Clash-in (with) the Lattic.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Clash-in (with) the Lattic.

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:03 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Lot of people who clearly haven't been to the game commenting on here. Absolutely clueless.
Was a fantastic game. Absolutely brilliant. Bolton deserved to win Al Habsi kept Wigan in it.
What the fck are you on about? I'm the only one who has been commenting all afternoon and I said exactly the same as you have.
Businesswoman of the year.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:04 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Lot of people who clearly haven't been to the game commenting on here. Absolutely clueless.

Was a fantastic game. Absolutely brilliant. Bolton deserved to win Al Habsi kept Wigan in it.

Mcmannan absolutely ripped us to pieces when he came on as quality players tend to do.

Baptiste came on because we were hanging on for dear life and Trotter was tired and ineffective.

It was the best Bolton have played this season. Best by a mile.
Would you like to expand that to particulars... Because I can tell you now that not one post in the previous four pages could entitle you to call anybody clueless.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:05 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Mcmannan absolutely ripped us to pieces when he came on as quality players tend to do.

Baptiste came on because we were hanging on for dear life and Trotter was tired and ineffective.

Would you like to expand that to particulars... Because I can tell you now that not one post in the previous four pages could entitle you to call anybody clueless.
Anyone who describes the subs as being bad or poor or anything is clueless. We had to make changes and bought the three senior players on we had available to try and hang on.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:06 pm

Losing that would have been a total disaster and a travesty of justice after the way we played. "More chances have fallen Bolton's way" ffs. No credit for playing them off the park most of the game then. The commentator was willing them to win. If that had been on radio I'd have thought we were playing Barcelona. That save of Bogdan's was absolutely terrific because the penalty was decent and in the net if he hadn't touched it. Really entertaining and I was afraid of losing the stream by commenting on it. Rather two points lost than one gained. Well done the team. No disgrace there, and the pies were very fortunate to get a point. Was that really a penalty....? Juke's got to be a Bolton player for a fair while.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

danhorwich
Promising
Promising

Post by danhorwich » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:07 pm

1 point closer to safety I think 5 more should do it. BWFCInsane has come on here for an argument.
"Oh f**k off you daft southern c**t"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:09 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Losing that would have been a total disaster and a travesty of justice after the way we played. "More chances have fallen Bolton's way" ffs. No credit for playing them off the park most of the game then. The commentator was willing them to win. If that had been on radio I'd have thought we were playing Barcelona. That save of Bogdan's was absolutely terrific because the penalty was decent and in the net if he hadn't touched it. Really entertaining and I was afraid of losing the stream by commenting on it. Rather two points lost than one gained. Well done the team. No disgrace there, and the pies were very fortunate to get a point. Was that really a penalty....? Juke's got to be a Bolton player for a fair while.
Bloody hell Tango.

Yes, it was.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:10 pm

Wife's just popped into the dining room and given me a very strange look. Must be what I said when they scored... :oops:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:11 pm

danhorwich wrote:1 point closer to safety I think 5 more should do it. BWFCInsane has come on here for an argument.
Yeh, his "LOTS OF PEOPLE" turns out to be one, maybe two, and even then it's a shit argument because it was just a matter of opinion. Christ :roll:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dartisan
Promising
Promising

Post by Dartisan » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:12 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Losing that would have been a total disaster and a travesty of justice after the way we played. "More chances have fallen Bolton's way" ffs. No credit for playing them off the park most of the game then. The commentator was willing them to win. If that had been on radio I'd have thought we were playing Barcelona. That save of Bogdan's was absolutely terrific because the penalty was decent and in the net if he hadn't touched it. Really entertaining and I was afraid of losing the stream by commenting on it. Rather two points lost than one gained. Well done the team. No disgrace there, and the pies were very fortunate to get a point. Was that really a penalty....? Juke's got to be a Bolton player for a fair while.
Yeah it was a pen, & Baptiste is an utter idiot. He owes Boggers a pint or 9 after that penalty save. We probably should've won it but I don't think we failed to through lack of effort or performance so there are still positives to take from it as well as one point I'd say.
Everything but the game: Because it's not just a game, it's a way of life.

danhorwich
Promising
Promising

Post by danhorwich » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:12 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Wife's just popped into the dining room and given me a very strange look. Must be what I said when they scored... :oops:
Go on, * can be used if necessary.
"Oh f**k off you daft southern c**t"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:13 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Bloody hell Tango.

