Clash-in (with) the Lattic.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

William the White
Legend
Legend

Re: Clash-in (with) the Lattic.

Post by William the White » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:23 pm

After the tedium that brought us 3 points on Tuesday we had a belting game that brought us one.

Our tenth draw at home this season but, for once, there are positives in the performance. Though the presence of Baptiste was not one of them.

Hall had his best game in a white shirt. Juke is excellent at this level. Beckford, frustratingly, is not. Spearing kept very busy. Knight and Wheater worked hard to good effect. We had the best of the chances. Al Habsi was man of the match. They had game changers on the bench- Powell's strike was very good. But we should have won, no doubt.

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:37 pm

us losing al habsi is the kind of decision by the club that has put is in the situation we find ourselves in today. i thought it was wrong at the time. it was the right time to make the step for replacing jussi and we totally screwed it up and lost a very capable keeper.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:38 pm

James B wrote:us losing al habsi is the kind of decision by the club that has put is in the situation we find ourselves in today. i thought it was wrong at the time. it was the right time to make the step for replacing jussi and we totally screwed it up and lost a very capable keeper.
I still think getting 4M for him was decent business. How it was spent however......

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:40 pm

And credit to Bogdan. I've been one of his many critics, but since he came back in he has been excellent.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:41 pm

LeverEnd wrote:And credit to Bogdan. I've been one of his many critics, but since he came back in he has been excellent.
Yep, same.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:12 pm

Never doubted Bogdan. He was always a good keeper, he's just starting to get some consistency now. Al Habsi is also a good keeper, but he's 6 years older than Boggers. I'd choose Boggers any day of the week.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:27 pm

some humbles bastard uploaded the pen save to youtubes

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:33 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Nicko58 wrote:Bogdan, Hutton, Knight, Wheater, Ream, Medo, Spearing, Trotter, Lee, Hall, Jutkiewicz

Subs: Lonergan, Baptiste, Threlkeld, Kellet, Moritz, Beckford, Robinson
We got injuries or summat? kids on t'bench and no Mason or Danns? :(
Any update on the squad ? No Danns, No Davies, No Mason ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:43 pm

theyve all got the lurgy still after douglas poisoned them the other week.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:24 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Nicko58 wrote:Bogdan, Hutton, Knight, Wheater, Ream, Medo, Spearing, Trotter, Lee, Hall, Jutkiewicz

Subs: Lonergan, Baptiste, Threlkeld, Kellet, Moritz, Beckford, Robinson
We got injuries or summat? kids on t'bench and no Mason or Danns? :(
Any update on the squad ? No Danns, No Davies, No Mason ?
Danns has a thigh strain. Davies a groin problem. Mason ill.

According to Iles.

mrplow
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by mrplow » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:41 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Lot of people who clearly haven't been to the game commenting on here. Absolutely clueless.

Was a fantastic game. Absolutely brilliant. Bolton deserved to win Al Habsi kept Wigan in it.

Mcmannan absolutely ripped us to pieces when he came on as quality players tend to do.

Baptiste came on because we were hanging on for dear life and Trotter was tired and ineffective.

It was the best Bolton have played this season. Best by a mile.
Would you like to expand that to particulars... Because I can tell you now that not one post in the previous four pages could entitle you to call anybody clueless.
Anyone who describes the subs as being bad or poor or anything is clueless. We had to make changes and bought the three senior players on we had available to try and hang on.
We lost momentum went those changes, which were too negative, were made. Bringing on Baptiste wasn't just pointless, it was disruptive and nearly cost us a draw. If something is working for such a long period of time, why change it? You don't always have to defend deeper and deeper in order to hold onto a lead.

On another note, Barnett for them should have been given a red card, surely? It was a goalscoring chance for Trotter.
The changes were absolutely spot on in the context of what was happening. We were already camped in our half holding on as wigan were pinning us back and we had several tired bodies on the pitch. Fact is Wigan were dangerous once McMannaman came on and even more so when Powell came on. Quality players do that.
Baptiste on for Hall was the wrong substitution and it nearly cost us the game.

Good game though.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:20 am

TANGODANCER wrote:Losing that would have been a total disaster and a travesty of justice after the way we played. "More chances have fallen Bolton's way" ffs. No credit for playing them off the park most of the game then. The commentator was willing them to win. If that had been on radio I'd have thought we were playing Barcelona. That save of Bogdan's was absolutely terrific because the penalty was decent and in the net if he hadn't touched it. Really entertaining and I was afraid of losing the stream by commenting on it. Rather two points lost than one gained. Well done the team. No disgrace there, and the pies were very fortunate to get a point. Was that really a penalty....? Juke's got to be a Bolton player for a fair while.
Also, missed this first time but absolutely. Hope he isn't this year's Dawson.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:27 am

Another great point towards our safety.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:48 am

Great game today! Only just back in from a long day. Most has already been said but a big shout to Knight today. Made some first class tackles today which would have resulted in a goal. All the back four did well today.

So frustrating to see us play so well against good sides like Wigan but not sustain in throughout the season.

Spartan2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Spartan2 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:21 am

Freedman cost us two points today. He's such a shit know nothing manager. All his talk of his knowledge of football is bollox, his primary tactic is hoof it to the lone forward, which i don't mind now we've got Juke to win everything but he employed this -let's face it- primitive tactic when it was Ngog or Beckford!

When Wigan had a corner in our LB position Ream was marking the back post this can only come from the manager, who was watching the short corner? No one. Same thing happend to Wigan they had two people ready for it.

Spearing is dog shit at free kicks, he floats them in, easy to defend and hard to attack and almost always over hits them. Tell someone else to take them.

Why does CYL ever get picked? He does nothing. He can't tackle, can't win anything in the air, passes all over the place, no benefit whatsoever straight from kick off its 10 vs 11.

So far Rob Hall is Vaz Te. Good fk but he's anonymous for 90% of the game.

Wigan were very poor they were there for the taking but his cowardly starting lineup meant we were unable to take our chances then he compounded that by making more defensive substitutions and inviting Wigan on to us. The baptiste sub was a complete disaster.

This was only a good performance by comparison to some of the utter shit I've witnessed this season. Tactics, terrible. Result, considering what could/should have been, terrible.

Our recent up turn in results is simple to explain. Wheater is a quality defender, Juke is a quality forward, Mason is pretty decent too. They're a boost in there own right but when you add Danns and drop the low energy players like CYL and Ngog and Eagles and Beckford and Rob Hall we get a lot more energy and -particularly when we play 442- we can press teams a lot more and higher up the pitch this is a massive boost to us. It forces the opposition back and allows us to dominate. It's really really simple you can't carry so many weak, low-work rate players in one team especially when they not even good! I honestly don't think DF understands this at all, everything I've seen over the last 18 months suggests he doesn't.

Freedman Out!

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:59 am

Highlights at 13:25. We actually get a decent slot for once - more than the usual 60 seconds.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... 4-29032014" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:03 am

Spartan2 wrote: mplete disaster.

T
Our recent up turn in results is simple to explain. Wheater is a quality defender, Juke is a quality forward, Mason is pretty decent too. They're a boost in there own right but when you add Danns and drop the low energy players like CYL and Ngog and Eagles and Beckford and Rob Hall we get a lot more energy and -particularly when we play 442- we can press teams a lot more and higher up the pitch this is a massive boost to us.
Freedman Out!
Apart from Hall (who had quite a decent game for me) none of the others were picked as first choice anyway Spartan? Mark Davies, Mason and Danns were all genuinely unavailable. What would your team have been?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

danhorwich
Promising
Promising

Post by danhorwich » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:19 am

TonyDomingos wrote:Highlights at 13:25. We actually get a decent slot for once - more than the usual 60 seconds.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... 4-29032014" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
How we didn't win that match I don't know and we nearly ended up losing it. It looked like a penalty for me although McManaman was looking for it.
"Oh f**k off you daft southern c**t"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:05 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:Highlights at 13:25. We actually get a decent slot for once - more than the usual 60 seconds.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:08 pm

I see they didn't fancy showing the foul on Trotter.