Who Do You Want?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Who Do You Want?

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:11 pm

While I don't feel that he is fully to blame for the predicament we are in, the poll shows that most have lost patience with Freedman and want a change. Therefore, I thought it would be good to indulge in a spot of role-play. You wake up on Monday morning and Dougie Freedman has been asked to clear his desk. By some strange quirk of fate, Eddie Davies phones you whilst you're having your breakfast and tasks you with bringing in the next manager. Who would be your first choice to take over, and why?
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Who Do You Want?

Post by Hoboh » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:17 pm

Nicko58 wrote:While I don't feel that he is fully to blame for the predicament we are in, the poll shows that most have lost patience with Freedman and want a change. Therefore, I thought it would be good to indulge in a spot of role-play. You wake up on Monday morning and Dougie Freedman has been asked to clear his desk. By some strange quirk of fate, Eddie Davies phones you whilst you're having your breakfast and tasks you with bringing in the next manager. Who would be your first choice to take over, and why?
Me
Because the shower of pansies would be iontroduced to winter hill and an AK47 waiting at the end of the game just in case any of them was shite!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:33 pm

A manager used to working on a budget of fúck-all, because that's what we've got.

A manager who can work with the players at his disposal rather than having to import his own men, because the window shuts in a week and besides we've got a budget of fúck-all

A manager known more for attacking than defensive football

A manager who doesn't see himself as a Premier League manager any time soon, because this might get worse before it gets better

Most sensible name I've seen so far is Sean O'Driscoll, but I'd certainly invite Keith Hill for a chat

It sure as shit ain't gonna be Tony Pulis

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:44 pm

Not Freedman.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:05 pm

Paul Tisdale.

Too many scruffy f*ckers recently.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:10 pm

Prufrock wrote:Paul Tisdale.

Too many scruffy f*ckers recently.

Didn't know who he was so googled him. He's a bit of alright him. Agree with prufrock Tisdale for manager!! 8)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:11 pm

Pulis.

Ain't happening, but that's who I want.

Would prob settle for Hughton.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:17 pm

Wrong headed I know, but im now at the anyone but Freedman stage.

We're skint, so someone currently out of work. O'Driscoll or Warnock are as good a shouts as any.

However, if it does happen and Phil is given control of the job again - it won't be anyone like them two. It'll be some know nowt with no record to speak off who shares the same agent as Phil. Thank God Leeds beat us to Hockaday!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:26 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Wrong headed I know, but im now at the anyone but Freedman stage.
sounds horribly like a distant echo of "anyone but coyle..." - which didn't work out that well!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:29 pm

thebish wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:Wrong headed I know, but im now at the anyone but Freedman stage.
sounds horribly like a distant echo of "anyone but coyle..." - which didn't work out that well!
Well you say that, but we were one game away fron the playoffs that season...

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:50 pm

thebish wrote:
I know! I just refuse to believe it CAN get any worse!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:52 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
thebish wrote:
I know! I just refuse to believe it CAN get any worse!
oh - believe me - there is plenty of scope for it to get much, much, much worsererer!! :D

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:54 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:A manager used to working on a budget of fúck-all, because that's what we've got.

A manager who can work with the players at his disposal rather than having to import his own men, because the window shuts in a week and besides we've got a budget of fúck-all

A manager who doesn't see himself as a Premier League manager any time soon, because this might get worse before it gets better

Most sensible name I've seen so far is Sean O'Driscoll, but I'd certainly invite Keith Hill for a chat

Owen Coyle pre-Bolton fits that bill and it didn't work out.

I reckon its more than just a managerial change that's needed but a change higher up that filters down to the manager an the players. Need to have a genuine driving force behind the club. As it stands that driving force has come and gone with each passing manager and not really been acted upon by the club.

Allardyce - Best technology, quality not quantity
Lee - Better Passing Football, revolution not evolution, player overhaul
Megson - Hard to beat, Scrape for points, no need for fancy tech, sod the budget sign em all
Coyle - Attack, attack, attack, sod training and tech, just have a laugh
Freedman - Hard to beat, Scrape for points, fancy tech welcome, sort out budget

There's not been one over-riding factor in our team that suggests we have a master plan.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:58 pm

Mar wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:A manager used to working on a budget of fúck-all, because that's what we've got.

Owen Coyle pre-Bolton fits that bill and it didn't work out.

I reckon its more than just a managerial change that's needed but a change higher up that filters down to the manager an the players. Need to have a genuine driving force behind the club. As it stands that driving force has come and gone with each passing manager and not really been acted upon by the club.

Allardyce - Best technology, quality not quantity
Lee - Better Passing Football, revolution not evolution, player overhaul
Megson - Hard to beat, Scrape for points, no need for fancy tech, sod the budget sign em all
Coyle - Attack, attack, attack, sod training and tech, just have a laugh
Freedman - Hard to beat, Scrape for points, fancy tech welcome, sort out budget

There's not been one over-riding factor in our team that suggests we have a master plan.
Aye, someone at least gets it.

Club needs a reboot. But doubt anyone wants to buy it.

Any manager we get has to be experienced and know what they are doing.

Anyone suggesting bollocks such as Jimmy Phillips wants shooting. We need someone who is actually qualified and has a track record of some sort.

Because if things don't turn round we need someone we can trust to stick with.

Inexperience just leads to doubt and the club needs stability.

I think we are in for a very difficult decade so someone with experience to navigate the lower leagues is essential.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:03 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote: Aye, someone at least gets it.
I wouldn't go that far.
BWFC_Insane wrote: Club needs a reboot. But doubt anyone wants to buy it.

Any manager we get has to be experienced and know what they are doing.

Anyone suggesting bollocks such as Jimmy Phillips wants shooting. We need someone who is actually qualified and has a track record of some sort.
Jimmy Phillips is an interesting one. I do think he would do an uplifting job for us but I don't think it would be a long term success, I would hazard a guess an say its Coyle territory where the guy at the club becomes the next scapegoat. Jimmy Phillips has been at the club a while and I would prefer if we didn't throw him to the wolves by appointing him manager permanently.
BWFC_Insane wrote: I think we are in for a very difficult decade so someone with experience to navigate the lower leagues is essential.
Indeed. I think we've got a lot of harsh realities to face but I also think that should we address these with a long term plan and get the players and staff on board with that said plan then we should be able to progress in the right direction.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:34 pm

Adrian Boothroyd
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:47 pm

Gazza, he needs a break.

With Merson and Adams assisting him.

Bryan Robson one of the coaches.

You need to be pissed to watch the whites these days, might as well as get a piss pot coaching team in as well. Be easier to forget this season for all concerned with a alcohol fumes coming from all parts of the ground.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:17 pm

Owen Coyle? Really?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:55 am

Owen Coyle was already a Premier League manager when we appointed him

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:06 pm

I want Freedman.

If, however, the unthinkable did happen, I'd want Owen Coyle back. Gartside should get down in his knees and beg him to return. He was treated abominably by the club, and it was his sacking that led to the current decline.

Beyond that, John Beck. Proven ability to work with no money and get the best out of limited squads.

Anyone else, and I'll be booing them from the moment they step foot in the door until the moment the skulk away.
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"