By Eck- T' Huddersfield Match Thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Re: By Eck- T' Huddersfield Match Thread

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:25 pm

Match must be thrilling. Tower FM are chatting about some ginger haired coronation street actor they've spotted in the crowd.
Businesswoman of the year.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:28 pm

Trotter getting praised before Juke gives away a free kick. Spearing almost on the naughty steps but gets off with a word. And.......a sliding tackle stops a Whites attack. Corner them off Zat. And....cleared off the line by Spearing...Chungy, Dans, ....Juke....and then Hammill curls one just wide for them....Sounding end-to end right now. Questonable tackle from them but the ref waves it off.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:34 pm

Chungy getting accused of diving..? Juke gets an elbow in the head but no joy. Mason, Moritz and Beckford all warming up....And......a bit of handags boiling up between Smith and Chungy. We get a free but in our half. Commentators can't spot any more soap actors in the crowd so concentrate on the game for a bit.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:39 pm

Bit more sparring between Hutton and..??? Homers getting a bit stroppy. And......the ref turns down another penalty shout on Dans. Now they have a corner and....part cleared but Bogdan grabs it. And.........again the ref refuses a penalty shout against Chungy....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:48 pm

All sounding a bit odd, that's three pen shouts for us. A goal for us about now would be nice but Wheater has to deflects a shot over from them. And......another corner and.....and....a header goes well wide. "Over t you Claude" goal kick from Bogdan to their keeper and they have a dab via Ward and....Hutton does well. They have another go but Bogdan has it. And......a bit of passing from us comes to naught. Ref giving them a load of frees wrongly says the man. And Chungy goes in hard on Smith. And......we have a throw as half time approaches and....they have a dabble and win a corner. And....some more handbags and....Bogdan has to save a header. Another corner and....we're all back and....one minute announced. And......Bogdan has to dive on the ball after a bit of dodgy defending. And.....0-0.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:59 pm

Survived part one. Part two a bit more adventurous maybe? Think we need two goals to be safe but we can do it. Come on you Whites...... :oyea: :oyea:

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:05 pm

As Garth Crooks would say! Its now time to make a change,take a bow Moritz.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:15 pm

Stats not complimentary on the Beeb. Anyone got a radio commentary stream, I can't get Tower in Derbyshire?
Pfffft.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:16 pm

Subs still warming up for the Whites, says the man. Apparently they have sunshine and Bogdan has a cap on? To and fro stuff for a bit and...their keeper clears and Chungy gets rattled. Bit of pressure from them and......Hutton has to deflect the ball onto the net top. Cleared and.....they have another corner via Wheater under pressure from Ward. And......and......and....deflected for a throw. They miss a chance via Ward ....Get a grip Whites (infra-reds then). Doesn't sound much like El Classico, but Juke wins a free kick and......and...cleared easily. Wild chance from them before we get a throw. And.....Juke, Chungy gives it away then gets it back and gives a bad pass to Medo who wins a foul...Ref ignores another foul on Chungy. Now they come again and....a bit of passing that ends in Bogdan's hands. Medo win a free and...Chungy makes a wicked pass behind Juke. Guess Chungy will be off shortly?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:17 pm

TKIZ! wrote:Stats not complimentary on the Beeb. Anyone got a radio commentary stream, I can't get Tower in Derbyshire?
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/boltonnut ... 0308070422

Relentless09gave the above one earlier & it works.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:20 pm

Dropped in to see if owt happening. Think I'll go back to watching that paint dry:(

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:29 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Dropped in to see if owt happening. Think I'll go back to watching that paint dry:(
I'm contemplating doing the garden...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:30 pm

And....and....and......didn't win the National. Anyway.....Chungy not having the best of days and.....Mason gets ready.....

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:31 pm

Did I miss owt while the National were on?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:33 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Dropped in to see if owt happening. Think I'll go back to watching that paint dry:(
:shock:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:39 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
He means calling his gardener to arrange a visit.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:41 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
He means calling his gardener to arrange a visit.
Now if only Dougie was on gardening leave. 2 birds, 1 stone etc...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:41 pm

Juke gets a late flag before Trotter leaves the turf for Mason. Get a goal lads, any which way but loose. We go and.and.....Juke's effort brings a corner. And....better, says the man as we get another corner. And.....Ward clears. And now they break and......win a corner. And.....Spearing heads off the line but we get a free for handball. They make a change and...then...Bogdan has to head it clear. And....Ward's header tipped over by Bogdan. Too much action on our hearthrug right now. Free kick us for a foul on Hutton and...they come again but Dans sallies forth. Knight slips up and Wells falls over it before Knight eventually clears. Barcelona scouts have gone home unimpressed as the homers put us under pressure. Goal kick as Beckford and Moritz warm up.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:44 pm

Beckford on for the Duke. Come on.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:47 pm

Keeping "the gift" wrapped again I see.