The other dingles

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: The other dingles

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:58 am

Worthy4England wrote:I think out of all the mysterious "benchings", I've found Danns the most difficult to explain. Really can't understand it at all.
It's simple Worthy. Dougie can't risk members of The Wanderer site being able to pick a team or a system that makes sense. He'd be out of a job in no time. Everybody here knows the team they'd like to see on Saturday; what's the betting on them doing that? :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:04 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
gavlat2872 wrote:
Andy Waller wrote:Does anyone else get the feeling he's going to go with entirely a different set up, to try to prove that the two up front wasn't the reason we beat Watford?
im thinking exactly the same mate, i would love it if he actually played the same team. However, i reckon i'll be slightly dissapointed when i see the lineup
Which woukd be his 'Wigan moment'.

It'd be like Groundhog Day.

Still, let's not condemn him till he actually does it.

& hey ..... ↑↑↑↑ .... you two, stop with the semi-quotes already. That's just so unfair.
I'm sorry I could only manage a semi Bobo.. It doesn't usually happen..
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

danhorwich
Promising
Promising

Post by danhorwich » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:45 pm

Andy Waller wrote:Does anyone else get the feeling he's going to go with entirely a different set up, to try to prove that the two up front wasn't the reason we beat Watford?
Yeah, also I think he will be fearful of losing a local derby.
"Oh f**k off you daft southern c**t"

gavlat2872
Promising
Promising

Post by gavlat2872 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:55 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
gavlat2872 wrote:
im thinking exactly the same mate, i would love it if he actually played the same team. However, i reckon i'll be slightly dissapointed when i see the lineup

& hey ..... ↑↑↑↑ .... you two, stop with the semi-quotes already. That's just so unfair.
sorry bobo, but not guilty with the "semi quotes" i was merely airing my potential feelings come 3pm saturday. Not even a whiff of a semi

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:29 pm

gavlat2872 wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
gavlat2872 wrote:

sorry bobo, but not guilty with the "semi quotes" i was merely airing my potential feelings come 3pm saturday. Not even a whiff of a semi
Is there usually a whiff when you air your semi?

gavlat2872
Promising
Promising

Post by gavlat2872 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:39 pm

Andy Waller wrote:
gavlat2872 wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
gavlat2872 wrote:

Is there usually a whiff when you air your semi?
i think we may of digressed :lol:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:23 am

Shit. Bring out the Dray Horse. Mills is injured after all. :roll:
May the bridges I burn light your way

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:48 am

I am going to try and fit this game into moving house this weekend. The other half just doesn't know it yet :lol:

I am becoming another Wanderer living in pie land this weekend :(

As for the game.. I expect Blackburn to get a couple with Knight/Wheater in central defence so will go for 2-2.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:01 am

ChrisC wrote:I am going to try and fit this game into moving house this weekend. The other half just doesn't know it yet :lol:

As for the game.. I expect Blackburn to get a couple with Knight/Wheater in central defence so will go for 2-2.
There will need to be something you have to buy for the new house that isn't already there - maybe a mounting bracket for a telly or something. They're only available in certain shops because it's a model CX11FG-12. You should then just nip out and buy it....

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:03 am

Worthy4England wrote:
ChrisC wrote:I am going to try and fit this game into moving house this weekend. The other half just doesn't know it yet :lol:

There will need to be something you have to buy for the new house that isn't already there - maybe a mounting bracket for a telly or something. They're only available in certain shops because it's a model CX11FG-12. You should then just nip out and buy it....
:lol: Thanks for that Worthy ;)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:14 am

ChrisC wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

It's incredible how absolutely any gizmos that Worthy ever has to nip out for are only available exclusively from the Yew Tree :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:44 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Shit. Bring out the Dray Horse. Mills is injured after all. :roll:
Hmm... very arm's-length, that...
It is understood the centre-half, who pulled up late in the impressive 2-0 victory over Watford, will miss Saturday’s Reebok clash with local rivals Blackburn Rovers.

