Watford Away 09/08/2014 - Match Thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Watford Away 09/08/2014 - Match Thread

Post by danardif1 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:45 am

I might be able to make this now... does depend on money though as I'm off to New York the weekend after...

Hmmm... £25 train and £26 ticket for first day of the season.

Hmmm...

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:46 am

Will tickets still be available on the day?

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:43 am

bwfcdan94 wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:The Oddfellows practically across the road from the ground, is away friendly apparently! Sounds appropriate, if only for the name!

Edit - Match day BBQ!
If you all would rather meet somewhere more central then that's not a problem by me, I don't mind where we go, as I said I was just making a suggestion. The Happy hour is just over half a mile walk from Bushey, a mile from the ground and Watford high street station, but almost 2 miles from Watford Junction station.

discuss!
Cheers Dan. Very generous of you! :wink:

My thinking was just that it's on the way to the ground from the station. Food available and beer garden. There's a couple of decent reviews for it too.

Just an alternative suggestion and maybe easier for some, than walking the mile or so to the ground, perhaps.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:55 pm

Freedman on Lonergan/Bogdan - from the BN...
ANDY Lonergan has been told he will start the season as first choice for Wanderers.

With speculation growing over the future of Adam Bogdan, Dougie Freedman has confirmed the Hungarian keeper will not be fit to start the Championship opener against Watford in eight days’ time.

The Whites boss agreed that Lonergan was in “inspired” form after the pre-season victory over Port Vale on Wednesday night and has now challenged the former Leeds United man to keep hold of the gloves.

“Andy has stepped right up to the plate and he will start the season for us,” Freedman confirmed to The Bolton News.

“Hopefully he can keep that form and keep that jersey. He has always been in there – and it’s been difficult at this club because I have always had two top goalkeepers.

“I’ve never really had what I consider a number one keeper and a number two keeper, they have both been fighting it out.

“Like any player, whoever is in top form will play, and I have tried to give both of them ample opportunity.”

Bogdan had been scheduled to feature at Vale Park in midweek and news of his non-appearance fuelled yet more rumour that he is set to depart during this transfer window.

German club FSV Mainz and Championship rivals Fulham have been strongly linked with the 26-year-old, who like Lonergan has just 12 months remaining on his contract.

But Freedman stuck to his guns when asked to explain Bogdan’s absence, insisting it was simply a medical matter rather than any reflection on his contractual situation.

“Adam has got a back problem that came about at the end of last season and it healed perfectly well,” the manager explained.

“He was supposed to play against Port Vale but he’s a perfectionist and on Friday he did too much in training. He pushed himself too hard and set himself back a little bit.

“He is training away but as his back is a little bit sore we didn’t feel it was a good idea to play him and risk him.

“But the situation will clear itself up.”

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:58 pm

Beckford sounding confident...

(I don't think I'd realised he only had 19 appearances last season - is that right??)

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... _/?ref=mac

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:07 pm

thebish wrote:Freedman on Lonergan/Bogdan - from the BN...

But Freedman stuck to his guns when asked to explain Bogdan’s absence, insisting it was simply a medical matter rather than any reflection on his contractual situation.

“Adam has got a back problem that came about at the end of last season and it healed perfectly well,” the manager explained.

“He was supposed to play against Port Vale but he’s a perfectionist and on Friday he did too much in training. He pushed himself too hard and set himself back a little bit.

“He is training away but as his back is a little bit sore we didn’t feel it was a good idea to play him and risk him.

“But the situation will clear itself up.”
I don't understand the logic of those suggesting he's missing games because he's going to be sold. I mean he's missed games for weeks now. Any prospective transfer would have happened if that were the reason, long long before now.

I'm sure he would be sold if an offer came in.

But clearly Bogdan has an injury that is slow to clear up. He was training at Bolton today. You can't be on the "verge" of a move and so close to it that you're not risked in pre-season games for a month.....

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:15 pm

Yeah it's bollocks.. I don't think I've heard of a transfer happening when the buying club has said "don't play him and we'll give you more money", or "if he gets a knock, we're not buying him".

Bol.Locks
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:35 pm

boltonboris wrote:Yeah it's bollocks.. I don't think I've heard of a transfer happening when the buying club has said "don't play him and we'll give you more money", or "if he gets a knock, we're not buying him".

Bol.Locks
Over a month? Yeah sure over a week or so. But a club offers money and asks for him not to be played in the forthcoming pre-season game. Fine that happens. But the player then goes for talks and a medical and the transfer happens.

Any transfer that was so close to have stopped Boggers playing would have been concluded weeks and weeks ago. If he isn't being played because of a transfer why the hell has he not left yet?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:41 pm

Because it's bollocks.. As I've said
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:46 pm

Right, ordered my tickets. Found out that I could create another account client number for a friend/family member - easy enough.

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:06 pm

Anyone else's 'Adult' ticket look like this?

Normally they'd have a rip off tab with Adult on the end but this one just says Student? I've checked with the club and they tell me that this is an adult.


Devon White
Promising
Promising

Post by Devon White » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:40 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:The Oddfellows practically across the road from the ground, is away friendly apparently! Sounds appropriate, if only for the name!

Edit - Match day BBQ!
If you all would rather meet somewhere more central then that's not a problem by me, I don't mind where we go, as I said I was just making a suggestion. The Happy hour is just over half a mile walk from Bushey, a mile from the ground and Watford high street station, but almost 2 miles from Watford Junction station.

discuss!

My thinking was just that it's on the way to the ground from the station. Food available and beer garden. There's a couple of decent reviews for it too.

Just an alternative suggestion and maybe easier for some, than walking the mile or so to the ground, perhaps.
Hi BP,
Went last season and it was fine, got served quickly, food ok, no trouble, had 2 hours drinking and then walked easily to the ground, i think nearer the ground could be very busy = not getting served and potential for scuffles and i am to old for that crap. Be nice to meet up with some other forum members,

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:31 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:

Edit - Match day BBQ!

discuss!

you know what I was trying too say

The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Toni_DelijeSever
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Toni_DelijeSever » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:37 pm

I'm looking forward to see Andy on the goal line, was always thinking of him as a good goalie without a decent chance to play constantly at Bolton.

Season premiers are always tough for us, so I don't expect much.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaVIQoyFue0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:07 pm

Tickets haven't arrived despite ordering them on Thursday and the money is still outstanding in my account.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:05 pm

Have you rang them, Dan?
May the bridges I burn light your way

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:18 pm

Not open now are they?, I am going to give them a ring during my break tomorrow, it's more that the money is still waiting collection from my account that worry's me, I have dropped them an email and have sent them the confirmation details they sent me.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:03 pm

WATFORD TICKETS: Supporters can still secure their seat for Wanderers' opening game of the season with almost 900 tickets sold so far for the trip to Vicarage Road.

Have you rang them yet, Daniel?
May the bridges I burn light your way

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:10 pm

"Have you rang them" ???????

What madness is this ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:13 pm

bobo the clown wrote:"Have you rang them" ???????

What madness is this ?
s'ok Bobo - I think he's went and done it this afternoon... 8)