Abdoulaye's going t'Souk transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Abdoulaye's going t'Souk transfer thread

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:53 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:If they do like, I wonder which championship club will have poor Marvin on their bench this season?
Burnley will be looking to palm him off on a Championship club with a dearth of strikers. Preferably one fairly nearby so he doesn't have to move house.

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:14 pm

http://observer.gm/africa/gambia/articl ... r-on-trial" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gambian take on the lad, Modou Barrow who is at present with the squad in Denmark.
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:15 pm

Riviman wrote:http://observer.gm/africa/gambia/articl ... r-on-trial

Gambian take on the lad, Modou Barrow who is at present with the squad in Denmark.
I think Iles said on Twitter that he's left. Is he coming back?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:33 pm

Jutkiewicz gone to Burnley. We wouldn't stump up the cash. Just looked on twitter both Nixon and Iles laying into the club 'let Freedman down' seems to be the line.

I don't know. If you haven't got the money you haven't got it.

But I think thoughts of promotion being the target go out the window. If you can't pay £1.5M for a striker you know works in your team, having just shifted one for 500K, you are just hoping for the best rather than really giving yourself a chance.

Another tough season beckons and I'm sure there will be plenty of Dougie out calls on here. But he and his staff will be here for the duration of their contracts at least, that much is clear.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:07 pm

Maybe he'll walk after this.

"Always Hopeful" .... as the saying goes !!

Lose one for £500k. Shift another bunch, cut a load of salaries .... and know who you want and still not be allowed the margin .... mmmm
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:15 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Maybe he'll walk after this.

Lose one for £500k. Shift another bunch, cut a load of salaries .... and know who you want and still not be allowed the margin .... mmmm
Aye this isn't a case of one more expensive singing. Clearly he was the only target and clearly Dougie expected to get him, hence the clearing of big earners and selling of Sordell.

Also it isn't as big a risk given he was already proven here.

I'm not worried that we didn't get him, stuff happens. Worried that we made no attempt when it came to it.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:17 pm

We were never gonna compete with a premier league club. Blame who you want but dougie has to have a back up, a plan B, or he goes into the megson 'go with what we've got' mould.

Odd signing for burnley though.

Always hopeful
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Always hopeful » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:20 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Maybe he'll walk after this.

Eh......what.......errrrr.........can I help??????
Hope is what keeps us going.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:20 pm

officer_dibble wrote:We were never gonna compete with a premier league club. Blame who you want but dougie has to have a back up, a plan B, or he goes into the megson 'go with what we've got' mould.

We didn't bid. By all accounts Freedman had done what was asked to create room for a bid for Juke. But it never came.

Rocky times.

I don't see where we are getting a striker who offers what we need if we aren't spending money. Frees have gone now.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:24 pm

We'll be in for Joe Mason again.

feck it, Burnley bid 2.25 million with add ons. Selling Sordell for 500k wasn't going to even get close.

Hopefully he'll start the season on the bench and we'll loan him in January. Then maybe sign him when we go up! ;) Juke that is.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:28 pm

DJBlu wrote:We'll be in for Joe Mason again.

feck it, Burnley bid 2.25 million with add ons. Selling Sordell for 500k wasn't going to even get close.

Hopefully he'll start the season on the bench and we'll loan him in January. Then maybe sign him when we go up! ;) Juke that is.
Aye and Joe Mason looked very good before Juke came in.....

Reality check, Mason is more expensive than Juke, he ain't coming in a month of Sundays, unless Cardiff fancy another loan.

Iles and Nixon both saying fee is £1.5M for Juke. Iles is out there and in contact with Freedman who was told the fee by Boro themselves so I suspect they are spot on.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:31 pm

Sigh......Basket to carry water.

Anyway, it would be bad planning on DF's part if there was no plan B. There must be one.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:38 pm

I don't get people banging in about plan Bl Plan B is mid table at best next season.

There was a chance to get a striker we knew worked here, one who by all accounts even stalled over his deal at Burnley hoping we'd come in. A striker who had the right things in his game.

Half the championship were chasing him because he was one of the few strikers of his type available for a relatively reasonable fee.

There aren't loads of other options. And those there are will now have, those championship clubs all after them driving the prices up. And we will be far less attractive than we were to a player who knew he liked it here.

We didn't have the money.

But we can't turn water into wine either.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:42 pm

Somebody has got their knickers in a twist.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:51 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:We were never gonna compete with a premier league club. Blame who you want but dougie has to have a back up, a plan B, or he goes into the megson 'go with what we've got' mould.

We didn't bid. By all accounts Freedman had done what was asked to create room for a bid for Juke. But it never came.

Rocky times.

I don't see where we are getting a striker who offers what we need if we aren't spending money. Frees have gone now.
Vokes cost the banjo players 350k, Ings £1m - 41 goals, £1.5m.

So far he's signed Moxey, Dervite, Danns, Feeney, Fitzsimmons, Robinson, Trotter and MacNaughton on loan.

That's 8 players and no strikers. He needs to get a fcuking grip.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:02 pm

↑↑↑↑ Yay
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:03 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Rocky times.

So far he's signed Moxey, Dervite, Danns, Feeney, Fitzsimmons, Robinson, Trotter and MacNaughton on loan.

Or you want to read what is actually being said. Clearly Freedman was told we would bid for LJ. No bid happened. He hasn't spent a penny this window. In fact he's made a profit. If the club aren't spending anything then they aren't. But our local journalist who never ever goes against the club line is even saying Freedman has been let down.

No point listing how much previous players cost. Especially when the Burnley pair cost the same as would have been needed to get Juke. Clearly we ain't spending that.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:15 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Rocky times.

Or you want to read what is actually being said. Clearly Freedman was told we would bid for LJ. No bid happened. He hasn't spent a penny this window. In fact he's made a profit. If the club aren't spending anything then they aren't. But our local journalist who never ever goes against the club line is even saying Freedman has been let down.

No point listing how much previous players cost. Especially when the Burnley pair cost the same as would have been needed to get Juke. Clearly we ain't spending that.
The point I'm making is that a striker that got 20 goals cost £350k. Glenn Murray who Freedman signed for nowt bagged 30, the season before last.

So the point is, if he can't buy them he's going to have to look elsewhere for frees and loans, unless Cravies and Beckford start banging them in (both of whom he bought, just as a reminder, in case you forgot) - and I'm sure he could sell for the £1.5m he paid for them if he wanted - honest.

There's 30 with Championship experience on the PFA website, for starters...

http://www.thepfa.com/transferlist/list ... ionship/1/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just to answer your "I don't see where we're getting a striker from"...He obviously took a punt on that Ghanaian - so maybe he's trying.

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:29 pm

Let's face it - no one but the utterly naive really thought the Pole was coming back. He's this season's Dawson. There was never any intention of bidding for him. And if we knew this here, obviously Freedman, who knows far more about the internals of the club knew it. He was going through the motions, selling the party line.

So he'll bring in a few on loan. Probably one will do well. There'll be a clamour to sign him next summer. Freedman will say how much he wants him. There will be no bid.

Repeat for as long as anyone still cares.
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:01 am

I think we were always hoping to get him for less than that. He did well and a Prem club surprised everyone by coming in for a player who has a patchy record even at championship level. He'll do nothing in the Prem, but nor will Burnley.
Trying to make myself feel better about this, it's not working.