The wild wild west! - Yeovil away 22/03/14

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Re: The wild wild west! - Yeovil away 22/03/14

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:49 pm

I don't remember any of the whining ninnies on here stating we shouldn't have beaten Arsenal, United or City in years gone by, despite having a weaker squad.

We survived by grinding out results against better teams. How come that's ok for us, but Not ok for Yeovil and other teams??!

Very short memories some folk
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:52 pm

We didn't have a weaker squad than City when Sam was here. So that leaves Arsenal and United. I don't recall either of those two teams being involved in a relegation battle when we played them. We are. If that's the comparison, its even worse than you thought.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:07 pm

On balance, a point is better than none. Onwards and upwards.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:11 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:On balance, a point is better than none. Onwards and upwards.
Really, more like onwards and static-wards. But you're happy with that, and the rest of us are ninnies. Fine, I'm off to bed pissed off, but I'm sooooo glad you're happy.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:31 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Total disaster avoided I guess. Coming back from 2-0 down at half time and for some with ten men at least shows some bottle is still there somewhere.
There is no irony in there at at all is there?
Yeovil, ffs. Y E O V I L, hardly feckin Bayern Feckin Munich.
ahhh stop whining yer big girl's blouse... :roll:
... who asked you ? Fck off.

for once... VERY good idea! 8)

Barefoot Wanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Barefoot Wanderer » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:33 pm

sad thing is mr. freedman is also happy with a point (clut!)

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:47 pm

Some might argue if he'd only played 1 up to weed not have been 2-0 down in the first place. Booo to over adventurous Douggie.

:fishing:
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:52 pm

Going purely from the commentary they claim terrible defending was responsible for both Yeovil's goals. For the first they reckon Miller had acres of space when he got the ball. Any comments on this from the match goers?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:23 pm

^zat knights were a loopin' header.

dont know which number on a scale of 1 to 10 of how terrible their defending were for that to happen, but i''m guessing 48 .

:/

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:31 pm

a1 wrote:^zat knights were a loopin' header.

dont know which number on a scale of 1 to 10 of how terrible their defending were for that to happen, but i''m guessing 48 .

:/
It was like watching Bolton defend, from what I can remember their goalkeeper was quite far off his line.


Spartan2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Spartan2 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:44 pm

DF @ ~87min: quick were in danger of winning get the strikers off! After that I wanted Yeovil to win 3-2. At least they had the balls to try.

DF Would go 10 men behind the ball, play for a draw against the fecking craggy island football team. Hoof it to Beckford it's the future of football tactics.

If everyone boos from kick off to full time every match from now until end of season could we force eddies hand?

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:00 am

We were shit. Marginally less shit in the second half, but still. In the end, we needed them to miss the target with a penalty and then their keeper to go walkabout to steal a point.

As ever, negative, aimless football is one thing, but it's the steady lowering of expectations that is the most worrying. If somebody had said at the start of the season 'What would your opinion be if we were 17th at the end of March?' the vast, vast majority of people would've said that it would be unacceptable and he should be sacked. How some continue to justify it like we're not performing horrendously below expectations is beyond me.

There seems to be the same mentality of when we were in the Premier League - that every point is a good point and the odd win is satisfactory. That's fine for staying up, but the ambition is supposed to be fighting for promotion and that means accumulating 75+ points. You're never going to get that if you don't expect to beat anybody.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:42 am

Tombwfc wrote:We were shit. Marginally less shit in the second half, but still. In the end, we needed them to miss the target with a penalty and then their keeper to go walkabout to steal a point.

As ever, negative, aimless football is one thing, but it's the steady lowering of expectations that is the most worrying. If somebody had said at the start of the season 'What would your opinion be if we were 17th at the end of March?' the vast, vast majority of people would've said that it would be unacceptable and he should be sacked. How some continue to justify it like we're not performing horrendously below expectations is beyond me.

