The New Freedman Poll

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Freedman, sack or keep?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:36 am

Sack
78%
Keep
22%

Total votes: 67

jaffka
Legend
Legend

The New Freedman Poll

Post by jaffka » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:36 am

Simple question, sack him or keep him. You decide!

This poll will run for 3 days.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Re: The New Freedman Poll

Post by Little Green Man » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:39 am

jaffka wrote:This poll will run for 3 days.
I think it needs more time. Like up to 10 games in or till the end of the season, or when its contract runs out.

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:40 am

I'm remaining tight lipped re my opinions on Dougle until the 10 game mark.

Only then will I let you know what I think of the useless nice person.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:41 am

Thought he should have been sacked before Christmas. Over the summer I figured lets see how he does now that he's got rid of the worst of the previous regimes players, whilst not having much confidence. If there were signs of turning a corner from last season I'd be more patient, but I'm seeing/hearing a repeat of last season. All the mistakes and problems are still there and for me no excuses left.

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:41 am

Always been pro-Freedman until recently
I just cant see any sort of progression
Its turning into a shambles
Freedman out !
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:42 am

coffeymagic wrote:I'm remaining tight lipped re my opinions on Dougle until the 10 game mark.

Only then will I let you know what I think of the useless tw*t.
You are responsible for Dougie's media training and I claim my 5 Internet Pounds!

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:45 am

This is a quick poll to gauge current feeling.

I can create another poll quite easily at the ten game mark, if he is still here.

Norpig
Promising
Promising

Post by Norpig » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:12 pm

I have been patient with this guy so far an could not see the point in getting rid of him last season but now that he has got rid of the previous regimes players and bringing in his own players. This is his team seen all league games so far and from what I have seen I say get rid NOW!!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:15 pm

Hopefully the next poll will say "Should we have kept Freedman"
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:20 pm

'Keep', but only because I said I'd wait till ten games. Not looking good.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:21 pm

After 10 games, I reckon we'll be about 6-7 points adrift at the bottom
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:24 pm

I voted 'keep' because the next clown we get will be another Gartside apointee who'll be the King of Football until we kick off the first game under him when we'll see what we've got is Freedman-lite.

The next manager we get is either Jimmy Phillips, Kevin Blackwell or Micky Phelan. Someone looking to get his foot on the rung yet unable to climb the ladder.

Be careful what you wish for is basically what I'm saying because the way it's going and will go if we get rid is that in a couple of years time we'll be looking back at home defeats to Middlesboro' and going 'Those WERE the good times weren't they?'

I'm not happy with the way Gartside/BSA/LSL/TC/OC/DF have taken the club - it's been suffocated both on the pitch and in the stands and unless something is done fast we are well and truly effed.

Sacking Dougie I don't think is the answer.

Y'know what we're like? We're like a B52 bomber, kimping back from a raid over Germany. All but one of our engines is on fire, the pilot is dead, his co-pilot is bleeding heavily and we're being flown by a rookie, straight out da Bronx who's going to land this plane no matter what.

Sadly he's a clown too and the plane smashes right in to the White Cliffs.

No happy ending.

See if that bell Noel Fielding was writing that it'd be on Channel4 tonight.

Commission x 12
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:28 pm

The next man will be John Beck.

YHIHF. VITK. ETC.
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:32 pm

coffeymagic wrote: Sadly he's a clown too and the plane smashes right in to the White Cliffs.

Bobo out!

palexjones
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by palexjones » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:42 pm

could not get anything out of the squad he inherited
cannot get much out of the players he has brought in
only seems to bring in players(if you can call some of them that) that say "yes boss"
cannot stop tinkering
what can he do
ahh yes talk contradictory rubbish
time he went :crazy:
I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different. KURT VONNEGUT (1922-2007)

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:43 pm

thebish wrote:
coffeymagic wrote: Sadly he's a clown too and the plane smashes right in to the White Cliffs.
Bobo out!
I've noticed a lot of casual clownism on here recently. Institutionalised clownism is a plague on our society.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:14 pm

He's set himself up to fail. Everything is everyone else's fault (sound familiar?) and he's trying to sort out the mess left by the last bloke (ditto).

He moans and he groans, complains about the ref, complains about how 'hard' football is 'thesedays' and bemoans his luck infront of goal.

Well from where I'm sitting (210 miles away) it looks like there's only one, or two people to blame for this.

The PG Chimp and the Freedman himself.

There's a resignation areound the ground that's been growing since Allardyce left. Each manager since has come in and said 'We're only a small club' and blah blah blah. We were a regular top 10 club.

How did we lose that?

Clubs used to shite themselves coming here now they turn up and we roll over without a whimper.

Stirkers who can't score, defenders who can't stay on their feet, goalies where if it's on target it's in and a midfield crammed to the gunnels with hard working but ultimately shit players.

There's no flair, no one can run with the ball (for more than 10 yards without breaking a leg) and everyone turns to jelly when they see the whites of the net.

Our first game this year is going to be the Gary Megson Memorial on the 14th of Sept. They'd better be a vast improvement in play and result by then or you'll effing hear me all right.

I'm trying to bring a boy up as a Superwhite.

Does Freedman have any idea how hard he's making that?

twitter @thetonycoffey

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:44 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Thought he should have been sacked before Christmas. Over the summer I figured lets see how he does now that he's got rid of the worst of the previous regimes players, whilst not having much confidence. If there were signs of turning a corner from last season I'd be more patient, but I'm seeing/hearing a repeat of last season. All the mistakes and problems are still there and for me no excuses left.
I don't think he was helped by this Summer's Transfer Thread. :-)

And unlike the last two managers who pointed to having to cut the wage budget - I actually think Freedman has done so - and in large measure.

But I think the time has come/passed....You could see us on 1 point from 12 by 1700 on Saturday.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:55 pm

He's had his opportunity and we are now going backwards at a rapid rate. I can't see us getting anything out of the next 2 games, so that's one point for the opening month and already adrift at the bottom.

By far the biggest criticism for me, should be reserved for Gartside. 4 opportunities to get someone in who could build on what we had, he has failed spectacularly and overseen a significant decline. In any other walk of life he would have been long gone (except the NHS where he would have been promoted to a level well beyond his competence).
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:05 pm

10 games is too much. I thought 6. Now I think get rid. Tactics and formation fiddling and even the odd loan will make little difference in the long run. It's a mentality issue and his is dire. Get rid ASAP. It's not knee-jerk, a new season is not a clean slate.