The wild wild west! - Yeovil away 22/03/14

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Re: The wild wild west! - Yeovil away 22/03/14

Post by jaffka » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:53 am

Staying in the division is this years goal.

That wasn't the plan at the start of the season.

We have massively underachieved.

NiceHotCuppaTea
Promising
Promising

Post by NiceHotCuppaTea » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:18 pm

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:21 pm

Not beating Yeovil is nothing to celebrate about, even after sleeping on it, it's just not good enough. Obviously my sense of entitlement is way beyond the parameters of some of you, but if somebody somewhere doesn't develop a wider sense of entitlement then soon we'll be satisfied with taking a point at home to Portsmouth.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:29 pm

The defending for both their goals we truely awful. First one, the guy had time to read a book.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:28 pm

I don't think anyone believes we have a divine right to beat the Yeovil's of this world, it's just really disappointing that we are where we are compared to say, Wigan (another relegated team who had Coyles mess to undo) who have won 9 and drawn 1 of the last 10 under Rosler.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:28 pm

danhorwich wrote:Get a grip guys, we are a football club in monumental debt who will be completely turned over when the financial fair play regulations come in. If you not happy with a point away at relegation rivals in the championship then your not going to enjoy the coming seasons. We maintained the standards set by BSA by spending stupid amounts of money as Eddie let go of the reigns, as a result we are now being crushed under a mountain of debt and due to that useless tw** Coyle we didn't end up staying in the top flight anyhow. Too many of you seem to think it are divine right to be in the top flight and you sound like all the Leeds fan moaning about being in league 1 after they went into administration. The fact is unless somebody invests a huge amount of money in the club then the likes of Barrow and Hyde away are a lot closer then you think because most of the clubs in the leagues below us have very little debt.

As for the game I thought we were very poor first half and from the first minute it seemed like a question of when are they going to score. We were awful at the back but I feel Dougie deserves a lot of credit as do the players for turning around a dire situation. Dougie took of Duke because he missed an easy chance although he should have been passed the ball by Danns in an earlier chance. If we are to stay up we need to avoid losing these games as they are potentially 6 pointers and therefore it is more important to take points from teams around us than mid table teams. We have got Blackpool next and we need to get something from as again they are down there with us.
All the more reason then for us to try and get back to the Premier League before FFP comes in and before we lose our other competitive advantage (parachute payments).

Instead we've wasted that time in the name of 'building something' under Dougie, which as of yet has amounted to bumbling along in the bottom half of the table, surviving on the strength of short-term loan players.

If it's arrogant and entitled now to think that our £30m players should be capable of beating a Yeovil side on 10% of that (home or away), we really are going to be in trouble when financial reality bites.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:52 pm

Looking at the replay, the Baptiste sending off/penalty seemed harsh. The referee didn't give it but had the best view if he could see passed the other players.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:13 am

Don't give a feck about circumstances. Two points well and truly dropped.

Can't wait for Mills to come back in so we can feck Ream off.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:25 am

Yep, Ream bang to rights there. Maybe its a sign of how far we've dropped that I initially felt like defending him as he's done a job this season. In a defence thats generally been shocking.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:30 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Not beating Yeovil is nothing to celebrate about, even after sleeping on it, it's just not good enough. Obviously my sense of entitlement is way beyond the parameters of some of you, but if somebody somewhere doesn't develop a wider sense of entitlement then soon we'll be satisfied with taking a point at home to Yeovil.
Corrected for accuracy.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:01 am

Lord Kangana wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Not beating Yeovil is nothing to celebrate about, even after sleeping on it, it's just not good enough. Obviously my sense of entitlement is way beyond the parameters of some of you, but if somebody somewhere doesn't develop a wider sense of entitlement then soon we'll be satisfied with taking a point at home to Yeovil.
Corrected for accuracy.
I was happy that we got a point at home to Yeovil, given that the 7 games preceding it had seen us get humped at Forest, Brighton and the Dingles conceding three or more, lose to Leeds and QPR and get knocked out of the League Cup by fecking Trashmere.

Satisfied would be pushing it way too far. :-)

Devon White
Promising
Promising

Post by Devon White » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:45 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Going purely from the commentary they claim terrible defending was responsible for both Yeovil's goals. For the first they reckon Miller had acres of space when he got the ball. Any comments on this from the match goers?
Yes, he had in football terms, acres of space, he's a big lad so stick to him like glue and wouldnt be as effective, we gave him time to put his foot through it and bingo.
Great away day again, fantastic turnout, the pub we went in said they hadnt had such a noisy atmosphere, and no sign of trouble.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:35 am

I see these no-hopers were seconds from winning at champions-elect Leicester last night.

What a fascinating league this is.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:12 pm

Not sure anything this season has 'fascinated' me in this division. the standard is woeful

It's been an absolute chore to be honest

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:59 pm

boltonboris wrote:Not sure anything this season has 'fascinated' me in this division. the standard is woeful

To try and bridge the gap between your view and DSB's. I'm sure there's been plenty of fascinating things - all of which have bypassed us. :-)

I can recall the "Will be great to win a few", "isn't that bad, new grounds to go to" etc. when we got relegated.

All I've seen is (like yourself) some really woeful football, and a win rate probably lower than us being in the Prem, when the criticism was "we were playing for nothing" each year.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:01 pm

I enjoyed last season for the reasons above...

This season? feck me. It's actually ruined my passion for football in general.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:09 pm

boltonboris wrote:I enjoyed last season for the reasons above...

This season? feck me. It's actually ruined my passion for football in general.
Very similar to this. Poor football, by us, poor football by the opponents normally. Distressingly poor results and a feeling that it's gone to rat-shit. Little belief it's going to turn around any time soon, either.

I can barely watch football on TV any more and the coming World Cup offers more in interest from the social strife it threatens than the football itself.

I blame Gordon Hargreaves.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:11 pm

Even last season, it didn't get interesting for me, until end of Feb - End of Jan/Early Feb, we were in 20th place. So for me it was 6 months of shite, followed by an interesting run for 2/3 months.

But yes, going into the last game with a play-off place up for grabs was reasonably exciting - but there had sure been some dross preceding it.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:25 pm

boltonboris wrote:Not sure anything this season has 'fascinated' me in this division. the standard is woeful

It is fascinating if you want the result of every game to be unpredictable.....

However, that is not what most fans want when watching their team it seems.

I'm not sure the standard is woeful. I think it is a far stronger league than when we were last in it, and it should be given the amount of ex-premiership sides in it, and the investment that has filtered down to this league.

I think the standard of most teams is pretty good. But they don't have the star individuals you get in the premiership. It is a league you grind your way out of with a hard working, disciplined team. Which is perhaps where the lack of entertainment in it comes from?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:34 pm

It's just shit. I'm not going to sit and analyse why, or the complexities behind it, but it's just fvckin' rubbish.