Abdoulaye's going t'Souk transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Abdoulaye's going t'Souk transfer thread

Post by thebish » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:09 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:I'm sure there will be one team who wants a player who gives away possession in dangerous areas with needless and sloppy square passes..... :conf:

in that case you needn't worry - we'll get the offer you are looking for from that team... :D

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:17 am

Thing is Insano, for a long time you have been of the opinion he is totally shit, even when he has been ok. You are blinded by an entrenched opinion about him as part of you shit or ace view. The reality is somewhere between the 2, you just can't see it.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:22 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Thing is Insano, for a long time you have been of the opinion he is totally shit, even when he has been ok. You are blinded by an entrenched opinion about him as part of you shit or ace view. The reality is somewhere between the 2, you just can't see it.
Is he still technically proficient on the ball? Yes. But that isn't enough. He doesn't produce end product and has essentially been a waste of space for us and South Korea.

Now that doesn't mean he's the worst player in the world, but my point is that for what we're paying him and asking him to do (i.e. be the creative player in the side) he hasn't produced for 2 years.

He's living off past reputation in my view and has done for a long time now.

Danns is far, far more effective than him for example, and might not be as "technically good" but who cares it is the end result that matters to us.

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:57 am

Along with the B[M]N announcing Tierney's absence, they imply that Wanderers won't be signing Jutkiewicz - probably the least surprising news since they failed to sign Dawson last season.

Given Cardiff's stockpiling of other strikers, I suppose there's a chance former reserve striker Andy Mason may come back on loan. Although given his non-paired-with-Jutkiewicz performances in the first half of last season, would anyone really want him?

Still, the good news is that it means more opportunities to boo Beckford for not liking being fouled and not running around like a headless chicken (more of the old Wanderers fans "Reeves is better than Philliskirk" belief. Yay!). Maybe if he's booed enough, his confidence could evaporate and he ends up leaving the club on a free after playing 10 games this season? Result.
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:02 am

Puskas wrote:Along with the B[M]N announcing Tierney's absence, they imply that Wanderers won't be signing Jutkiewicz - probably the least surprising news since they failed to sign Dawson last season.

Given Cardiff's stockpiling of other strikers, I suppose there's a chance former reserve striker Andy Mason may come back on loan. Although given his non-paired-with-Jutkiewicz performances in the first half of last season, would anyone really want him?

Still, the good news is that it means more opportunities to boo Beckford for not liking being fouled and not running around like a headless chicken (more of the old Wanderers fans "Reeves is better than Philliskirk" belief. Yay!). Maybe if he's booed enough, his confidence could evaporate and he ends up leaving the club on a free after playing 10 games this season? Result.
You talk like Beckford is a great player. He's average, and if he worked a bit harder would be much easier to overlook his shortcomings, like his first touch and general control.....there is no reason on this earth that he shouldn't put the same workrate in that Jutkiewicz did. No reason at all.

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:28 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
You talk like Beckford is a great player.
No I don't. But don't let the real world interfere with your booing.

I'm merely bemused by the abuse he gets when far worse players (I'm looking at you, Kevin Davies) seem to be idolised.

But, given that, I still think it's a positive overall - there isn't enough booing of the team that goes on. As I've always said, anyone can boo the team when they play badly - it takes a real fan to boo them when they play well.
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:35 am

Puskas wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
You talk like Beckford is a great player.
No I don't. But don't let the real world interfere with your booing.

I'm merely bemused by the abuse he gets when far worse players (I'm looking at you, Kevin Davies) seem to be idolised.

But, given that, I still think it's a positive overall - there isn't enough booing of the team that goes on. As I've always said, anyone can boo the team when they play badly - it takes a real fan to boo them when they play well.
Well perhaps you're on a fishing trip, I don't know...

Davies was a part of a team that finished in the top 10 4 seasons in a row then as manager and stars departed it was really Davies' performances that kept us in the top flight for a few seasons after that. Yes we kept him too long after that when he could no longer maintain that performance and was very poor in his last two seasons here as his ability waned with age.

But Beckford is a long way short of the impact Davies had. Well he's not even on the same planet in those terms. If you don't put the effort in, it is hard to make friends with the fans unless you're brilliant. Way I see it Beckford could certainly do with pulling his finger out.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:38 pm

Back to Chungy, he looked poor in the but if his first match I saw, was dreadful against Algeria but I thought he looked good last night. As for his BWFC performances I'm generally with the insane one, he's been poor for a long time.
I'm hoping (folornly I expect) that we get a big fat wedge for him this summer and he goes on to do well elsewhere, because I like the guy but his career is stagnating with us and he's not pulling his weight.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:40 pm

LeverEnd wrote: he looked poor in the but if his first match I saw
You're going to have to translate that into Derbyshire for me
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:42 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
'Bit of' not 'but if'. Sorry, borrowed Bobo's phone.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:45 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
'Bit of' not 'but if'. Sorry, borrowed Bobo's phone.
Ah!, It passeth the language barrier now. (My commiserations on your recent Bobo's phone syndrome - it doesn't half itch.)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:22 am

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... _/?ref=mac" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

New left back on Dougie's radar?
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

newcarsmell
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by newcarsmell » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:51 am

Link don't work for me but I'll guess this is another one from CP reserves ... am I right ?

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:53 am

newcarsmell wrote:Link don't work for me but I'll guess this is another one from CP reserves ... am I right ?
Jonathan Parr who has just been released by Palace. Dougie signed him when he was their manager.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:59 pm

Parr was signed for £300,000 at Selhurst Park by Freedman and won the Eagles’ player-of-the-season award in his first campaign in English football.

He was a major part of the Palace team that gained promotion to the Premier League the following season and also played 15 times in the top flight but fell out of favour with Tony Puils after picking up an injury in January and left the club in May.
he has 10 caps for Norway...

s'about time we regained a Scandinavian contingent!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:09 pm

We've been looking for a decent left back since Henrik Pedersen left. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:14 pm

newcarsmell wrote:Link don't work for me but I'll guess this is another one from CP reserves ... am I right ?
Sounds like a decent player to me.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:19 pm

thebish wrote:
Parr was signed for £300,000 at Selhurst Park by Freedman and won the Eagles’ player-of-the-season award in his first campaign in English football.

He was a major part of the Palace team that gained promotion to the Premier League the following season and also played 15 times in the top flight but fell out of favour with Tony Puils after picking up an injury in January and left the club in May.
he has 10 caps for Norway...

s'about time we regained a Scandinavian contingent!
That sounds like a pretty decent cv and well worth a punt on a free
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:28 pm

thebish wrote: s'about time we regained a Scandinavian contingent!
Christian Wilhelmsson, Daniel Braaten and Johan Elmander Like This: Image
May the bridges I burn light your way

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:14 am

Moritz to Cyprus?

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... _/?ref=mac" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion