I've got ten on Riga mortice - Charlton (A) 18/4/14

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Relentless09
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: I've got ten on Riga mortice - Charlton (A) 18/4/14

Post by Relentless09 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:09 pm

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/boltonnut ... 0308070422" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Radio stream

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:09 pm

Beckford and Juke? Could it take off and explode? Well, we can always hope. Here we go then....
Beckford got put through early but ended in a clash with Hamer and both down. Both okay and ready to carry on with a dropped ball to Hamer. Now....Wheater giving a loving hug to one of theirs the we get a free. Lee, Dans, Spearing and....Juke. Comes to nought in the end as Juke's header is weak. Spearing sets us off, Trotter Danns and nothing comes of it. Sounds like a decent start but their defence sort it out.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:10 pm

I've met Dan. He exists. Nice lad.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:12 pm

Who's doing the commentary on Tower FM? Is he even at the game? Sounds like he's doing it from his bedroom watching it on tinternet.
Businesswoman of the year.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:20 pm

We have another sally forth but they win a throw. Danns figuring early but they have a dab and then we win a corner and Trotter gets a shot in. Now they break quickly and Church heads wide. A real chance for them apparently. They come at us but it ends up with Bogdan. Lee, Danns and Spearing get us moving but Morrison robs Juke at the death. We win another corner and....it isn't a good one from Ream. We're still interested and Hutton bangs one in towards Juke. Coomentator, please note, we aren't interested in Bury or Huddersfield or their scores. Trotter gets a mention and Lee sounds to be figuring in things. Spearing attacks an Addick and gives away a free. Now they have a bit of a charge but Ream wallops it away from danger. And....they have it back and come again. Mills knocks it away. Commentators voice is so full of enthusiasm...not. .

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:25 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:Who's doing the commentary on Tower FM? Is he even at the game? Sounds like he's doing it from his bedroom watching it on tinternet.
Maybe he's watching on a mobile phone and has a cracked screen.... :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:26 pm

Trotter, Spearing, Hutton Wheater and........Bogdan. That was exciting. And......they have a shot that is just wide. That's twice they've been in positions to score and not taken chances. Bit worrying that they're getting em though. And.....now they have it back and.....Bogdan has to make a good save after Wheater got an elbow with no penalty. Tim Spearing....TIM SPEARING? clears it.....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:27 pm

Things looking up a bit and the commentator's voice rises to the excitement level of a chess match. Now, we have a sally and........Ohhhhh Danns tries one and sends it just over.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:33 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:Who's doing the commentary on Tower FM? Is he even at the game? Sounds like he's doing it from his bedroom watching it on tinternet.
Thanks for that....You've just made me cry.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:34 pm

Actually I was already crying due to the dreadful commentary.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:34 pm

They break and try a shot that goes wide....and is a goal kick despite claims otherwise. About now would be a nice time to take a lead lads. They have men forward and play possession for a bit around our box. Now they come again and.....Wilson has a dab that ends up rattling Ream's family jewel box. Corner them and.....Bogdan punches and we break. Del Boy mentioned twice and......almost a chance for Beckford. They sally, Mills clears twice and they get a throw. Now Bogdan punches for a throw but we clear. Chungy wins a free kick and it's in a chance area...Ream, Danns? And........Danns hits the keepers gloves.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:49 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Thanks for that....You've just made me cry.
Look at it as an opportunity to upgrade to a newer, fancier model - there's always a bright side.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:49 pm

Commentators voice rises in decibels to the level of a ladies rounders match on Queens Park at, least I think so. He might have spilled his coffee in his lap accidentally as they clear again. Danns, Beckford, Chungy and....now Bogdan clears and it ends up with Danns. Bogdan sees it again as we learn about Sheffield Wednesday, oh goody. Meanwhile....goalkick them and a bit of midfield head tennis before they charge at us. We get cracking via Trotter and Spearing but the cross misses Juke. And.....somebody with a funny name does something and Bogdan wallops it and we get a free kick up front ....And...Danns sends it in and.......Juke gets a header on target but Morrison sticks a boot in its path. Another corner via Ream and......a goal kick via big Dave.
This commentator is rattling foreign names off with all the aplomb of an Albanian diplomat, and.....they have a sally that Wheater clears. Half time draws nigh and the excitement mounts at the thought of a hot pie with gravy. ....And....part one ends as Jackson launches one into space.
Commentator's favourite word....dead ball. 0-0. No, wrong. Another two minutes of intense excitement and.....and....xxxxxvitch or summat gets mentioned and " the ball is transferred from left to right"...End of part one.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:52 pm

Is the match dire or the commentator making it so?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:57 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:Is the match dire or the commentator making it so?
Don't know but I'd suggest he doesn't give his day job up.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:00 pm

Who is he TANGO?
I'm missing the chocolaty smooth soothing tones of Gary Henshaw.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:03 pm

Don't know Hoss, but..."the ball gets transferred from left to right" ffs. Bring back Graham Whatsit, even if he does mention Westhoughton market every other sentence...

No Saturday football to look forward to and if...unmentionably...we should manage not to win,it'll be because of playing today. Now the wife's mentioning gardening tomorrow. Let em see a bit of sunshine and ..... :( Part Two commences.

Relentless09
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Relentless09 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:12 pm

Would like to see one of the youngsters getting on at some stage in this match

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:13 pm

Here come the gladiators, and the excitement rises to fever pitch as the voice man sums up the first half with all the enthusiasm of a weather reporter. Ref is Brendan Malone, by the way, just in case anybody collects refs names. And.....and....it's the homers who come first but we clear and.....Spearing drills one just wide after a decent break.. We have it again but lose out and they sally Bogdanwards. And...Fox and.....no cigar. The Ginger stopper sets us off and some less than Barcelonaesque stuff ensues. Now we come visiting but are reppelled for a throw. Gee, this is hard work. Danns tries one and wins a corner. Ream and......and.....and....ohhhhhh Mills header is scooped off the line as the Whites claim it on. No joy.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:20 pm

"Acrobatic clearance off the line", we're told. Now we sally again via Danns and cleared. Chungy now and...back to Hutton and Church assaults an advertising hoarding but is declared alive. Fox throws it in and....Bogdan, Ream, Trotter, cleared by them and Ream clears and we ....lose it back to them. It must be better than it sounds. I know, I'll turn the volume up and maybe hear some noise. Sounds like there are about a dozen of a crowd as.......we have it, lose it, passes back and Bogdan is in a situation as the homers claim a penalty. We get away with it to much booing from the homers before we break and win a corner that comes to nought. Morrison threatening the ref with death for a wrong call but to no avail.