Yes, it was.
Well, I'd like to see a slow motion close up of it. Hope they have one on TV later. Talk about looked for....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:15 pm

Dartisan wrote:
Yeah it was a pen, & Baptiste is an utter idiot. He owes Boggers a pint or 9 after that penalty save. We probably should've won it but I don't think we failed to through lack of effort or performance so there are still positives to take from it as well as one point I'd say.
Beyond argument. I'd have been gutted for the lads if we'd lost. Real effort and no small degree of skill on show. Al Habsi was the real difference, he saved their bacon time after time.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:18 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Anyone who describes the subs as being bad or poor or anything is clueless. We had to make changes and bought the three senior players on we had available to try and hang on.
We lost momentum went those changes, which were too negative, were made. Bringing on Baptiste wasn't just pointless, it was disruptive and nearly cost us a draw. If something is working for such a long period of time, why change it? You don't always have to defend deeper and deeper in order to hold onto a lead.

On another note, Barnett for them should have been given a red card, surely? It was a goalscoring chance for Trotter.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:30 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

We lost momentum went those changes, which were too negative, were made. Bringing on Baptiste wasn't just pointless, it was disruptive and nearly cost us a draw. If something is working for such a long period of time, why change it? You don't always have to defend deeper and deeper in order to hold onto a lead.

On another note, Barnett for them should have been given a red card, surely? It was a goalscoring chance for Trotter.
The changes were absolutely spot on in the context of what was happening. We were already camped in our half holding on as wigan were pinning us back and we had several tired bodies on the pitch. Fact is Wigan were dangerous once McMannaman came on and even more so when Powell came on. Quality players do that.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:46 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

The changes were absolutely spot on in the context of what was happening. We were already camped in our half holding on as wigan were pinning us back and we had several tired bodies on the pitch. Fact is Wigan were dangerous once McMannaman came on and even more so when Powell came on. Quality players do that.
so, in your opinion, what was it that lead from us winning to us drawing? Especially as we were at home. Anything specially good on their behalf or anything shite on ours, or is it just a cosmic roll of the fcking dice?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:57 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
Bloody hell Tango.

Yes, it was.
Well, I'd like to see a slow motion close up of it. Hope they have one on TV later. Talk about looked for....
Enjoy. It was nailed on. I don't disagree he was looking for it, but Baptiste duly obliged and cleaned him out.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:59 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

I only saw the last 15 minutes, but we still could have scored another three in the next ten minutes. With five to go we started to sit back but feck me I'm all right with that when we're one goal up. It's the sitting back with half an hour I can't stand.

Didn't see the Barnett challenge but our kid has just sent me an expletive filled text about how he should have been off. Maybe the ref spotted it was Trotter?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:07 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote: so, in your opinion, what was it that lead from us winning to us drawing? Especially as we were at home. Anything specially good on their behalf or anything shite on ours, or is it just a cosmic roll of the fcking dice?
Powell and especially McMannaman made a huge difference. Powell scored a quality goal. Simple as.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:13 pm

It was an excellent game, McMannaman did for us again, can't understand why they didn't start him (Rosler out!).
Juke was great again though lacking in support at times. If the rumours about Moritz leaving are true then I don't blame him with Dougie starting to useless Trotter in his place. Hall looked good in spells, best game I've seen him in from the start. Spearing and Medo both played well and the whole defence looked good. Wigan are a good team, but were helped by an appalling decision not to send off the defender who tripped Trotter. Totally indefensible.
Don't agree that we were getting ripped to pieces, we had been dominant and they came back into it. When they equalised we weren't set up to chase a winner because we had too many defensive players on the pitch. Rosler wanted to go for the in and nearly got it. Freedman nearly blew it for us, but fair play to the lads today, very good effort.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:17 pm

I'm pretty sure none of the Wigan side would even claim they should have won in their wildest dreams today. If they're honest a draw was a good result for them. Bonus was our team performance. Hutton is a useful full back with decent ball skills and good at getting forward. Chungy put plenty effort in today, Hall did really well and the overall result was a cracking game.
Don't remember anybody ripping us to pieces?