Clash-in (with) the Lattic.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1469
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:05 pm

Clash-in (with) the Lattic.

Post by Andy Waller » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:07 am

My money is on a dour 0-2 loss, coupled with being goaded by a bumper away support of 153 smug Pie-Eaters.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12994
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:27 pm

Re: Clash-in (with) the Lattic.

Post by boltonboris » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:20 am

They've flogged over 4000 tickets in fairness to them... Although, they only seem to turn up when they're on a good run.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35942
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Clash-in (with) the Lattic.

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:36 pm

This is another one that I'm forced to miss, and accordingly, a win for us is nailed on. :?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7259
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: Clash-in (with) the Lattic.

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:09 pm

boltonboris wrote:They've flogged over 4000 tickets in fairness to them... Although, they only seem to turn up when they're on a good run.
Feck me that's depressing. I'm sure I was happier playing them in the days when they couldn't muster that for a home game.

1-3 loss :hang:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

danhorwich
Promising
Promising
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:56 pm

Re: Clash-in (with) the Lattic.

Post by danhorwich » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:36 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
boltonboris wrote:They've flogged over 4000 tickets in fairness to them... Although, they only seem to turn up when they're on a good run.
Feck me that's depressing. I'm sure I was happier playing them in the days when they couldn't muster that for a home game.

1-3 loss :hang:
+1
"Oh f**k off you daft southern c**t"

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8190
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: Clash-in (with) the Lattic.

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:51 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:This is another one that I'm forced to miss, and accordingly, a win for us is nailed on. :?
No. I'll be attending this one, no way will I get to see 2 home victories in a week. Not in my tea leaves.
...

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38532
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: Clash-in (with) the Lattic.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:11 pm

Somebody hurry up and claim Robin Hood lived in Bluebell Forest and fought against the Sheriff of Blackburn. With Wigan now being established as the original Camelot

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... l-sac.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
.
there'll be no holding the merry pie-eaters of the Pier. They'll claim the round table was exported to America by Tommy Robinson Antiques and famous battles wuz fought on the sites of the DW Stadium and Springfield Park. Hey, Dave Whelan's ancestors might have been the famed royal bully boys, who knows. Any road up, they can't claim Maid Marian was from Wigan because her family tree goes right back to Halliwell Road and Carrs Pasties. A dour ding-dong do is forecast and the archers of Castle Reebok might just be too much for the tin men of Prince Dave and his merry tax collectors. Word is they're already building battering rams and catapults that fire giant pies, in the grounds of Haigh Hall.

Against the odds I'm going for a home win by a two goal margin. For Robin, Bluebell Forest and a merry pastyfest....... :oyea:
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12994
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:27 pm

Re: Clash-in (with) the Lattic.

Post by boltonboris » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:15 pm

:shock:
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38532
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: Clash-in (with) the Lattic.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:49 pm

boltonboris wrote::shock:
Sorry. Try the longer link....(edited)
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

Enoch
Icon
Icon
Posts: 4267
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: The Garden of England.

Re: Clash-in (with) the Lattic.

Post by Enoch » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:55 pm

It seems to me match thread titles have regressed to being a shambles.

No doubt Freedman's behind it.

Spawn of the Devil he is. Get that nice Billy Davies in, at least he's got a good Boltonian name.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 10548
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:51 pm
Location: Up above the streets and houses

Re: Clash-in (with) the Lattic.

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:04 pm

Enoch wrote: Get that nice Billy Davies in, at least he's got a good Boltonian name.
Thank Christ someone has finally suggested getting Billy Davies in. Now when it is claimed in six months time that folk wanted him there will be a least some truth to it.

Nice one Enoch.
Businesswoman of the year.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26132
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Clash-in (with) the Lattic.

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:49 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
Enoch wrote: Get that nice Billy Davies in, at least he's got a good Boltonian name.
Thank Christ someone has finally suggested getting Billy Davies in. Now when it is claimed in six months time that folk wanted him there will be a least some truth to it.

Nice one Enoch.
And you. You've said he's a million times better than Freedman. And SF. I hope we appoint him as I'd like to see us a million times better. Who wouldn't?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35942
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Clash-in (with) the Lattic.

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:07 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
Enoch wrote: Get that nice Billy Davies in, at least he's got a good Boltonian name.
Thank Christ someone has finally suggested getting Billy Davies in. Now when it is claimed in six months time that folk wanted him there will be a least some truth to it.