It is feared Mills has suffered a minor knee problem, although the club are yet to comment officially on the exact nature or extent of the injury.
ae:)

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:56 pm

He's cut his knee on a bit of dry grass, so we'll teach him how to run differently and see how he gets on next season
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:56 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

It's incredible how absolutely any gizmos that Worthy ever has to nip out for are only available exclusively from the Yew Tree :D
It's worse than that these days - what with the Yew Tree being shut and "under offer" from a potential buyer. I sometimes have to visit a number of places to find the right model/type/advice nowadays. It can take forever. :-)

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:27 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Shit. Bring out the Dray Horse. Mills is injured after all. :roll:
It is understood the centre-half, who pulled up late in the impressive 2-0 victory over Watford, will miss Saturday’s Reebok clash with local rivals Blackburn Rovers.

It is feared Mills has suffered a minor knee problem, although the club are yet to comment officially on the exact nature or extent of the injury.
not to be some pseudo-expert here, but I've just had a week or so off after an arthroscopy and they found I'd damaged my ACL as well as tearing my cartilage.

I've read up about it in great detail as I've had a lot of time sat on my arse with my feet up and I've been chatting to my physio about knee related injuries.

The ACL goes a lot in situations like Mills had and the best recommendation is to get you off the pitch asap. You won't feel any swelling or pain until you "calm down".

I buggered mine by playing on when I shouldn't have.

I reckon it's a lot worse than first expected.

I'm Ewan Simpson and I claim my £5.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:16 pm

Andy Waller wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:

not to be some pseudo-expert here, but I've just had a week or so off after an arthroscopy and they found I'd damaged my ACL as well as tearing my cartilage.

I've read up about it in great detail as I've had a lot of time sat on my arse with my feet up and I've been chatting to my physio about knee related injuries.

The ACL goes a lot in situations like Mills had and the best recommendation is to get you off the pitch asap. You won't feel any swelling or pain until you "calm down".

I buggered mine by playing on when I shouldn't have.

I reckon it's a lot worse than first expected.

I'm Ewan Simpson and I claim my £5.
Yep as I understand it you can damage cruciate ligaments without feeling pain, or even knowing it, other than a strange feeling in the knee.

It isn't sounding massively positive when the club aren't commenting. Or perhaps with all the stuff we've had over the past few years it just feels that way and we're all fretting over a few weeks on the sidelines for the lad.....

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:59 pm

The club will be quiet about Mills until after the game when , if we lose, DF will announce, "We had Mills on the treatment table which left us at a great disadvantage 8) ." And if we win. "The team did it for Mills who is an inspiration." 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:06 pm

Gravedigger wrote:The club will be quiet about Mills until after the game when , if we lose, DF will announce, "We had Mills on the treatment table which left us at a great disadvantage 8) ." And if we win. "The team did it for Mills who is an inspiration." 8)
Or..: "Unfortunately, circumstances forced me to change a winning side, something I didn't want to do" .....or..

"I'd picked my team in advance and planned the changes carefully. Certain sides need to be handled differently and since I showed the team how to defend a lead things have been much better". :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

danhorwich
Promising
Promising

Post by danhorwich » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:50 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Gravedigger wrote:The club will be quiet about Mills until after the game when , if we lose, DF will announce, "We had Mills on the treatment table which left us at a great disadvantage 8) ." And if we win. "The team did it for Mills who is an inspiration." 8)
Or..: "Unfortunately, circumstances forced me to change a winning side, something I didn't want to do" .....or..

"I'd picked my team in advance and planned the changes carefully. Certain sides need to be handled differently and since I showed the team how to defend a lead things have been much better". :wink:
:lol: , Tango's quotes sound better.
"Oh f**k off you daft southern c**t"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:53 pm

boltonboris wrote:
He's cut his knee on a bit of dry grass, so we'll teach him how to run differently and see how he gets on next season
Is that a quote Boris ?? :wink:
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".