The wild wild west! - Yeovil away 22/03/14

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

elhadj
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: The wild wild west! - Yeovil away 22/03/14

Post by elhadj » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:38 pm

dougie put trotter in attacking midfielder position or in right midfielder or left midfielder and that doesn't work well because trotter is a central midfielder or defensive midfielder , dougie put him out of his position that is why for me he is useless .

danhorwich
Promising
Promising

Post by danhorwich » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:57 pm

danhorwich wrote:
danhorwich wrote:From the football ground guide -

"There are a couple of pubs within about 10-15 minutes walk of the ground; 'The Arrow' and 'The Airfield Tavern' (formerly 'Brewsters', which according to Stephen Pugsley also has a handy fish and chip shop next door called Palmers). Richard Reardon a visiting Carlisle fan adds; 'The Arrow is only 10-15 minutes walk away. The weather was excellent so most of our substantial following sat outside at a number of picnic tables. Not a wide choice of beers but one real ale available. Both sets of supporters mixed well and Sky TV. Police presence outside but it was all very friendly'. Rob Laight a visiting Birmingham City fan informs me; 'As we were early for the game we drove to the Arrow and parked in their large car park and then decided to leave our car there during the match. The Arrow is a great pub to visit, very friendly and the home supporters were easy to talk to. Incidentally, The Arrow serves excellent food at prices that were easily lower than any local chippy'.

To find this pub, from the ground car park, walk back up the road past the ground to the top of it and turn right. At the end of this road, turn left onto the main road and after a short distance take the first right. Go straight down this road through the new looking residential area and after about ten minutes of walking, you will see a clearing on your right and just beyond this there are some shops and the Arrow pub in the middle."

Sounds like the Arrow is the best bet, it as cheap as anyway I have seen, its got sky. it has 77% 4 or 5 * reviews and not a single review of less than 2 *s

Both pubs are within reasonable proximity to the ground but the airfield tavern had had lots of negative reviews with 44% giving it 1* out of 5 and is more of a restaurant than a pub, you have to wait for a waitress to seat you, ask if you want drinks(this process takes 2o mins apparently),the wait for waitress to ask if you want food, you could be there for 45 mins and not even have any food!

So basically the Arrow sounds like the best bet.

On the advice of one of our Devon residents (Devon White) we are now going top be meeting in the Bell Inn due to its wide selection of ales. The Bell Inn is on Preston road which is the main road leading from the A37 towards the football ground, it is also almost mid point between the ground and the station and will save wandering around on an estate looking for the Arrow. Myself, Bristol Wanderer, Devon White, HMX, MaxJMay and another forum member (who's name I will not disclose until his say so) will be in there.
The other member is the Bish himself BTW and he will be conducting one of his sermons from approximately 11:45.
"Oh f**k off you daft southern c**t"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:42 pm

danhorwich wrote:
Dougie'sEleven wrote:Tickets received - Dartisan and I will be in the terrace section too.
Are any of the other cockneys going with you DE. I would have thought at 1 of Pru, Kinty and Mummy would be up for this one?
I'm up north for my mither's birthday I'm afraid, or I'd be there.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:32 pm

Prufrock wrote:
danhorwich wrote:
Dougie'sEleven wrote:Tickets received - Dartisan and I will be in the terrace section too.
Are any of the other cockneys going with you DE. I would have thought at 1 of Pru, Kinty and Mummy would be up for this one?
Not sure (except for Pru, now, given he's declared he's out). Mother's birthday? Poor excuse. :wink:

Hope the others can make it though. Although they, like me, might whince at being called a cockney! :shock:

Looking forward to this one.
Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:06 pm

Prufrock wrote:
danhorwich wrote:
Now, had you said - I'll be with my Uncle Bruce at the Stiff Little Fingers gig in Manny.......... :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:24 pm

Change of plan, never liked my mum anyway :D!

Jell.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Devon White
Promising
Promising

Post by Devon White » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:16 pm

Prufrock wrote:Change of plan, never liked my mum anyway :D!

Jell.
:lol: shocking, made me chuckle though

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:57 pm

Anyway .... to start ; Danns, Trotter or Hall ???

In case you're unsure one would have me satisfied, one have me reach for the bottle and one have me reach for the shogun.

Though I guess he's quite capable of starting none of them.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Devon White
Promising
Promising

Post by Devon White » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:01 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Anyway .... to start ; Danns, Trotter or Hall ???

In case you're unsure one would have me satisfied, one have me reach for the bottle and one have me reach for the shogun.

No brainer for me bobo,
Danns

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:23 pm

Why can't he start two of them? Or even all three?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:28 pm

↑↑↑↑ Finally. I know. You ARE actually crackers.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

danhorwich
Promising
Promising

Post by danhorwich » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:32 pm

Devon White wrote:

No brainer for me bobo,
Danns
Trotter for me, as long as Dougie starts C.Y.L so I can see you get agitated every time he touches the ball.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:34 pm

bobo the clown wrote:↑↑↑↑ Finally. I know. You ARE actually crackers.
Why? Depends who is fit and who isn't.

Trotter and Danns could comfortably play together in the same midfield. It isn't an either/or necessarily.

danhorwich
Promising
Promising

Post by danhorwich » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:37 pm

Dougie'sEleven wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
danhorwich wrote:
Not sure (except for Pru, now, given he's declared he's out). Mother's birthday? Poor excuse. :wink:

Hope the others can make it though. Although they, like me, might whince at being called a cockney! :shock:

Looking forward to this one.
Mummy sounds even less northern than me - at least I slip into this Boltonian - Manc hybrid sometimes, Kinty is the same he still sounds sort of northern, Pru sounds most northern of the three. I will agree not to call any of them cockneys ever again if no one ever calls me southern again.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:42 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:↑↑↑↑ Finally. I know. You ARE actually crackers.
Why? Depends who is fit and who isn't.
It really doesn't.
It depends on which names were drawn out of Lennie Lawrence's flat cap on the 8th of February.
Businesswoman of the year.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:47 pm

I know that Trotter would look exceptionally slow and immobile alongside Danns.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:02 pm

What seems to be missing from our midfield is a general. Somebody who actually wants the ball, finds space to take it and then does something constructive with it. Who's nearest to that description out of what we have?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:12 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:What seems to be missing from our midfield is a general. Somebody who actually wants the ball, finds space to take it and then does something constructive with it. Who's nearest to that description out of what we have?
Mark Davies.....

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:27 pm

Spearing is that for me when on form, Mavies more of a dashing cavalier, to continue with the military metaphor.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:53 pm

LeverEnd wrote:Spearing is that for me when on form, Mavies more of a dashing cavalier, to continue with the military metaphor.
Spearing is a ball winner, nowhere near the play making midfield player TD was describing.

The only player capable of taking the ball and creating space is MD. And as you say it isn't entirely his game, but he's closest I'd say.