Thought it was Freedman ostracising one of his own purchases? Cos that's definitely what happens, some bloke said it...

(On a serious note, surely a yellow card for thebish, giving false hope of a signing in these lean times - we haven't had a new player in days)
Straight red. Way too many liberals on here. 8)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:07 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Serious stomach problem? Thought it was Freedman ostracising one of his own purchases? Cos that's definitely what happens, some bloke said it...
He couldn't stomach Trotter being picked ahead of him
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:03 pm

Who said Medo had been ostracised?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:09 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Who said Medo had been ostracised?
I probably did ... & I'll believe he hasn't when I see it next season.

I also don't see, if the littleSScouser is captain and the manager raves about Trotter so much, that Me do will get the game time he deserves in the early stages at least.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:22 pm

Fair enough. I can't see that something written in the paper is conclusive proof of anything, either way. We'll probably only find out detail like that, as always, when the bossman leaves and they all fall over themselves to say how wonderful the new guy is and how sh*t the old one was. Repeat to fade.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:01 am

bobo the clown wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:Who said Medo had been ostracised?
I probably did ... & I'll believe he hasn't when I see it next season.

I also don't see, if the littleSScouser is captain and the manager raves about Trotter so much, that Me do will get the game time he deserves in the early stages at least.

I think that Medo will be off personally. I like him, but i can't see where he'll fit in next season.

Plus he cost nowt so any cash for him is a bonus...
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:14 am

He cost us about half a million quid didn't he? Personally, I think he's better than both Spearing and Trotter and can't for the life of me figure out why he was so quickly benched
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:15 am

boltonboris wrote:He cost us about half a million quid didn't he? Personally, I think he's better than both Spearing and Trotter and can't for the life of me figure out why he was so quickly benched
Exactly. 100%

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:43 am

bobo the clown wrote:
boltonboris wrote:He cost us about half a million quid didn't he? Personally, I think he's better than both Spearing and Trotter and can't for the life of me figure out why he was so quickly benched
Exactly. 100%
maybe he had a stomach problem.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:33 am

thebish wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
Exactly. 100%
maybe he had a stomach problem.
He remained a regular until Doncaster away, sat on the bench for the visit of Barnsley and wasn't in the squad for the last four games.

For the handful of games I saw last term I made him our best player. I think he's had a stomach problem.