Forest Home 16/08/2014 - Match Thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Forest Home 16/08/2014 - Match Thread

Post by thebish » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:48 pm

sheeesh!! let it go!!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:22 pm

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:10 pm

Bogdan
Mcnaughton
3 others from the collection of not-quite-knight-alikes
Spearing
Danns
Chung
Feeney
Davies craig (assuming davies mark is injured, standard)
Mason

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:18 am

Was just thinking something similar, Dibs. DF surely mustn't ignore Feeney after impressing; Mason's a shoo-in, but that means we need another forward, and Craig D looks the best bet; playing two up top must mean dropping at least one of Spearing/Medo; Danns must start. That leaves one space - Chungy or just possibly Mavies. I'd go:

Bongergran (does it matter which?)
McNaughton, Mills, Ream, Cowdrill
..............Spearing, Danns..............
Feeney...........Mason...........Chungy
...........CraigDaviesISuppose...........

Subs to chase the game we'll inevitably lose: Hall, half-fit Mavies, half-arsed Beckford

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:37 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Was just thinking something similar, Dibs. DF surely mustn't ignore Feeney after impressing; Mason's a shoo-in, but that means we need another forward, and Craig D looks the best bet; playing two up top must mean dropping at least one of Spearing/Medo; Danns must start. That leaves one space - Chungy or just possibly Mavies. I'd go:

Bongergran (does it matter which?)
McNaughton, Mills, Ream, Cowdrill
..............Spearing, Danns..............
Feeney...........Mason...........Chungy
...........CraigDaviesISuppose...........

Subs to chase the game we'll inevitably lose: Hall, half-fit Mavies, half-arsed Beckford
Well, he's not going to not ply his captain, which sidelines Medo. If Mavies is fit then he'll be on the bench as he's no recent game time from pre-season.

Danns made a huge difference when he came on & any manager worth the name needs to show faith after a performance.

Hopefull Cowdrill makes it though :shock:
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Bruno3 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:16 am

There doesn't seem much interest in tomorrow's game so thought I'd ask for advice from fellow sufferers to resolve a dilemma. The issues are as follows:
1) Tomorrow is the first home game of the season and I haven't missed one for many years
2) Tomorrow is my grandson's third birthday and the family are getting together
3) We're playing sh*t and the atmosphere could get nasty if (when) we go behind

Question is: Should I go or should I stay?

Norpig
Promising
Promising

Post by Norpig » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:25 am

Bruno3 wrote:There doesn't seem much interest in tomorrow's game so thought I'd ask for advice from fellow sufferers to resolve a dilemma. The issues are as follows:
1) Tomorrow is the first home game of the season and I haven't missed one for many years
2) Tomorrow is my grandson's third birthday and the family are getting together
3) We're playing sh*t and the atmosphere could get nasty if (when) we go behind

Question is: Should I go or should I stay?

You have to go why the hell should you get away with it using some lame arsed excuse which to be fair we all have better things to do!!

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Bruno3 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:35 am

OK - let's put the question another way - what excuse is acceptable for not going?

Norpig
Promising
Promising

Post by Norpig » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:41 am

I think DF is a stubborn SOB so he will go with the team which finished last weeks game (hopefully he is not so stubborn as to see Pratley as a footballer). He may throw Mason in out of desperation but he may be on the bench! I would play the following;

GK - Bogdan (far better keeper than Lonergan, who made a few mistakes last week)
RB - McNaughton (was not impressive last week but he can do a job for us)
CB - Mills (did not cover himself in glory last week but who else have we got?)
CB - Wheater (looked good against Bury, if he is fit enough I would play him)
LB - Ream (Moxey looked awful last week and picked up an injury (Curse of the LB strikes again))
DM - Spearing (was probably our best player last week has to learn not to try and do everything himself)
LM - CY Lee (he was a bit defensive last week but most of the time if he had made an effort to go down the wing there was nobody up front to pass to, he actaully looked better coming inside)
RM - Feeney - (he was good coming on at Watford give the team more balance)
CM - Medo (I would push this fella up the field he always looks a better player when he is pushed forward)
RF - Mason (How much training he has done with us this week is unknown but he knows the set up)
LF - Davies (He put in a lot of effort last week without much support he can hold the ball up for Mason)

I do fear for us in this game Forest have a strong midfield and pacy forwards, we have neither, going at them is our only hope, even then we could get tonked. Not hopeful, but you never know in football COYW!!

