The wild wild west! - Yeovil away 22/03/14

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: The wild wild west! - Yeovil away 22/03/14

Post by Andy Waller » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:36 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
boltonboris wrote:I enjoyed last season for the reasons above...

This season? feck me. It's actually ruined my passion for football in general.
Very similar to this. Poor football, by us, poor football by the opponents normally. Distressingly poor results and a feeling that it's gone to rat-shit. Little belief it's going to turn around any time soon, either.

I can barely watch football on TV any more and the coming World Cup offers more in interest from the social strife it threatens than the football itself.

I blame Gordon Hargreaves.
I blame Fantasy Football myself...

I too am having my ardour dampened this season but it might have been a bit more dry if we'd have won a few more at home?
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:12 pm

Andy Waller wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

Very similar to this. Poor football, by us, poor football by the opponents normally. Distressingly poor results and a feeling that it's gone to rat-shit. Little belief it's going to turn around any time soon, either.

I can barely watch football on TV any more and the coming World Cup offers more in interest from the social strife it threatens than the football itself.

I too am having my ardour dampened this season but it might have been a bit more dry if we'd have won a few more at home?
I've had my ardour dampened every year since 1978 or so. I can plot a progression.

Once upon a time, I would watch any football on telly. Then I started fast-forwarding through MOTD to get to the Wanderers games. Then I would only watch the highlights if we hadn't lost. Then if we had won.

Nowadays I don't watch it at all. I haven't even seen the goals from Leeds.

To be honest, if we went back up to the Premier League - a league that is to football what X-Factor is to music - I think I'd just jack it in totally. Can't be bothered.

I blame Terry Edge.

#shitFan.
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

danhorwich
Promising
Promising

Post by danhorwich » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:11 pm

Puskas wrote:
Andy Waller wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

I've had my ardour dampened every year since 1978 or so. I can plot a progression.

Once upon a time, I would watch any football on telly. Then I started fast-forwarding through MOTD to get to the Wanderers games. Then I would only watch the highlights if we hadn't lost. Then if we had won.

Nowadays I don't watch it at all. I haven't even seen the goals from Leeds.

To be honest, if we went back up to the Premier League - a league that is to football what X-Factor is to music - I think I'd just jack it in totally. Can't be bothered.
I blame Terry Edge.

#shitFan.
I am with you on that last point infact I would go as far as saying I would be more pissed off if we went up then if we went down.
"Oh f**k off you daft southern c**t"