Forest Home 16/08/2014 - Match Thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Forest Home 16/08/2014 - Match Thread

Post by Little Green Man » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:44 pm

Having just watched the highlights of the shambolic opening game and now realising with dread that I've invited the Forest-supporting brother-in-law up for the forthcoming Festival weekend, I thought I might as well hammer the final nail in next Saturday's performance by starting the match thread.

We'll get humped - probably with a stranded 'three times a loanee' Mason playing on his own up front.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Re: Forest Home 16/08/2014 - Match Thread

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:02 pm

Does tubby(he's even fatter than me) still play for them, he took the piss last year at their place.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:06 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:Does tubby(he's even fatter than me) still play for them, he took the piss last year at their place.
Reid. I was desperate for someone to take him out last year. Arsehole.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Fat Boy is always a danger, probably their best player. Bit of a dirty bastard too.

Before the season started, I kinda forgot how tough this game would actually be. Now I'm thinking we'll get beat, maybe 2-1.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:37 pm

I'd love to say I'm optimistic. But they were far better than us last season.

I s'pose my feeling towards the match hinges on Tuesday's result. Lose, and the atmosphere will be toxic, and we'll be lucky to concede 2. Win, and a draw might begin to look a little more achievable...

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:25 pm

unfortunately old Psychopants will have the oppo well up for it, he's on a mission to out-clough Cloughie.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:53 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:unfortunately old Psychopants will have the oppo well up for it, he's on a mission to out-clough Cloughie.
He's shite though?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:07 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:unfortunately old Psychopants will have the oppo well up for it, he's on a mission to out-clough Cloughie.
He's shite though?
He may well be shite, but the sprites and elves of Forestland* believe in him, and having a positive mindset can only help - as we know to our cost as we have tested this theory ourselves albeit mainly in the negative.

*(unfortunately I reside on the borders of Forestland and so oft overhear whispers as the forest folk gather in glades and dells, and they are full of chuff at the moment when supping their mead and puffing ther eciggies)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:11 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
He's shite though?
He may well be shite, but the sprites and elves of Forestland believe in him, and having a positive mindset can only help - as we know to our cost as we have tested this theory ourselves albeit mainly in the negative.
I'm not talking about how it influences a single game on Saturday - you are probably right. But we've tested this theory out ourselves. Get a manager who the fans like who used to play for you who is relentlessly positive...........I reckon Pearce is about as good as him!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:13 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
He's shite though?
He may well be shite, but the sprites and elves of Forestland believe in him, and having a positive mindset can only help - as we know to our cost as we have tested this theory ourselves albeit mainly in the negative.
I'm not talking about how it influences a single game on Saturday - you are probably right. But we've tested this theory out ourselves. Get a manager who the fans like who used to play for you who is relentlessly positive...........I reckon Pearce is about as good as him!
I too have no doubt it will all go pear shaped... but I was just on about the one game, and I don't think it's going tits up quite that quickly for him.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:20 pm

They also have strikers that Duggie will be shitting himself about and no doubt coming up with a defensive web which won't work like that venglos fella did years ago at villa.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:30 pm

1-3 and DF's reign starts a three match journey towards gardening leave.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:25 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:1-3 and DF's reign starts a three match journey towards gardening leave.
Own goal?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:22 pm

Even at the extremely unlikely happening of Dougie getting praise, I really want us to win this.
Losing is becoming exceedingly depressing. A win would at least help a little to stop seeing Whites life through a glass darkly for oh, at least till Saturday. .
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:30 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Even at the extremely unlikely happening of Dougie getting praise, I really want us to win this.
surely you'd want us to win regardless of what reaction it caused towards the manager?? why would dougie getting praise have any bearing at all on you wanting us to win a game?? why is it even a consideration??? why is it even in the equation???

i don't understand this kind of thinking at all...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:40 pm

thebish wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Even at the extremely unlikely happening of Dougie getting praise, I really want us to win this.
surely you'd want us to win regardless of what reaction it caused towards the manager?? why would dougie getting praise have any bearing at all on you wanting us to win a game?? why is it even a consideration??? why is it even in the equation???

Firstly (as the Saturday bit will bear out) I posted this in the wrong thread. It was for tomorrow night's game. Secondly, I'm not much of a Dougie fan right at this moment. It was a comment on something somebody else said about picking a weaker side and winning the Bury game. If Dougie manages to inspire a fighting performance I'll be pleased, but I doubt it somehow. Happy to be wrong.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:07 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
thebish wrote:

Firstly (as the Saturday bit will bear out) I posted this in the wrong thread. It was for tomorrow night's game. Secondly, I'm not much of a Dougie fan right at this moment. It was a comment on something somebody else said about picking a weaker side and winning the Bury game. If Dougie manages to inspire a fighting performance I'll be pleased, but I doubt it somehow. Happy to be wrong.

maybe we are different kinds of fan then. I want us to win every game - without reservation. whether or not the manager might get praised for it is (to me) a complete irrelevance, also - whatever day it is played on or whatever competition it is in - even if it is a friendly.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:14 pm

thebish wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
thebish wrote:

maybe we are different kinds of fan then. I want us to win every game - without reservation. whether or not the manager might get praised for it is (to me) a complete irrelevance, also - whatever day it is played on or whatever competition it is in - even if it is a friendly.
Different kinds of fan? What on earth are you on about? Of course I always want us to win games, every game. You do go to great lengths to be contrary and give lectures. Not sure why the post even needed comment at all? Let it go.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:20 pm

it's just the "Even at the extremely unlikely happening of Dougie getting praise" part I simply don't get. why would it make any difference to you wanting to win if he got praise not?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:38 pm

thebish wrote:it's just the "Even at the extremely unlikely happening of Dougie getting praise" part I simply don't get. why would it make any difference to you wanting to win if he got praise not?
Sheesh, is it really that hard? I've never been a bed-sheet warrior, but right now Dougie isn't my favourite person. Despite that, I'd be happy to say "Well done" (give praise as in not to the Lord) if we could get a win. That's it. What's so hard about that not to get?