Lukas Jutkiewicz

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Re: Lukas Jutkiewicz

Post by jaffka » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:35 pm

He is doing well and let's hope it continues.

Pointless comparing him with players gone. Live in the present.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:37 pm

TANGODANCER wrote: One thing's for pretty sure; nobody will last ten years here ever again
Yeah, OK. You know this. Care to share how?
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:46 pm

LeverEnd wrote:He could be dougies new Glenn Murray! As said earlier, mdny a jobbing journeyman finally finds a home.
I get what you're saying, but he is still just 24. Journeyman is a little early I think.

Amazing really that Boro didn't need him.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:53 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote: One thing's for pretty sure; nobody will last ten years here ever again
It's called my opinion. I didn't think I needed to state that. It's a view based on our precarious financial situation, the fact that very few get long term contracts outside of the money clubs and players staying fit for that long. You don't agree, no problem.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:10 am

There was a lot today that was reminiscent of SKD at his best. A division below. Top performance. Long way to go.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:38 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:He could be dougies new Glenn Murray! As said earlier, mdny a jobbing journeyman finally finds a home.
I get what you're saying, but he is still just 24. Journeyman is a little early I think.

Especially when Boro haven't scored in 6 games.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:52 pm

enrdentw wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Especially when Boro haven't scored in 6 games.
Does anyone know if they can recall him before the loan is up? They're desperate for a goal and he's scored as many for us as they've managed in their last nine games.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:19 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

I'm sure I heard it said on Maniche that Boro haven't scored for 10 & 1/2 hours. Hope they don't have a recall option.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:20 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
It's called my opinion. I didn't think I needed to state that. It's a view based on our precarious financial situation, the fact that very few get long term contracts outside of the money clubs and players staying fit for that long. You don't agree, no problem.
So not for pretty sure then. Glad we cleared that up. ;)

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:32 pm

Speaking of Kevin Davies, when did he start commentating on games? He's not a bad commentator, I don't think. He comes across well.

SOTWA

Post by SOTWA » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:36 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:Speaking of Kevin Davies, when did he start commentating on games? He's not a bad commentator, I don't think. He comes across well.
He came across really well. What's more he seemed to have done his pre game homework. Then again if Lawenson can get a wage packet doing it......

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:43 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:Speaking of Kevin Davies, when did he start commentating on games? He's not a bad commentator, I don't think. He comes across well.
Didn't know he had, but it doesn't surprise me. He's a chilled guy that speaks clearly and rationally. Who's he been commentating for? I'm just utterly perplexed as to how that guttural Scouse annoyance Jamie Carragher's got a gig in TV media.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:08 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Didn't know he had, but it doesn't surprise me. He's a chilled guy that speaks clearly and rationally. Who's he been commentating for? I'm just utterly perplexed as to how that guttural Scouse annoyance Jamie Carragher's got a gig in TV media.
He was just commentating on Sampdoria/Milan on BT. He showed plenty of knowledge about the players, I thought, even though it's not a league many ex-professionals would be well up on. Hopefully he can get a more regularly spot when he finishes his playing career because he'd be an improvement on most commentators or, as you said, the likes of Carragher.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:38 pm

Good job he's not an ex pro then ;)

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:45 pm

For me, he's doing what Ngog should have been doing for the size of him. Winning headers, scoring headers (I barely recall Ngog heading the ball, never mind scoring with his head), holding the ball up, taking players on, creating space. Fantastic. I remember the Coventry fans loved him when he was down there, but things just didn't work out at 'boro.

The funny thing is two weeks ago we were bemoaning how 3 of our strikers out on loan were scoring. Now Cardiff and 'boro fans might be a bit miffed to see their striker's out on loan and scoring. Particularly 'boro fans. 3 goals now, and all they got was a drab 0-0 with Leeds yesterday. It's definitely true that some players just can't settle at certain clubs.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:02 pm

how many "they sacked me on my burfday !!" digs did he get in ?

i'm guessing at least three.

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:05 pm

As my grandad used to say; every striker has one great season. They find a club and it just clicks. We've had a few in times past, hopefully the Jut may have found his home.................

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:09 pm

Il Pirate wrote:As my grandad used to say; every striker has one great season. They find a club and it just clicks. We've had a few in times past, hopefully the Jut may have found his home.................
Not if he keeps scoring and increasing his price :lol:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:38 am

LeverEnd wrote:He could be dougies new Glenn Murray! As said earlier, mdny a jobbing journwiczan jinally fincxds a hutkiex.
Very apt. :wink:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

m_taylor
Promising
Promising

Post by m_taylor » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:31 pm

He is like an English, Championship version of Giroud!!