Pre season friendlies at Macc, Preston, Tranmere and Dale

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Pre season friendlies at Macc, Preston, Tranmere and Dal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 27, 2014 9:27 am

bobo the clown wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:Even so I would think they would much prefer an employee who is going to miss the odd Tuesday than one who is going to take a 2 weeks block holiday.
You believe that at your inexperienced peril.

Someone taking regular one day here one day there will p them off rather a lot.

Those who, one way or another seem to rarely put a full week in are not usually allowed to. Further, you need to ... as I said a few days ago ... buckle down. Watching Bolton is all well & good but you need some balance.

Seriously, do what the fck you want .... but if you want these people to take you seriously you need to think about a few things.

That's the lot. No more advice from me.
Bobo is right though it does depend on the type of work.

If you have a job where cover has to be arranged for any leave then taking one day every week or two will result in them hating you.

If you have a job that is non essential on a day to day basis (most jobs are like this) then I think beyond the irritation of them having to agree your leave it's probably less of an issue.

However, more general advice. As much as you might love football using your precious leave up for pre-season friendlies will not IMO make you happy. Once you really get in to the daily grind of work those leave days will be precious nuggets of joy that need protecting and to be used wisely at all costs. In my view at least.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue May 27, 2014 9:34 am

It's probably not really the place to ask - as Bruce pointed out none-too-gently!

you might get general advice here - it's as much as anyone can offer - employers differ widely in their attitudes to stuff - but nobody on here has worked for your employer - so we really don't know. Why not ask your employer?

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue May 27, 2014 10:05 am

thebish wrote:It's probably not really the place to ask - as Bruce pointed out none-too-gently!

you might get general advice here - it's as much as anyone can offer - employers differ widely in their attitudes to stuff - but nobody on here has worked for your employer - so we really don't know. Why not ask your employer?
Well I seem to be on very good terms with him at the moment so will ask him in the near future. From what I can read into it my job is not the sort whereby it is time restricted, in essence what I am saying is having 1 day of (from what I can see) will not be a problem if I come in early on other days in the week compared to if I took 2 whole weeks of in one go, the business make very clear that they do no want employees for any reason to take more than 2 weeks of in 1 go. Given the business only has about 40 employees if that somebody taking 2 weeks of would mean that several other people would have to work overtime during that period to cover, I can't see a position whereby they would have to do that myself taking 1 day of would be an issue if I worked for 2 hours longer each day for the rest of such week.

Sorry for dragging this thread so severely of the note of pre season friendlies.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue May 27, 2014 10:07 am

Still no news of the 'prestigious' home game yet?

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Tue May 27, 2014 10:08 am

Dan, they're your holidays to use as you fcuking well like

Ignore these miserable buggers who attend a couple of games per season

If it makes you happy, go with it

You might be dead tomorrow

Obviously, you could choose to let your employment rule your non working time
Sto ut Serviam

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue May 27, 2014 10:11 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:Always leave your desk carrying a piece of paper and looking like you're in a bit of a rush. That way people will think you're doing something important, when you go forra morning dump for 30 mins.
It also provides some reading whilst taking said dump. I used to print off stuff from the Internet for this purpose :mrgreen:
Gross. :vomit: We really need some more ladies on this forum to raise the tone a bit at times! ;)
I'll get my sister to sign up, but she's as vulgar as anyone on here.
I also have a sister, her views on the north of England(despite living their for the first 5 years of her live and having a northern mother) would send most of you into fits of rage, this is a girl who believes Thatcher was a hero! Thank you Worthy and AT for sharing you bathroom habits, I wonder how your employers feel about you disappearing for 30 mins for "a dump".
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue May 27, 2014 10:13 am

CAPSLOCK wrote:Dan, they're your holidays to use as you fcuking well like

Ignore these miserable buggers who attend a couple of games per season

If it makes you happy, go with it

You might be dead tomorrow

Obviously, you could choose to let your employment rule your non working time
Well it's more I would have f**k all to do if I had to take them in week long blocks never mind 2 week blocks, I suppose I could always go back to Burnley or Redcar for 2 weeks although I think I would return to work having lost any will to live.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Tue May 27, 2014 10:15 am

As it happens, I find losing my lot for a day at a time, much easier to cover than covering a week

nb you really shouldn't take my advice as BWFC ruined my life :)
Sto ut Serviam

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue May 27, 2014 10:20 am

Maybe, you have a point though on life I might get stabbed for my wallet in Falinge on the way back to Rochdale station.
Last edited by bwfcdan94 on Tue May 27, 2014 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trotski
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Trotski » Tue May 27, 2014 10:20 am

A bit of info on the Danish venues.

