This Most Excellent Canopy, The Air—Look You. Boro at Home.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: This Most Excellent Canopy, The Air—Look You. Boro at Ho

Post by Andy Waller » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:47 am

I did like the new 4-0-6 formation Dougie employed for the last 10 mins.

It involved a lot of not getting back with the Boro attackers and standing on the halfway line with your hands on your hips.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:58 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:^ Needlessly harsh on Ream. Constantly left exposed by Lee and left between two stools, as he was against Forest. One of our better players on the night - at the very least finds a white shirt with his distribution and is now comfortable enough to hold the ball until he has an option.

Someone you missed from your list is Bogdan. Unaccustomed as I am to praising our goalkeepers, this is the second game on the spin that Ginge has been excellent. Commanded his box, confident, rock-solid handling, a cracking save in the second half and, as Twilight attests - could be heard constantly bossing / organising the back four, came for stuff that he previously didn't bother with. Hope he keeps it up.
Maybe. But his constant diving in and letting men beat him easily in doing so is becoming incredibly frustrating. I don't think we'll ever have a watertight defence whilst he is part of it. And yes he's decent on the ball but I didn't think last night was a good showcase for that either. Gave it away a fair bit and plenty of his passing was aimless.

If we could combine him and McNaughton we'd have a really good full back, but as it is....
Aye well, I may be wrong but I'm guessing you weren't at Watford? Be careful what you wish for, the spectre of Moxey looms large.
May the bridges I burn light your way

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:36 pm

ha ha, yes Bruce, Although last night was a pretty poor game it does not come near to competing with the Watford game, and Moxeiy (aka Gerald Cid) was dreadful. I thought Ream did ok last night but hey ho we all have different opinions

IggyTheDawgster
Reliable
Reliable

Post by IggyTheDawgster » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:11 pm

Just seen the extended highlights. That Kike was a nob for their pen, and nowt wrong with Beckfords leveller.
It ain't easy, Sleazy even, Deceiving those we, Believe in.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:45 pm

IggyTheDawgster wrote:Just seen the extended highlights. That Kike was a nob for their pen, and nowt wrong with Beckfords leveller.
Where are they? On the Offish site?

I wanted to have a look at those two incidents too - they both looked iffy...

IggyTheDawgster
Reliable
Reliable

Post by IggyTheDawgster » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:12 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
IggyTheDawgster wrote:Just seen the extended highlights. That Kike was a nob for their pen, and nowt wrong with Beckfords leveller.

Yes sir! Official Youtube channel.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:34 pm

Looking at the highlights makes me think...hey, we didn't do THAT badly. We seemed to be competitive. I actually think that the missing link in the team is Mark Davies. Without him, we are too predictable.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:40 pm

Forgot to say last night. Went into the club shop to waste some time before the match, and there was a bloke pinching one of the new home shirts. Don't know whether he got away with it though as we went out a few minutes later and he was still there

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:14 pm

IggyTheDawgster wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Ta!

Having looked at it again - their pengy looked like a pengy - he's almost playing tennis with it (less the racquet).

Not sure about our disallowed goal - deffo a nudge in the back - but really, really marginal....

IggyTheDawgster
Reliable
Reliable

Post by IggyTheDawgster » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:33 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
IggyTheDawgster wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Ta!

Having looked at it again - their pengy looked like a pengy - he's almost playing tennis with it (less the racquet).

Not sure about our disallowed goal - deffo a nudge in the back - but really, really marginal....
#

I just didn't like Kike's reaction, all arm waving trying to get a card like a child.

And how in the world can Beckford nudge someone in the back when he's goalside with his back to the player? Not having that one, Perfectly good goal.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:52 pm

IggyTheDawgster wrote:And how in the world can Beckford nudge someone in the back when he's goalside with his back to the player? Not having that one, Perfectly good goal.
Just like this...

IggyTheDawgster
Reliable
Reliable

Post by IggyTheDawgster » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:10 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
IggyTheDawgster wrote:And how in the world can Beckford nudge someone in the back when he's goalside with his back to the player? Not having that one, Perfectly good goal.
Just like this...

Nah, the defender was backing into him!! He put his hands up, as any normal person would. Not a push in a million years.

Besides, If you watch again that's not what the ref blows for, He let's that go as he should and blows for the next time they come into contact, where Beckford is facing goal and the defender is all over him.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:25 pm

I think that's why he gave it - like I said - tough decision, but could just about see it.

I wouldn't put any faith in last night's ref blowing at the time of the incident. He clearly wasn't that quick...

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:39 pm

Nothing wrong with Beckford's goal.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:44 pm

Did you notice that absolute toe-rag waving a card at the ref for Wheater's accidental handball? They got the penalty and had already had a big let off with their own man on our penalty...but oh no, not enough. What a xxxx
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:07 pm

boltonboris wrote:Oh yeah and Ream cannot stay on his feet. Either get's too tight and spun, or backs off too much and gets skinned
This is exactly what comes to mind when I think of him, but others seem to be suggesting he played well?
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:14 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
boltonboris wrote:Oh yeah and Ream cannot stay on his feet. Either get's too tight and spun, or backs off too much and gets skinned
This is exactly what comes to mind when I think of him, but others seem to be suggesting he played well?
there are people think Trotter did when he actually played like a lollypop man looking for his stop sign.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".