I've got ten on Riga mortice - Charlton (A) 18/4/14

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Charlton Athletic Away. The Match Thread.

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:17 pm

IIRC Charlton come out to The Skids' Into The Valley, so relevant and no "hijack"!
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:08 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:IIRC Charlton come out to The Skids' Into The Valley, so relevant and no "hijack"!
They do.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:52 pm

Call this a match thread?!!

I'm lost for words, lost for words I say.

To work out what's gone wrong here you'd need the skills of Poirot.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:57 pm

I mean, it hardly follows the Standard format and completely ignores my pun Addicksion.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Re: A Dick's Errand - Charlton Away Moved

Post by Gary the Enfield » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:30 pm

WtW

Am I misinterpreting something or is there a subtext to your responses over this and the other Carlton thread? I've apologised for hijacking that (even though it wasn't me who began the digression) and now you seem to be having a pop here. I don't pretend to have an expensive knowledge of all branches of Christian religion and my question was a genuine one. I wasn't intending to sound superior or 'holier than thou'. Ill leave that for those who think they are.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:35 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:WtW

Am I misinterpreting something or is there a subtext to your responses over this and the other Carlton thread? I've apologised for hijacking that (even though it wasn't me who began the digression) and now you seem to be having a pop here. I don't pretend to have an expensive knowledge of all branches of Christian religion and my question was a genuine one. I wasn't intending to sound superior or 'holier than thou'. Ill leave that for those who think they are.
No subtext, none at all. It just amused me that it became a discussion of religious habits so quickly, then the alternative thread became one on music. And i thought you'd started the digressions. My apologies for the misunderstanding..

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:03 pm

Enoch wrote:I mean, it hardly follows the Standard format and completely ignores my pun Addicksion.
"O2 win at the Valley"
"Will it be a good Friday in SE9?"
"Nailed on win or will we be cross?"
"Sordell is Addick"

Take your pick. :D
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:06 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:Whoa! Let's just hold on a doggone minute, my friend. Tradition dictates that this thread must be called "Into the Valley". Nothing else will do.
Betrothed and divine

:pray:
The first band I ever saw live - Jan '79, Eric's in Liverpool.
Saw SLF there too about six months later.
Funnily enough, on R2's Sounds Of The '70s this afternoon, Johnny Walker played Alternative Ulster immediately followed by Into The Valley. If that isn't a sign, then I don't know what is.
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:48 am

William the White wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:WtW

No subtext, none at all. It just amused me that it became a discussion of religious habits so quickly, then the alternative thread became one on music. And i thought you'd started the digressions. My apologies for the misunderstanding..

Fair enough.

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:41 am

Can anyone explain the logic of moving the game forward by a day? Kind of pissed off at this news having booked my train tickets.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:51 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
bobo the clown wrote: Never been so uncomfortable in my life as when I went to a happy-clappy, singalong, musical service where people hugged and high fived at one point.
Ditto Bobo. I thought I'd interupted a lottery win celebration. (I'm confessing it was a fair while I'd been absent without leave.) Cate Blanchet quote from the latest Robin Hood film......"I prefer an empty church when I pray!" Me too Cate, me too.
And I've no doubt that your opportunities are endless. Today a church, tomorrow a carpet warehouse. Unto each their own.
I was working in Darwen on a client for a couple of weeks, noticed a church that had been converted into a mechanics garage that offered a special deal on a 'Sunday Service'. There's also one in Lancaster that is now a pub, in my opinion putting the building to much better use, especially when they used to do £1 pints when I was a student there.

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:21 pm

Dr.Karl wrote:Can anyone explain the logic of moving the game forward by a day? Kind of pissed off at this news having booked my train tickets.
If you can prove that you have pre-booked train tickets before 24th March you will be offered a free match ticket.

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/char ... 41772.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:53 pm

89bwfc89 wrote:
Dr.Karl wrote:Can anyone explain the logic of moving the game forward by a day? Kind of pissed off at this news having booked my train tickets.
If you can prove that you have pre-booked train tickets before 24th March you will be offered a free match ticket.

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/char ... 41772.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks saw that earlier. Will enquire with the club.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

danhorwich
Promising
Promising

Post by danhorwich » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:27 pm

89bwfc89 wrote:

If they do do that then I take my hat of to the club as there is not many who would. FYI Dr Karl I know Wigan announced they were moving their fixture at home to Reading from the Saturday to the Friday about a month ago which suggest that Charlton should have done so at a similar point. On te bright side the trains will be less full.
"Oh f**k off you daft southern c**t"

danhorwich
Promising
Promising

Post by danhorwich » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:30 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:Whoa! Let's just hold on a doggone minute, my friend. Tradition dictates that this thread must be called "Into the Valley". Nothing else will do.
Betrothed and divine

Funnily enough, on R2's Sounds Of The '70s this afternoon, Johnny Walker played Alternative Ulster immediately followed by Into The Valley. If that isn't a sign, then I don't know what is.
Good song and I am forever thankful to Pru for putting it in the music thread a few months ago.
"Oh f**k off you daft southern c**t"

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:42 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Betrothed and divine

Wrong... I was there too,
it was March 1979, Saturday March 17th
and here's the proof (I've got all the Eric's posters x marks me going to see the bands)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:00 pm

No Undertones?
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:13 pm

Armchair Wanderer wrote:No Undertones?
:( nope, missed them.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:22 pm

ah the Antigallican, was for ages my favourite away pub. no idea what its like nowadays...

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:24 pm

Whenever I drive past it always looks a bit forlorn but it's probably busy on match days. 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.