Nice one Enoch.
And you. You've said he's a million times better than Freedman. And SF. I hope we appoint him as I'd like to see us a million times better. Who wouldn't?
Because I'm bored I just typed 'Billy Davies million times better' into the search facility just to see if anyone had actually ever claimed that. Well would you look at what it threw up?! :D
BWFC_Insane wrote:
bettyrasta wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Gartside get on the phone to Billy Davies, its too late for a really decent manager but at least Davies knows what he's doing, has some experience and will instill some fight...

And he'd be a million times better than the joker we have in charge.
Yeah and he's got experience from helping to take a similar Derby team down...
And? Was he not sacked off before Christmas anyways then?

I don't care right now, he would do a better job...
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20094
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: Clash-in (with) the Lattic.

Post by Prufrock » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:11 pm

:lol: that's unfortunate!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26132
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Clash-in (with) the Lattic.

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:13 pm

Prufrock wrote::lol: that's unfortunate!
It would be if I thought Billy Davies was no good. But I'd have him here. I'm not the one saying I wouldn't......

Would I sack Freedman to bring him in? Probably not. But only because I'm not convinced the manager we have is our main problem. But people know that.....

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20094
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: Clash-in (with) the Lattic.

Post by Prufrock » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:22 pm

I know I know, but your choice of 'a million times better' is unfortunate given it's that exaggeration you're criticising from those claiming Davies would be 'a million times better' than Freedman. As shit as Coyle was, I'd be surprised if Billy Davies would have been 'a million times better' either!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35942
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Clash-in (with) the Lattic.

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:29 pm

Prufrock wrote:I know I know, but your choice of 'a million times better' is unfortunate given it's that exaggeration you're criticising from those claiming Davies would be 'a million times better' than Freedman. As shit as Coyle was, I'd be surprised if Billy Davies would have been 'a million times better' either!
But don't miss the point that there's only one person ever on the whole of this forum to have ever claimed Billy Davies to be a million times better than anyone. Those he accuses simply haven't. Marvelous. :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26132
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Clash-in (with) the Lattic.

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:33 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Prufrock wrote:I know I know, but your choice of 'a million times better' is unfortunate given it's that exaggeration you're criticising from those claiming Davies would be 'a million times better' than Freedman. As shit as Coyle was, I'd be surprised if Billy Davies would have been 'a million times better' either!
But don't miss the point that there's only one person ever on the whole of this forum to have ever claimed Billy Davies to be a million times better than anyone. Those he accuses simply haven't. Marvelous. :D
So CrazyHorse didn't say this then?
He's shite. And yet still a million times the manager Freedman is.
Anyway. Anyone but Coyle is the remit, isn't it?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35942
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Clash-in (with) the Lattic.

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:53 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Prufrock wrote:I know I know, but your choice of 'a million times better' is unfortunate given it's that exaggeration you're criticising from those claiming Davies would be 'a million times better' than Freedman. As shit as Coyle was, I'd be surprised if Billy Davies would have been 'a million times better' either!
But don't miss the point that there's only one person ever on the whole of this forum to have ever claimed Billy Davies to be a million times better than anyone. Those he accuses simply haven't. Marvelous. :D
So CrazyHorse didn't say this then?
He's shite. And yet still a million times the manager Freedman is.
Anyway. Anyone but Coyle is the remit, isn't it?
He may have, but he didn't use the word 'better', and on that this case hinges. The prosecution rests. :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26132
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Clash-in (with) the Lattic.

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:55 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Prufrock wrote:I know I know, but your choice of 'a million times better' is unfortunate given it's that exaggeration you're criticising from those claiming Davies would be 'a million times better' than Freedman. As shit as Coyle was, I'd be surprised if Billy Davies would have been 'a million times better' either!
But don't miss the point that there's only one person ever on the whole of this forum to have ever claimed Billy Davies to be a million times better than anyone. Those he accuses simply haven't. Marvelous. :D
So CrazyHorse didn't say this then?
He's shite. And yet still a million times the manager Freedman is.
Anyway. Anyone but Coyle is the remit, isn't it?
He may have, but he didn't use the word 'better', and on that this case hinges. The prosecution rests. :)
Lolzzzzzz

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], ron3250 and 27 guests