There seems to be the same mentality of when we were in the Premier League - that every point is a good point and the odd win is satisfactory. That's fine for staying up, but the ambition is supposed to be fighting for promotion and that means accumulating 75+ points. You're never going to get that if you don't expect to beat anybody.
No argument with the last two paragraphs, I was not there so I bow to your knowledge on the first one, we actually sounded not too bad on radio but for a couple of defensive errors.
Overall, there is nothing to disagree with there.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:21 am

Football League Show - goals at 37:27
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... 4-23032014" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:39 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Total disaster avoided I guess. Coming back from 2-0 down at half time and for some with ten men at least shows some bottle is still there somewhere.
Yeah. Let's celebrate. fecking hell fire. :roll:
Did you actually read my post or is the hyperbolic response just a copy and paste?

The words disaster avoided and at least provide some pretty big clues to its tone. I guess saying it was better than it looked at half time is code for 'wow what a great result let's party' round here now.
A man that uses the word 'disaster' accuses me of hyperbole?! Oh my giddy aunt :lol:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:05 am

Tombwfc wrote:We were shit. Marginally less shit in the second half, but still. In the end, we needed them to miss the target with a penalty and then their keeper to go walkabout to steal a point.

Agree with this. Too many excuses, not enough points...

danhorwich
Promising
Promising

Post by danhorwich » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:06 am

Get a grip guys, we are a football club in monumental debt who will be completely turned over when the financial fair play regulations come in. If you not happy with a point away at relegation rivals in the championship then your not going to enjoy the coming seasons. We maintained the standards set by BSA by spending stupid amounts of money as Eddie let go of the reigns, as a result we are now being crushed under a mountain of debt and due to that useless tw** Coyle we didn't end up staying in the top flight anyhow. Too many of you seem to think it are divine right to be in the top flight and you sound like all the Leeds fan moaning about being in league 1 after they went into administration. The fact is unless somebody invests a huge amount of money in the club then the likes of Barrow and Hyde away are a lot closer then you think because most of the clubs in the leagues below us have very little debt.

As for the game I thought we were very poor first half and from the first minute it seemed like a question of when are they going to score. We were awful at the back but I feel Dougie deserves a lot of credit as do the players for turning around a dire situation. Dougie took of Duke because he missed an easy chance although he should have been passed the ball by Danns in an earlier chance. If we are to stay up we need to avoid losing these games as they are potentially 6 pointers and therefore it is more important to take points from teams around us than mid table teams. We have got Blackpool next and we need to get something from as again they are down there with us.
"Oh f**k off you daft southern c**t"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:31 am

Nowt to do with divine right to be anywhere. More to do with whether we doing the best we can with the resources we have at our disposal today. I don't believe we are.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:39 am

Worthy4England wrote:Nowt to do with divine right to be anywhere. More to do with whether we doing the best we can with the resources we have at our disposal today. I don't believe we are.
:oyea:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:40 am

danhorwich wrote:Get a grip guys, we are a football club in monumental debt who will be completely turned over when the financial fair play regulations come in. If you not happy with a point away at relegation rivals in the championship then your not going to enjoy the coming seasons. We maintained the standards set by BSA by spending stupid amounts of money as Eddie let go of the reigns, as a result we are now being crushed under a mountain of debt and due to that useless tw** Coyle we didn't end up staying in the top flight anyhow. Too many of you seem to think it are divine right to be in the top flight and you sound like all the Leeds fan moaning about being in league 1 after they went into administration. The fact is unless somebody invests a huge amount of money in the club then the likes of Barrow and Hyde away are a lot closer then you think because most of the clubs in the leagues below us have very little debt.

As for the game I thought we were very poor first half and from the first minute it seemed like a question of when are they going to score. We were awful at the back but I feel Dougie deserves a lot of credit as do the players for turning around a dire situation. Dougie took of Duke because he missed an easy chance although he should have been passed the ball by Danns in an earlier chance. If we are to stay up we need to avoid losing these games as they are potentially 6 pointers and therefore it is more important to take points from teams around us than mid table teams. We have got Blackpool next and we need to get something from as again they are down there with us.
Who'd have thought that BWFCI would actually influence someone :conf: