Clash-in (with) the Lattic.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bettyrasta
Promising
Promising

Re: Clash-in (with) the Lattic.

Post by bettyrasta » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:27 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Prufrock wrote::lol: that's unfortunate!
It would be if I thought Billy Davies was no good. But I'd have him here. I'm not the one saying I wouldn't......

Would I sack Freedman to bring him in? Probably not. But only because I'm not convinced the manager we have is our main problem. But people know that.....[/quote
Hmmm. Still to this day find your admiration for Billy Davies perplexing Mr BWFCi. Opinions and all that but have to say I would rather he stayed away from here.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:42 pm

:lol:
Prufrock, have a word with your senior partnmer and tell them to make Rioja Q.C. an offer he can't refuse.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:45 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Prufrock wrote:I know I know, but your choice of 'a million times better' is unfortunate given it's that exaggeration you're criticising from those claiming Davies would be 'a million times better' than Freedman. As shit as Coyle was, I'd be surprised if Billy Davies would have been 'a million times better' either!
But don't miss the point that there's only one person ever on the whole of this forum to have ever claimed Billy Davies to be a million times better than anyone. Those he accuses simply haven't. Marvelous. :D

:lmfao: :lmfao:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:37 pm

bettyrasta wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Prufrock wrote::lol: that's unfortunate!
It would be if I thought Billy Davies was no good. But I'd have him here. I'm not the one saying I wouldn't......

Would I sack Freedman to bring him in? Probably not. But only because I'm not convinced the manager we have is our main problem. But people know that.....[/quote
Hmmm. Still to this day find your admiration for Billy Davies perplexing Mr BWFCi. Opinions and all that but have to say I would rather he stayed away from here.
No admiration. I just would like to hear better names we could bring in. Lots want a sacking but then don't like the alternatives.

I think Davies is bang average but he's where we'd be shopping, at best!

danhorwich
Promising
Promising

Post by danhorwich » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:51 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Somebody hurry up and claim Robin Hood lived in Bluebell Forest and fought against the Sheriff of Blackburn. With Wigan now being established as the original Camelot

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... l-sac.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
there'll be no holding the merry pie-eaters of the Pier. They'll claim the round table was exported to America by Tommy Robinson Antiques and famous battles wuz fought on the sites of the DW Stadium and Springfield Park. Hey, Dave Whelan's ancestors might have been the famed royal bully boys, who knows. Any road up, they can't claim Maid Marian was from Wigan because her family tree goes right back to Halliwell Road and Carrs Pasties. A dour ding-dong do is forecast and the archers of Castle Reebok might just be too much for the tin men of Prince Dave and his merry tax collectors. Word is they're already building battering rams and catapults that fire giant pies, in the grounds of Haigh Hall.

Against the odds I'm going for a home win by a two goal margin. For Robin, Bluebell Forest and a merry pastyfest....... :oyea:
God haven't had one of them in ages, not since I left Bolton. I really need to find a good excuse to go through a stroll through town and get myself a meat and tatty pasty next time I am anywhere near Bolton.
"Oh f**k off you daft southern c**t"

danhorwich
Promising
Promising

Post by danhorwich » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:52 pm

I would take Davies over Freedman any day. It would be a step in the right direction IMO even if he is an annoying moaning little sh*t.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:50 pm

3rd (Wigan) v 7th (Bolton) in the form table.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:12 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:I think Davies is bang average but he's where we'd be shopping, at best!
Not really. We have a set up that better managers like Mackay haven't had before and would fancy getting the most of. Our facilities will be up there amongst the best in the league, we have a good squad and we can pay good wages. Why wouldn't a manager with ambition want to come here?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:29 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:I think Davies is bang average but he's where we'd be shopping, at best!
Not really. We have a set up that better managers like Mackay haven't had before and would fancy getting the most of. Our facilities will be up there amongst the best in the league, we have a good squad and we can pay good wages. Why wouldn't a manager with ambition want to come here?[/quote]

Because he wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea and would be booed within 6 games for not making us a million times better than the last one.

Because we wouldn't have the funds to enable him to bring in the players he wants, thus having to sell our better players to bring in other players who play to his style, therefore reducing the overall quality of the squad.

Because the facilities aren't the be all and end all if the personnel above and below you don't follow your methods and match your ambition.

Just because.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:11 pm

And on the game:

"Bolton boss Dougie Freedman must decide whether to re-jig his defence again with Alex Baptiste back from suspension against Wigan.The full-back served a one-game ban in the midweek win over Blackpool with David Wheater, who scored the game's only goal, coming in to the heart of the defence while Tim Ream shuffled to left-back.

Matt Mills is considered fully fit again from a knee problem but Freedman is yet to welcome him back into the fold. On-loan right-back Alan Hutton is due to play his last game before returning to Aston Villa but midfielder Andy Robinson has moved to the Reebok Stadium from Southampton and could make the squad".

Ream didn't play that badly at left back. Knight's been better of late and I can't see Mills going right back into the team at the onset. What will Dougie do for this one?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:21 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:And on the game:

"Bolton boss Dougie Freedman must decide whether to re-jig his defence again with Alex Baptiste back from suspension against Wigan.The full-back served a one-game ban in the midweek win over Blackpool with David Wheater, who scored the game's only goal, coming in to the heart of the defence while Tim Ream shuffled to left-back.

Matt Mills is considered fully fit again from a knee problem but Freedman is yet to welcome him back into the fold. On-loan right-back Alan Hutton is due to play his last game before returning to Aston Villa but midfielder Andy Robinson has moved to the Reebok Stadium from Southampton and could make the squad".

Ream didn't play that badly at left back. Knight's been better of late and I can't see Mills going right back into the team at the onset. What will Dougie do for this one?
I think you're best asking Guinevere.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:06 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

:lol: Touche, but wasn't Morgana the visionary?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:55 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

There's a plan? :shock:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:30 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

There's a plan? :shock:
Yep. Dougie cast the runes weeks ago. Camelot in Wigan is deceiving him though. He always thought it was at Charnock Richard. :wink:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:48 pm

I always thought they should get Sergeant Bash to do the lottery - liven it up a bit.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:36 pm

We'll score in the first minute.
Followed by 90 minutes of gash.
Then Wigan'll equalise with the last kick of the game.
1-1.
Businesswoman of the year.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:56 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:We'll score in the first minute.
Followed by 90 minutes of gash.
Then Wigan'll equalise with the last kick of the game.
1-1.
On that basis, I'll save me money. Cheers fella.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:25 am

It'll be a game of two halves.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:29 am

This is a tough one.

I think they will win as the game in terms of league placing and current ambitions means it's far more important to them.

2-1 to the piemen.

danhorwich
Promising
Promising

Post by danhorwich » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:43 am

He wont play right back that's for sure unless Freedman really is as bonkers as we fear he is. I hope we win but I don't think we will. God I hate pie munchers.