Norpig
Promising
Promising

Post by Norpig » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:47 am

Bruno I would accept death of a relative (provided they died on either the day of the match or the day before), birth of a child (again it would have to be on the day of the match). Having to work (people need to work to fund going to football).

Surely anything else can be arranged around football, can't they? I will leave it to your own conscience Bruno, I have missed games for less but the guilt just eats me up!!

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Bruno3 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:48 am

Norpig wrote:I think DF is a stubborn SOB so he will go with the team which finished last weeks game (hopefully he is not so stubborn as to see Pratley as a footballer). He may throw Mason in out of desperation but he may be on the bench! I would play the following;

GK - Bogdan (far better keeper than Lonergan, who made a few mistakes last week)
LB - Ream (Moxey looked awful last week and picked up an injury (Curse of the LB strikes again))
DM - Spearing (was probably our best player last week has to learn not to try and do everything himself)
LM - CY Lee (he was a bit defensive last week but most of the time if he had made an effort to go down the wing there was nobody up front to pass to, he actaully looked better coming inside)
CM - Medo (I would push this fella up the field he always looks a better player when he is pushed forward)
RF - Mason (How much training he has done with us this week is unknown but he knows the set up)
LF - Davies (He put in a lot of effort last week without much support he can hold the ball up for Mason)

I do fear for us in this game Forest have a strong midfield and pacy forwards, we have neither, going at them is our only hope, even then we could get tonked. Not hopeful, but you never know in football COYW!!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:49 am

This thread title protocol is crap. The thread should be called "Can we see the wood for the trees?" or something like that.

THEN we'd have a chance of winning. As it is there's not a hope.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Bruno3 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:52 am

Don't know what happened when I tried to quote you Norpig. What I tried to say was that I agreed 100% with just the question of what to do if Mavies is fit? Simple swap for Medo?
And I hope Beckford doesn't even get on the bench - the useless lump.
P.S. As I have no relative that seems willing to die at a convenient time or a birth imminent I suppose I'll have to man up and suffer as usual.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:55 am

Anyway, on the excuses front, I don't see how the birth of a child is in any way a decent excuse not to come to the match.

I remember at Burnden, in those long lost pre-mobile days, when the stadium announcer would announce the imminent arrival to some match goer. "Would Mr Hezekiah Thruptenstall please phone his wife, as she's just gone into labour". The names were better in those days too.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:05 am

Perversely, I'm looking forward to this, but I think we'll get twatted 3-0 or 3-1
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:23 am

Bruno3 wrote:OK - let's put the question another way - what excuse is acceptable for not going?
I have numerous excuses:
1) There may be a reality tv cop show on PickTV. I can't miss one of them;
2) I have a bottle of Sainsbury's Basics Blended Whisky I can't wait to try (I'll post a photo in the whisky thread, if you like. Make all you whisky connoisseurs jealous);
3) I can't be arsed.

But another defeat, and another step down the line to beating last season's winless streak and #MakingHistoryWithDougieFreedman'sSuperWhiteArmy

Yeah.
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:24 am

Wheater and Mills together? *Shudders*
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:29 am

Prufrock wrote:Wheater and Mills together? *Shudders*
Wasn't that what everyone was saying last season, before Blackpool, when we kept a clean sheet and they became a fairly reliable partnership?

But yes. Shudder. Boo!
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:31 am

Norpig wrote:I think DF is a stubborn SOB so he will go with the team which finished last weeks game (hopefully he is not so stubborn as to see Pratley as a footballer). He may throw Mason in out of desperation but he may be on the bench! I would play the following;

No Danns?! Are you mad?!!

Oddly I'm daft enough to think we might do summat tomorrow. 2-2 draw
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:34 am

Mills and Wheater didn't start together in any of the games against Blackpool last year, did they?

Mills and Ream away in the 0-0.

Knight and Wheater in the Cup.

Knight and Wheater in the 1-0 at ours.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.