The New Freedman Poll

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Freedman, sack or keep?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:36 am

Sack
78%
Keep
22%

Total votes: 67

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: The New Freedman Poll

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:23 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
irie Cee Bee wrote:I voted "Keep".

If he is sacked, will the debt be immediately paid off and the new man get the 20 million needed to get in the players Dougie wanted? I dont think so.

He has carried us through this difficult period. Allow him to see the promised land at the end of it, having assisted in putting us back on firm financial footing, and making a decent team of us after others destroyed it.
I can accept your point on the cost cutting, although I disagree that it's enough of an excuse, but the bold bit completely undermines the rest. It is just simply not the case.
Bless you Irie but if you saw the shite he's producing ... not just results, but style, attitude, drive ... you may think differently.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:58 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
irie Cee Bee wrote:I voted "Keep".

If he is sacked, will the debt be immediately paid off and the new man get the 20 million needed to get in the players Dougie wanted? I dont think so.

He has carried us through this difficult period. Allow him to see the promised land at the end of it, having assisted in putting us back on firm financial footing, and making a decent team of us after others destroyed it.
I can accept your point on the cost cutting, although I disagree that it's enough of an excuse, but the bold bit completely undermines the rest. It is just simply not the case.
Bless you Irie but if you saw the shite he's producing ... not just results, but style, attitude, drive ... you may think differently.
Bobo, I am indeed at a disadvantage not being able to see the games, so I have to go with what you guys are seeing and experiencing. But he does sound like he knows what he wants, the club does seem to have a vision for the future, and making changes now may create further destabilization.
Also, I am not very confident that there are many manager out there who can work with these constraints. Its very painful that we could not find the 1.5Mill for Juke. He wanted to come here, the manager wanted him, we wanted him, he was affordable, and we did not go in. How many managers around could deal with that? The man who scored against us Sat cost 5 million. The one who scored on Tues cost 3 million. We could not find 1.5 Mill.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:14 pm

players who have cost nowt have also scored against us...

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:48 pm

Come on now this isn't the thread for a Duggie out discussion.

This is to get a feel of what the fans think.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:57 pm

He should just go, nothing suggests he learns from his mistakes.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:02 pm

He doesn't think he's making mistakes though. That's the worrying bit
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:14 pm

"Defender Matt Mills believes Bolton can overcome a difficult start to the season, starting at Brighton on Saturday."
As reported on BBC, so oor Doogie is still lining them up to give similar quotes. At this rate we'll be back in Europe in no time. Perhaps that's why he's bringing in new players (???) so he doesn't run out of players telling the fans they can do it come the following Saturday. 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:24 pm

the season starts now... (repeat to fade)! ;0)

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:40 pm

It could be worse.. We could be Fulham or Blackpool!

Silver lining and all that ;)

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:53 pm

Gravedigger wrote:"Defender Matt Mills believes Bolton can overcome a difficult start to the season, starting at Brighton on Saturday."
As reported on BBC, so oor Doogie is still lining them up to give similar quotes. At this rate we'll be back in Europe in no time. Perhaps that's why he's bringing in new players (???) so he doesn't run out of players telling the fans they can do it come the following Saturday. 8)
Now that is fecking excellent thinking.

The emergency loans offer fantastic opportunities for putting many players in front of a mic.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:08 pm

It doesn't matter how skint we are, there's no excuse for such awful football. We needs manager who can get the most of what we have, whether they're all free transfers or £10m players, it makes no difference. If we were looking good, improving as a side but were failing because we couldn't buy a couple of key players, I'd defend Freedman but that's not what is happening. We have a good squad for this league, although we need another striker, and the football is still terrible, we're no more a unit and that is only getting worse.

A lack of money doesn't affect the way the team plays, that's down to the direction and ability of the manager. Under Freedman, our football is very flawed. I'm not saying we should be playing tiki-taka either, I don't care about how aesthetic it is, it just has to be effective.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:56 pm

ChrisC wrote:It could be worse.. We could be Fulham or Blackpool!
As things stand, we're due to swap places with Fleetwood. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:24 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
ChrisC wrote:It could be worse.. We could be Fulham or Blackpool!
As things stand, we're due to swap places with Fleetwood. ;)
I thought you were taking the piss until I checked the table. Graham Alexander IN!!! It's now clear to me that he was responsible for Burnley's success, not our Owen.

If it happens we could draw them in the cup and have a shot at being giant killers I suppose.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:30 pm

Talking of cups, I noticed Crewe have nul points from 3 games. We'll shit em.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:18 am

Lord Kangana wrote:
Wandering Willy wrote:Christmas !!

I wouldn't give him till last Christmas - the useless sack of shit.

Where the f*ck have you been?
Got 3 years - out in 18 months.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:31 pm

boltonboris wrote:He doesn't think he's making mistakes though. That's the worrying bit
This in a nutshell....

Also apparently Gartside has actually e-mailed a fan today (from WWays) saying 'We are getting the club on the right track and Dougie is the right man for the job'

Dumb & Dumber....absolutely astonishing ! - it's no wonder the club is on its arse and turning fans off in droves.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:54 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
boltonboris wrote:He doesn't think he's making mistakes though. That's the worrying bit
This in a nutshell....

Also apparently Gartside has actually e-mailed a fan today (from WWays) saying 'We are getting the club on the right track and Dougie is the right man for the job'

Dumb & Dumber....absolutely astonishing ! - it's no wonder the club is on its arse and turning fans off in droves.
The right track, for Gartside, is simply a reduced deficit, lower wages, lower outgoings

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:00 pm

William the White wrote:The right track, for Gartside, is simply a reduced deficit, lower wages, lower outgoings.
WtW - Your absolutely correct....which is why he thinks that Freedman is the right man for the job.

Back to 80's under this regime

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:15 pm

The easiest way for the club to start paying off the debt to Davies would be to get promoted. It's the only quick and guaranteed fix. If we did something similar to Palace last year, when they gave Pulis a stay up bonus, then it'd be a great investment for the club if it resulted in promotion to the Premier League. Offer a proven manager a £2m promotion bonus, go up and the added TV money, kit sales, ticket sales etc. would make that £2m bonus irrelevant. A lot of good managers could be attracted if we were throwing around a massive bonus and it'd suit us if the result was promotion.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:09 am

You don't understand bonuses do you? For them to work there has to be at least a gamblers chance of achieving the goal. Can you honestly, hand on heart see our useless shower achieving more than 10th place, let alone promotion?