Brøndby is the 2nd biggest club in the country. It's situated on the outskirts of Copenhagen - a shortish train/bus ride away. The stadium is a 25000 seater. Not exactly charming. Good set of supporters too, but I'm guessing the lure of the mighty wanderers is probably not that great. We may be looking at 2-3000 in atteandance. Biggest profiles: Thomas Kahlenberg (ex Auxerre, Wolfsburg), Khalid Boularouz (Chelsea) and Simon Makienok. A decent side these days after years of toil.

FC Vestsjælland is in Slagelse. It's a small club with a provinsial stadium situated in south western Zealand, approx. an hours train ride from Cph. I've never been at the stadium. They've been languishing in the lower leagues for years, but got promoted to the superliga a year ago. They only just survived to the surprise of of pundits. Profiles: Dennis Sørensen (ex Bundesliga), Michael Lumb (ex St. Petersburg)
Oh coitus!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue May 27, 2014 10:23 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:Always leave your desk carrying a piece of paper and looking like you're in a bit of a rush. That way people will think you're doing something important, when you go forra morning dump for 30 mins.
It also provides some reading whilst taking said dump. I used to print off stuff from the Internet for this purpose :mrgreen:
Gross. :vomit: We really need some more ladies on this forum to raise the tone a bit at times! ;)
What? :conf:

You've never read the paper on the bog? Printing out the online version is more subtle than walking into the bog with a massive paper under your arm.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue May 27, 2014 10:27 am

bwfcdan94 wrote:Thank you Worthy and AT for sharing you bathroom habits, I wonder how your employers feel about you disappearing for 30 mins for "a dump".
They don't give a shit.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue May 27, 2014 10:40 am

Is that because your very important.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue May 27, 2014 1:18 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:Thank you Worthy and AT for sharing you bathroom habits, I wonder how your employers feel about you disappearing for 30 mins for "a dump".
They don't give a shit.
Same here - they don't pay me to attend a number of hours a day (well legally they do, but in practice it doesn't work like that). I have long range targets, and as long as I achieve them, they're not bothered how long I spend in the dumping hut.

As it happens, that little "grab a bit of paper" advice was given to me about 30 years ago, when I was about Dan's age. These days, I don't have time to shit.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue May 27, 2014 1:53 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
As it happens, that little "grab a bit of paper" advice was given to me about 30 years ago, when I was about Dan's age. These days, I don't have time to shit.
adult nappies are your friend...

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue May 27, 2014 1:55 pm

Or you could just not sh*t, eat less fibre.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue May 27, 2014 2:27 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:Is that because your very important.
Not particularly. As Worthy mentions above, it is results that matter. I'm way beyond the career stage where being seen at a desk looking busy is important. A company hires me to achieve certain goals. As long as I achieve those goals they're not bothered what I'm doing at any given moment.
Anyway, even on the bog I'm technically working as I'm contactable. I draw the line at video conferences mind :D

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue May 27, 2014 2:32 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Not particularly. As Worthy mentions above, it is results that matter. I'm way beyond the career stage where being seen at a desk looking busy is important. A company hires me to achieve certain goals. As long as I achieve those goals they're not bothered what I'm doing at any given moment.
Anyway, even on the bog I'm technically working as I'm contactable. I draw the line at video conferences mind :D
You could spin off a decent sideline on that, in certain quarters. :-)

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue May 27, 2014 2:48 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
You could spin off a decent sideline on that, in certain quarters. :-)
Not sure I'd get it past the Internet filters here :lol:

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue May 27, 2014 5:20 pm

KICK OFF SWITCHED: Bolton's pre-season game away at Danish side FC Vestsjaelland will now kick off at 4pm, as opposed to 6pm.