There's Elland darkness, there's the sulfurous pit - LEEDS

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Re: There's Elland darkness, there's the sulfurous pit - LEE

Post by EverSoYouri » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:32 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:I've had the text ..... Dan is incandescent about Beckfordgate.
:lol:

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:39 pm

Chungy - fecking useless. As much possession as you want with no danger to the opposition.
This speaks to a point I've made elsewhere about man-management. Chung is, potentially, alongside Mavies, our best player.

Clearly he's never recovered psychologically from that awful leg break. Somebody at the club (sports psychologist?) needs to put some serious work in on his self-belief.

This (again along with Mavies, only more so) is a player who can and has cut it at Premier league level (and internationally at the World Cup - not this year's but before).

He's lost his nerve not his ability. A multi-million pound outfit like BWFC ought to be able to help him get it back. ffs.

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:53 pm

Really can't believe a few of the comments on this thread...

I thought we put in a decent albeit sporadic performance and if this result had been in isolation then I would have been quite proud. In the cold light of day it wasn't though and especially given the level of opposition (Leeds looked terrible) Freedman can have no complaints about being handed his P45..it's just ironic it came after one of our better performances..

Our lack of goals, and especially an overall killer instinct is worrying. We had a ten minute spell (between 70-80 minutes) where I think we forced about 3-4 corners out of the Leeds back line and some very last ditch defending. Problem is we never kept up the pressure with the introduction of Beckford proving the final straw until the 94th minute. As an aside I do think there was something about Beckfords attitude yesterday that did stick in the throat. I don't think it was entirely the thumps up he gave when coming onto the pitch, or the wave itself in isolation, but more the fact that it came DURING the course of the game. At a time when we were chasing an equaliser, and the ball was still in play, surely he should be more focused with his on pitch duty than anything going on in the stands no? There's a time and a place and all that but personally I just feel it was a poor move by an individual whose overall demeanor isn't that of a professional football player.

On the flipside it's a crying shame Craig Davies can't add more goals to his game, or at least rely on them from elsewhere. Top effort from the lad. Mason was a constant threat and could have done better (rather than should) with a number of chances in both half. Like him as a player and believe he could grab us 10+ over the course of the season but is definitely championship standard.

My main issue was the lack of wing threat. Danns had a poor game but i'm generally a massive fan of his and Chungy was his usual, god awful self. We've developed an awfully nice habit of TRYING to play the ball out of defense and Bogdan seems to have developed a keen eye for the outball (to coincide with Mr Knights departure?) but whenever it came down Chungys side it just got stuck. It could be a 3 on 3 break and CYL just seems to have no desire to break forward and take on his man. As Dibble said the majority of Feenys crosses were too close to the keeper but at least he was getting them in (and he was only introduced with 10 minutes+ to go).

Defensively quite solid with Hayden White proving a mixed bag. Very good going forward but positionally exposed. Fair performance for a young lad who is very much back up at his position.

I can't wait for Mark Davies to come back and at least give us some creative spark. We're an OK side but sadly no more. Still feel all the parts are there but just need a bit of style and substance to our play. Would love to see us get a coach who can add a bit of swagger to our build up play, an added threat from midfield could work wonders for releasing the boys up top.

If we're really set on keeping our hands in our pockets in the transfer market than we really need to coach up to what we have. Feel we could be a top half side with aspirations for the final play off spot but it all depends on managerial decisions within the next 14 days.

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:40 pm

Freedman can have no complaints about being handed his P45..it's just ironic it came after one of our better performances..
Has he gone???!!

:pissed:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:52 pm

Anybody seen any highlights from the game? I saw that absolutely dollywhobbler of a goal they scored, but that's it?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

B4E
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by B4E » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:03 pm

I watched the Football League show last night. Out of our 22 shots, they showed Mason's shot that hit the bar (unlucky), a shot from Mason where he toe-poked it straight at the keeper (should have been a goal) and Beckford's header at the end that went straight at the keeper (should have been a goal). Even Leroy Rosenior knows that most Bolton fans are giving Dougie stick.
I miss Zat Knight already.

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:18 pm

Well looks like somebody at the club agreed with me about beckfords behaviour on Saturday. Trying to get him loaned out to any takers. Well done Dougie. About time

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:34 pm

Not like that's a bit of a leap there.

Or anything to do with his hit n miss form or owt...

:roll:

Spartan2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Spartan2 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:02 am

Worthy4England wrote:Not like that's a bit of a leap there.

Or anything to do with his hit n miss form complete lack of ability.

Fixed that for you.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:59 am

Spartan2 wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:Not like that's a bit of a leap there.

Or anything to do with his hit n miss form complete lack of ability.

Fixed that for you.
Fair play. :D

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:59 am

Puskas wrote:
jetsetwilly wrote:Nope didn't cry at Stoke. Been in league one before that's not the issue.
You've never seen us in league 1. If you were old enough (which I doubt), you'll have seen us in divisions 3 and 4, but never league 1.
Last time we were at that level – in the first year of the Premier League era – it was called the Barclays League Division Two. (That was only our last year there - all the others, it was the Third Division).