The wild wild west! - Yeovil away 22/03/14

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Re: The wild wild west! - Yeovil away 22/03/14

Post by jaffka » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:20 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:Two nil down, pull back to 2-2 with ten men, you take a point away from home. I can just imagine the grief DF would have got if we had conceded a late goal. I'm happy with a point.
It's not the fact he went for a point, it's the fact he killed the momentum with the substitution. Juke missed a chance which was the 2nd in 1-2mins, he then drags him off for a defender.

Yeovil then went for it and with better strikers would have got the 3rd maybe 4th.

It seems he isn't aware of how the game is shaping.
That's because he knows how to control the game without the ball.

I think Duggie is Youri Geller in disguise.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:22 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Total disaster avoided I guess. Coming back from 2-0 down at half time and for some with ten men at least shows some bottle is still there somewhere.
There is no irony in there at at all is there?
Yeovil, ffs. Y E O V I L, hardly feckin Bayern Feckin Munich.

ahhh stop whining yer big girl's blouse... :roll:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:22 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Total disaster avoided I guess. Coming back from 2-0 down at half time and for some with ten men at least shows some bottle is still there somewhere.
Teams used to say that about us. Having an entitled and spoilt attitude of we 'should beat X' isn't something I want associated with Bolton.
Well you've got your feck* wish then. :roll:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:26 pm

The only saving grace from this result is it keeps us 9 points above relegation as thankfully Millwall lost today.

FFS that's depressing.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:26 pm

thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Whattttt. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
(it's like meeting Methuselah, after dissing his existince at the Oxbridge debate.)
Welcome back, thebishness.. :D
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:28 pm

thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Ohhhhh yes normal 'service' resumed :wink:

Howdy stranger :D

newboy
Promising
Promising

Post by newboy » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:33 pm

newboy wrote:What a defeatist attitude it's Yeovil ffs not Barca 'course we'll come back and win it They'll concede try to protect the win and we'll stuff em COYWM :oyea:
Nearly right, the Juke substitution put the Kibosh on it :conf:

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:47 pm

Truly mad.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:48 pm

The sense of entitlement of some on here is nothing short of wildly unrealistic

We are a small town club. We are in debt. We once punched above Our weight. Does that mean we should be hammering Yeovil away? Nope. Are we entitled to victory against 'smaller' teams. Nope.

Get. A. Fcking. Grip. A point away in this league is a good point. Whoever it is.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:48 pm

thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
... who asked you ? Fck off.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:51 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:The sense of entitlement of some on here is nothing short of wildly unrealistic

We are a small town club. We are in debt. We once punched above Our weight. Does that mean we should be hammering Yeovil away? Nope. Are we entitled to victory against 'smaller' teams. Nope.

Get. A. Fcking. Grip. A point away in this league is a good point. Whoever it is.
Agreed. And it's at the point where every single decision the manager makes is wrong. Can't win with the fans now. But the club aren't changing so people just have to live with it and support the team I think. We've seen far worse times than this and doubtless will again. Anyone who thinks there is a magic button we can press is deluding themselves.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:55 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:The sense of entitlement of some on here is nothing short of wildly unrealistic

Our squad is much better which is why we should be beating teams like this. It's not about being entitled to anything but when every one of your 11 players is more talented than their 11, you expect better than a draw.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:57 pm

Yeah. Let's celebrate. fecking hell fire. :roll:
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:08 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Did you actually read my post or is the hyperbolic response just a copy and paste?

The words disaster avoided and at least provide some pretty big clues to its tone. I guess saying it was better than it looked at half time is code for 'wow what a great result let's party' round here now.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:19 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Did you actually read my post or is the hyperbolic response just a copy and paste?

The words disaster avoided and at least provide some pretty big clues to its tone. I guess saying it was better than it looked at half time is code for 'wow what a great result let's party' round here now.
In combination with the rest of the bollix you spouted, yes, you appear to be doing exactly that!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:20 pm

wahay. We drew against Yeovil. Insert your own irionymeter reading here:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:31 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Teams used to say that about us. Having an entitled and spoilt attitude of we 'should beat X' isn't something I want associated with Bolton.
Neither is settling for a point against relegation favourites with a tiny budget and worse players than us. It's not about arrogance or entitlement. Look at the form table and the respective squads, we should be beating Yeovil.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:40 pm

Sorry Bob thats rubbish, just like Mr Gartsides spokesperson 'I have an email in my pocket' BWFCI spouts.

We came down with a club set up to play at the top level with first class facilities, if they were being used correctly or not is a moot point.
We got relegated pure and simple because Phil Feckin' Gartside and by default Eddie Davies stuck by a complete con-manager named OWEN COYLE who went way past his sell by date.
We are a bigger club than the likes of Yeovil and should be worrying the hell out of these teams but due to a negative, mr swop um round for no good reason, poor mans George Graham, Duggie Freedman, we ain't!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:44 pm

At 4pm I'd have taken 2-2 with some relief. That doesn't mean I was happy to be 2 down, and on 10 men against a team in the bottom 3 most of the season and with a far inferior bunch of players.

You either accept that the first half was a v v poor show or that our recent 'revival' has no legs. You can't have both.

Having come back and, by all accounts had Yeovil reeling, it's such a shame that he hadn't the self confidence to believe in what we were doing and he went to hold-on mode. That's what gets to people. When you have a team rocking keep on doing what you were doing to get to that position.

It's in his blood, he won't change. It's just such a shame.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:47 pm

I don't think today's result has anything to do with us being a small town team (although I would argue that we're a big town team, and many clubs would kill for the facilities we have at our disposal, but that's by-the-by...), and everything to do with how the manager is handling this squad.

Frankly, its getting a bit irritating now.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.